You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

makes you sick thinking he could be scoring against us next week... really think hes gone now and he'll go to chelsea... only game he played this season was the chelsea game and the english league really suits him.. i'd hold out till summer and start a bidding war cos there defo be more than just chelsea in for him selling now would fuck us up.

Regardless of the fact that he wants to go we would be wrong to let it happen now with no time to bring in a replacement. Kenny should sit down with him and ,if he has to, make it clear it's way too late in the window for him to go and that he needs to honour his contract until summer when we can find the right replacement. At the end of the day all his talk about staying and maybe even signing a contract extension was just a load of hot air Nando is no different to a lot of other pro's out there. When it's right for us he should go we can move on.

you need to read what i said. i'm not saying he's a martyr, but i am saying the timing may well be as much the fault of the club as him. we don't know what happened behind closed doors. he might have wanted to leave all month and the owners asked him to hold off. he gave them 28 days of a 31 day window to prove they meant business. they only doubled their bid for suarez once they had the money from chelsea sitting on the table. let's not fool ourselves and think the only person to blame here can be the player. our club has been properly broken by the last pair of cunts. it didn't need patching up here and there, it needed full on surgery to heal the damage done over successive transfer windows. at best by yesterday we were one player in one player out. when chelseas bid hit the table and torres asked them to try and make a deal we were at one player out and none in.

So don't make out Liverpool FC haven't played a part in this, because clearly they have.

Unless you know something otherwise I would say that's pure speculation on your part. You cannot just assume that the new owners are the same as the old ones. If you look at their track record at Boston it says otherwise. Did Torres not so long back say he would honour his contract and might even sign an extension when their was all that speculation about him after the world cup?

I thought you were joking but you're not.

Utter bollocks.

Fine, take what I said out of context...

You know full well my opinion of Rafa but he has to take some blame. The majority falls at the feet of Hicks and Gillett, some at Purslow and Roy but Rafa could and should have done better.

.....and Chelsea can fuck off offering Daniel Sturridge as part of the deal and valuing a player that they bought for free and has done sod all at £10m.

Forgetting the 'English factor'?

Fuck me , I agree with everyone saying bollocks to the Judas let him go and re-build with the 50 million we'll get for him. But from an emotional point of view it's pretty devastating that after all the adulation,songs and man-love heaped on him from our fans,and for the 1st time in 2years things are looking up for LFC,new attacking minded manager,club record transfer in Suarez and owners who seem to know what they are doing - he then goes and shits on us all by wanting to leave.

Of all the greedy self centered players that are around I never had Torres down as one, I thought he was a genuine fella. How wrong can you be. Now he's no better than Shrek.

This coming out with only 3 days left and us having just signed Suarez, it really does smell like this whole thing is designed to make Torres the bad guy and the club look innocent.

Which i hope is not the case, but the timing of it is just so strange...

And if the club was involved in plotting this dont think the transfer request would have been rejected so swiftly...

Let him go, stupid timing if he had said this at the start of the window it would have been ok. No player is bigger than the club and if we can rebuild with the money we may actually be better off.

That's something I don't get. Mascherano's agent made some reference about waiting till the end of the window before the deal with Barca would be done.

Conspiracy theories aside, have had time to be philosophical about all this. What Torres and Chelsea are doing isn't a lot different to how we treated Ajax. Can't be bothered to check, but there's probably a picture somewhere of Suarez kissing his badge etc. Next thing, he's off st the end of the transfer window. That's modern football I guess. Would rather Torres wasn't going, but if the offer is raised to £50m then let him go. If he knuckles down and changes his mind, then we should get behind him, like we did with Gerrard. At the end of the day, the club will get on, with or without him.

And that he's so eager to go to Chelsea is fuckin weird too.

It's not as if he's had the best relationship on the pitch with those cunts, unlike say Gerrard... And it's not as if Chelsea are likely for silverware this season, 10 points behind Utd, with an aging squad that has for sure their best days behind them. And with Barcelona and Real left in the CL...

If he goes there, i reckon it could backfire, like it did for Owen.

If, at the start of the window, someone had offered me Hodgson out, Dalglish in, Torres out, Suarez in, I'd have snapped their hand off. I'm going to be smiling at having Kenny back in charge for a long time yet, and nothing will spoil that.

That said, I think that Torres is being extraordinarily badly advised. Why ruin a fantastic legacy at Liverpool by behaving like this, to get a move to Chelsea of all clubs? Bizarre.

alonso_mascherano_480.jpg

Xabi_Alonso_and_Fer_454996a2.jpg

THANKS TOM AND GEORGE, YOUR LEGACY CARRIES ON.

Touché.

Could be, but lets face it, Purslow couldn't say much more than that it'll all be better under the new owners. The sticking point I think is that the new guys have made it pretty clear that they are not going for a quick fix. They will be taking a slow-burn, measured approach and Torres wants results now.

And there you have it. G&H's purchase (and subsequent financial rape) of this club more or less coincided with Fernando's arrival. We were on the way up, had a strong team and some very good players. We were back in the top of European football and had just been in our second CL final in three seasons. But the rumblings had already begun right after the final in Athens, rumblings that ended in open warfare at the club. We know the rest.

Liverpool FC of today is far away from the club Torres signed for. He's waited three years and more than delivered on the pitch. And now he's on his way out.

Thank you, Moores and Parry.

Conspiracy theories aside, have had time to be philosophical about all this. What Torres and Chelsea are doing isn't a lot different to how we treated Ajax. Can't be bothered to check, but there's probably a picture somewhere of Suarez kissing his badge etc. Next thing, he's off st the end of the transfer window. That's modern football I guess. Would rather Torres wasn't going, but if the offer is raised to £50m then let him go. If he knuckles down and changes his mind, then we should get behind him, like we did with Gerrard. At the end of the day, the club will get on, with or without him.

Abit of a difference.

Suarez as far as i know didnt hand in a transfer request. The deal had been negotiated for the entire friggin window, and he did not ask to leave for PSV Eindhoven...