You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

We've been watching Suarez all season. We bid for him weeks ago (and it wasn't the £12m quoted by the Dutch press either, it wasn't that far short of what we eventually paid). We didn't sign Suarez because we were getting money for Torres, it just looks like it might turn out that way.

I can see what you mean there, but why does he need to be advised? He's a grown man, he's not going to be unaware of the effect that doing this will have. I know footballers are mostly fucking thick like, but he should at least have the balls to be his own man.

Why has he been badly advised? Roman could have said look at my track record, I have spend big and willing to do anything to be nr 1 again. You are 26 years old and havent won much, Liverpool will take few years as the owners wont spend silly to get the best. Im willing to do so....so come here and win stuff. You cant argue against that

How the fuck can you even suggest the club is complicit in this!? We've been trying to sign suarez for at least 10 days publically, possibly longer privately.

The only reason torres is looking like 'the bad guy' is because he fucking is. He's the one who asked the club to negotiate when the chelsea bid was made. I didnt believe that news when it broke but then he hands in a transfer request its clear he wants to leave.

All this 'club plotting' stuff, you need to have a word with yoursel.

Agreed. I doubt we will see the Kop bounce as one again.

Let's be honest, he's been poor for the vast majority of this season, and has only looked arsed (mysteriously) when the transfer window opened. Let's just show the miserable fucker the door. He hasn't looked the same player since he came back from his injury and we are probably never going to get this kind of money for him again. Plus we have Kenny to reinvest it in the team. Right now we will be better off without him as it means we will have players who actually want to be here.

How the fuck can you even suggest the club is complicit in this!? We've been trying to sign suarez for at least 10 days publically, possibly longer privately.

The only reason torres is looking like 'the bad guy' is because he fucking is. He's the one who asked the club to negotiate when the chelsea bid was made. I didnt believe that news when it broke but then he hands in a transfer request its clear he wants to leave.

All this 'club plotting' stuff, you need to have a word with yoursel.

Look, im not saying the club IS complicit in this. Just saying it is possible.

Torres might have said this summer that he'd be off in january if the club didnt match his own ambitions, he might have told the club he'd be off in the beginning of January too and the club said, wait we need to sort out a replacement before that can happen, for all we know.

There's a just bad smell about it, because this whole thing is coming out after we have just signed Suarez and with only 3 days left in the transfer window. And that is probably down to Torres and his camp, with no games left for us in January and the deal will have to go through quickly the backlash on him will be kept to a minimum.

So im not saying the club is complicit, just saying it's possible.

Why has he been badly advised? Roman could have said look at my track record, I have spend big and willing to do anything to be nr 1 again. You are 26 years old and havent won much, Liverpool will take few years as the owners wont spend silly to get the best. Im willing to do so....so come here and win stuff. You cant argue against that

He has been badly advised by the people around him. Not the Chelsea people.

Guest San Don
Look, im not saying the club IS complicit in this. Just saying it is possible.

Torres might have said this summer that he'd be off in january if the club didnt match his own ambitions, he might have told the club he'd be off in the beginning of January too and the club said, wait we need to sort out a replacement before that can happen, for all we know.

There's a just bad smell about it, because this whole thing is coming out after we have just signed Suarez and with only 3 days left in the transfer window. And that is probably down to Torres and his camp, with no games left for us in January and the deal will have to go through quickly the backlash on him will be kept to a minimum.

So im not saying the club is complicit, just saying it's possible.

Open your eyes. The club isnt complicit in this.

The only smell is your breath cos you're talking out your arse.

Now fuck off.

I'd love to hear what King Kenny has to say to him today, personally, I'd force him to stay till the summer . He won't pull on a red shirt again but he won't be scoring against us for a rival . That way we can force a bidding war between Chavski, citeh, Barca and Real . In the mean time, Ngog and Suarez upfront and start talks with the likes of Aguero .

Ah, I can't do it anymore .....

Fuck you Nando you cunt .

Someone at the club told me a couple of weeks ago that the only promise Purslow made him was that the club would be sold by the October refinancing deadline. That was it, nothing else.

Kenny Huang's people on the other hand, promised him the world (including Iniesta and Drogba). If he believed all that crap, it's on him, not the club.

