You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

to be honest i really cant see us selling him to chelsea or man city not now or in the summer lets face it would city or chelsea sell us 1 of there top players at anytime? nope the answer would be they wont sell them to a rival

im not even going to panic over this it smells of torres throwing his toys out of his pram in frustration that we have not signed players in the january window

its 1 way of getting peoples attention aint it look at rooney a tevez and this smells of the same bullshit as what happened with them

We brought in a proper medical team and he's already played more league games than last year. Don't be so sure.

to be fair, he's been wank in over 90 per cent of the games he's been fit to play in. Actually come to think of it, it's funny how he's pulled out his best performances this season against Chelsea and during the transfer window...

Tell city we ll take Johnson and Lesscot(looked good whenever he played LB for blueshite) and 40 million fuck chelsea they have obviously been tapping him up for a while.

I really hope this doesnt come to this and he at least has the decency to give the king at least till the end of the season i never thought Nando would screw us like this something must of happened we dont know about.

Just heard that torres has falen out with gerrard and carragher and anoher one of the many reasons tha torres has looked to push this move through, this would explain the celebrations everyone was talking about where gerrard ignored torres and vice versa also if you remember at the star of the season when carra was shouting a torres and he put his finger to his lip telling him to sssh.

the lad hat told me has been bang on so far knew bout the suarez deal and abou torres wanting to leave.

Carragher's just a useless footballer with big mouth and an eye on management these days. Gerrard and his ego are a pain up the arse too.

Sell those muppets and make Nando captain. Oh and BUY SOME FUCKING PLAYERS!!

If, at the start of the window, someone had offered me Hodgson out, Dalglish in, Torres out, Suarez in, I'd have snapped their hand off. I'm going to be smiling at having Kenny back in charge for a long time yet, and nothing will spoil that.

That said, I think that Torres is being extraordinarily badly advised. Why ruin a fantastic legacy at Liverpool by behaving like this, to get a move to Chelsea of all clubs? Bizarre.

I can see what you mean there, but why does he need to be advised? He's a grown man, he's not going to be unaware of the effect that doing this will have. I know footballers are mostly fucking thick like, but he should at least have the balls to be his own man.

Touché.

And there you have it. G&H's purchase (and subsequent financial rape) of this club more or less coincided with Fernando's arrival. We were on the way up, had a strong team and some very good players. We were back in the top of European football and had just been in our second CL final in three seasons. But the rumblings had already begun right after the final in Athens, rumblings that ended in open warfare at the club. We know the rest.

Liverpool FC of today is far away from the club Torres signed for. He's waited three years and more than delivered on the pitch. And now he's on his way out.

Thank you, Moores and Parry.

JUst 4 of the sales:-

Masch 22m, Keane 19m, Nando 50m?, Xabi 30m?

TOTAL 122m

IN Poulsen, Mereiles, Ngog(?), nobody.

Its not a football club. Its a horror filmI don't know why I even post. So many spineless mugs as supporters are the root cause.

Abit of a difference.

Suarez as far as i know didnt hand in a transfer request. The deal had been negotiated for the entire friggin window, and he did not ask to leave for PSV Eindhoven...

No transfer request, but 'would love to be a big name in England'. As soon as our (frankly ridiculous) £12m offer is rejected, he starts having a pop at Ajax. Agree with you about Chelsea though, in an deal world, he'd be off to Barca. Or Sturm Graz for all I care - just not that shower. Or the Mancs. That would be worse.

It would be interesting to discover what promises were made (and subsequently broken) by Purslow - for he was the one tasked with convincing him to stay - as I suspect that is the reason Torres' representatives will give.

Someone at the club told me a couple of weeks ago that the only promise Purslow made him was that the club would be sold by the October refinancing deadline. That was it, nothing else.

Kenny Huang's people on the other hand, promised him the world (including Iniesta and Drogba). If he believed all that crap, it's on him, not the club.

Of course, if Purslow promised him more than just the club being sold by October then I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can't believe he wants to go to Chelsea. Anybody that judges by this very moment alone, as he seems to be doing, is welcome to leave.

Just as long as we get top money for him, then we can get some other players in. Maybe somebody like Benzema and a good winger. Fucking shame though.

I hope he is just trying to spark the owners in to an ambitious summer of spending. I know the modern day player is a cunt but Torres wouldnt be that stupid surely? Reina needs to have a word if he is genuine and not just making a statement to the owners.

I can see what you mean there, but why does he need to be advised? He's a grown man, he's not going to be unaware of the effect that doing this will have. I know footballers are mostly fucking thick like, but he should at least have the balls to be his own man.

I agree. But I think that most professional footballers don't have a mind of their own. And all have greedy, self-serving agents/lawyers. The consequence of this lethal combo is the quite incredible events which unfolded yesterday.

We'll all feel much better when Kenny has spoken on the subject.

The same could be said about Chelsea. Wilkins has gone, Arnesen is moving on and I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti goes to. There are a lot of players that are 30 or over at Chelsea and there is a significant rebuilding job to be done at Stamford Bridge in the next couple of years.

Nobody cares where they might be in a couple of years. What matters is where they are NOW + the what 65m they are trying to spend NOW to address that problem.

We've failed to address our depth problem at striker/CH/LB for a couple of years now and NESV have said we're not going to break the bank; we're going down the Arsenal route.

The situations aren't all that similar IMO. They fucked up with promoting the youth this season, but they've worked out they fucked up and they are showing a serious intention to fix the problem and to fix it now.

I agree. But I think that most professional footballers don't have a mind of their own. And all have greedy, self-serving agents/lawyers. The consequence of this lethal combo is the quite incredible events which unfolded yesterday.

We'll all feel much better when Kenny has spoken on the subject.

Very true mate.

Guest San Don
This coming out with only 3 days left and us having just signed Suarez, it really does smell like this whole thing is designed to make Torres the bad guy and the club look innocent.

Which i hope is not the case, but the timing of it is just so strange...

And if the club was involved in plotting this dont think the transfer request would have been rejected so swiftly...

How the fuck can you even suggest the club is complicit in this!? We've been trying to sign suarez for at least 10 days publically, possibly longer privately.

The only reason torres is looking like 'the bad guy' is because he fucking is. He's the one who asked the club to negotiate when the chelsea bid was made. I didnt believe that news when it broke but then he hands in a transfer request its clear he wants to leave.

All this 'club plotting' stuff, you need to have a word with yoursel.