Of course, if Purslow promised him more than just the club being sold by October then I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Hicks, Gillett and Purslow were continually telling Torres and the fans that we'd be spending big in the next transfer window (whenever that was). After a while we stopped buying into it and so did he. Kenny Huang's lot came in and said they'd then spend 150 billion or whatever it was - then we got FSG, who (correctly) are more prudent, but don't have the same cash as Huang claimed to have. Torres therefore believes he's not going to see any large scale investment at Liverpool, ever.

He's been colossally badly advised by his people, essentially. Purslow did what Purslow did, he was a horrendous shithouse, but Torres was taken in by a lot of PR and his advisors have been trying to get him to move for a year now.

I am now ashamed to be a Liverpool supporter.

Ignorant gullible "fans" blaming a decent man and a great Red, Fernando Torres.

Instead they believe American morons, shitstirrers from Chelsea, and the gutter media.

As for this club/ "franchise", does Pepe get an award for the "last star remaining".

I'm gonna burn my scarf and send it to John Henry.

Just thought would post this. Putting it in here, dont think he realises the hurt he has created.

Empire of the Kop Letter – what I sent to Torres’ agent

Posted on January 29, 2011 by cberrylfc

Dear El Niño – Fernando Torres & representatives

- This letter is taken from LFC fan forum Empire Of The Kop (empireofthekop.co.uk) it would be wonderful if Nando could read this. He has broken our hearts. -

I do not know if you will ever see this letter or if somewhere in Liverpool you are lying awake like me, unable to sleep thinking.. thinking.. Nando, one thing supporting LFC has taught us is that we must have faith when everyone around us has lost hope. It is for that reason I write this letter – until the referee blows the final whistle, I always believe we have a chance to make things right.

Friday brought the news of Chelsea FC having a bid rejected for you, £35m allegedly. I laughed when I heard of the bid and the number, I thought Fernando Torres is worth more than £ and numbers, Chelsea can have their big money but big money doesn’t buy our Nando’s affections!

All my favourite journalists were telling me we had no reason to worry, that with King Kenny in charge and Liverpool looking to sign Suarez Nando would never desert us. I never needed to read that because I never questioned your loyalty but it was good to hear nonetheless.

Then Mr Balague spoke saying you wanted to leave Liverpool and you had asked Liverpool to listen to offers. I laughed at that too! I have a lot of respect for Guiliem but I said, unless Fernando Torres comes out himself and says he is leaving, I will NEVER question his loyalty.

I knew people were thinking I was stupid, stubborn and naive but I didn’t care. When you believe in someone or something, the true test of your faith is during the bad times not during the good!

All day I was hearing the same rumours flying around, all day I watched as more and more people began to lose faith. The silence was deafening. The buzz of rumours and hearsay too loud. Still, I kept faith refusing to question your love and loyalty to Liverpool FC and to the fans.

I must have fallen asleep at some point during the night only to be woken at 3am with a need to search the news. There it was in black and red. The words I did not want to see or hear all day. The words I was refusing to accept even as I read them; Fernando Torres has handed in a transfer request.

My heart broke Nando as did so many others tonight.. They say something feels like a kick in the stomach – this felt like Stevie G had smashed the ball straight at me gut.

I can not see what will happen for the rest of the year, I do not know whether LFC will be pushing upwards or falling back downwards until May. But I can tell you that Liverpool FC needs you to help us fight to move upwards.

Fernando, you do not need a history lesson from me explaining to you why you should not leave us. And I will not give you one. I will speak openly to you about what you mean to us and what we mean to you.

Nando when you joined Liverpool FC fresh from Spain, we had already fallen in love with you because of your famous armband. But, the day you stood up to John Terry against Chelsea was the day you wrote yourself into Liverpool legend..

We sang for you Nando, home and away. We cheered for you every time you came on and clapped you every time you came off. Our song for you followed us around Europe to Atletico and to the Bernabeau where we showed your rivals you were ours! When you were not even on the pitch we sang your name. When you played well we cheered your every touch and when you played poorly we stood up for you.

We fell in love with Spain because of you Nando, Liverpool became Spain in honour of you. We made friends with your fans in Atletico because of you. We sat with them and sang your name aide by side. We watched you as you played for the Spanish National team, praying you would come back home happy and free of injuries.

We watched as you scored the winning goal against Germany and you won the world cup in South Africa. We followed the post world cup festivities only see your face – your joy! We cried when we saw you celebrating with a Liverpool scarf on and we smiled knowing you were ours and we were yours.

We made Merseyside your home Nando. We afforded you every respect. Stopping you in the street to ask about your family; your wife and beautiful children.

Our children made you their heroes, you fulfilled their dreams every time you scored. You made them happy Nando. You made us all happy.

We waved our flags bearing your name, fans paid money to create flags placing you and King Kenny side by side. Some of us bought our first Liverpool shirts with your name on. We bought your autobiography and cried over your love and dedication to us…

We gave you our love Nando and you made us happy. You respected us. Clapped us when you scored and when we lost. You understood us Nando, understood our passion to succeed.

But it has been a tough 18 months for us all. Fans and players alike. We watched as we nearly lost our great club, we sang, protested and marched and we won that battle. Then, we watched our performances get worse on the pitch, listened as so many people criticised you but we took to our forums, blogs and twitter defending your abilities. When King Kenny took over, we saw a new Liverpool. A happy team fighting for the club and the manager. We saw you Nando proving your doubters wrong – proving us right.

Fernando, I think what hurts us the most from this is that we do not understand the timing of your request. King Kenny loves you, he has faith in you and needs you to help get his club out of this mess. Leaving us in January, Nando would be as bad as a soldier turning back on his men when the battle is at it’s most trying moment..

I will end this letter now by asking you to think of our bond, our love and our respect for you before you make a decision. Know this Nando, no team will love you the way we have and still do..

People may think me naive and idiotic for having held faith in you for so long, but it is my way – it is The Liverpool Way. But, If you leave Nando, we will console ourselves knowing that players come and go but the club and it’s crest will always remain.

YNWA – A besotted fan

Empire of the Kop Letter – what I sent to Torres’ agent | A Realistic View on LFC in aBlog

Fuck me , I agree with everyone saying bollocks to the Judas let him go and re-build with the 50 million we'll get for him. But from an emotional point of view it's pretty devastating that after all the adulation,songs and man-love heaped on him from our fans,and for the 1st time in 2years things are looking up for LFC,new attacking minded manager,club record transfer in Suarez and owners who seem to know what they are doing - he then goes and shits on us all by wanting to leave.

Of all the greedy self centered players that are around I never had Torres down as one, I thought he was a genuine fella. How wrong can you be. Now he's no better than Shrek.

Sniff....

He has been badly advised by the people around him. Not the Chelsea people.

Footballers are not as thick as people claim they are. Torres was properly told when they new owners come everything will change. and he has realised they are not offering a quick fix, but will slowly build the team. He's fed up with being patient and believe Chelsea with Romans money will build a new team and he wants success straight away

Open your eyes. The club isnt complicit in this.

The only smell is your breath cos you're talking out your arse.

Now fuck off.

Yes thats right. We've got decent honest Americans. Just like lovely Tom & George were. Look how selfish some people are, stopping them buying nice new yachts and mansions. And Chelsea are a bastion of morality, who'd never dream of stirring up shit and lies in the press. :whistle:

Having woken up to the news, I can honestly say I'm more arsed about the fact that we've got no Coco Pops in.

He wants to go, let him. Should be the end of it really.

Quite. The Liverpool Way is back with the management and the owners but it's just a shame that some of the fans (or the usual muppets on here) are a step behind. Have some class and trust in the fact that we have a setup now that know what they are doing, for the first time in about twenty years.

Torres shouldn't get hate (TLW) or unrequited love (RAWK), he should just get a shrug of the shoulders - apathy.

Footballers are not as thick as people claim they are. Torres was properly told when they new owners come everything will change. and he has realised they are not offering a quick fix, but will slowly build the team. He's fed up with being patient and believe Chelsea with Romans money will build a new team and he wants success straight away

It's the way he's gone about this, and the choice of club, that suggest he's been very badly advised. Not the fact that he wants away.