You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

You may be right, but even so don't come out and say things like "My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals." 9 Jan. You'd keep your head down, keep quiet and wait and see.

These kind of statements indicate, to me, that it's more of a spur of the moment thing. Maybe due to lack of movement in the transfer market.

Either way it doens't excuse the timing.

he ain't gone yet. it could be he's trying to force FSG into a bit of action, it could be a spare of the moment thing and he'll wake up today and think i'd sooner play with suarez than mongo. we've been here before and ther's no doubt whatever he's one he feels he was forced into it.

however, i do agree he shouldn't be saying what he did on jan 9. i hadn't realised he had said that.

Wether we like the cunt or not ferguson is a master at these sort of things, there's no way he was letting heinze join us, and he agreed with Ronaldo in 2008 that if £80m was paid up front by Madrid he could go 12 months later. That's the attitude we need to take, you go on our terms not to an English club and you'll cost £50m

absolutely right, fortunately we have a man in charge that I think would be strong enough to do that

Wether we like the cunt or not ferguson is a master at these sort of things, there's no way he was letting heinze join us, and he agreed with Ronaldo in 2008 that if £80m was paid up front by Madrid he could go 12 months later. That's the attitude we need to take, you go on our terms not to an English club and you'll cost £50m

rich, i reckon the decider in this is what that release clause says. if it's set at 50m like some in the press have suggested, we should be telling chelsea it will cost you 75m today, otherwise come back in the summer. to sell him for below that release clause now would be mental.

he ain't gone yet. it could be he's trying to force FSG into a bit of action, it could be a spare of the moment thing and he'll wake up today and think i'd sooner play with suarez than mongo. we've been here before and ther's no doubt whatever he's one he feels he was forced into it.

however, i do agree he shouldn't be saying what he did on jan 9. i hadn't realised he had said that.

If it was the summer I'd be thinking sell him for as much as possible - get City, Chelsea, Milan, whoever has money all bidding for him.

To sell him now with only one club able to buy, when we haven't got time to replace him and when the bid is too low would be a mistake, I think.

If he stays he needs to make on serious public apology about losing his way, doubting himself for a few moments or something to try and redeem himself a little.

The other thing - with his injury record over the last few seasons - only 20 odd league games...that does make him more replacable.

I was thinking the same, he's a stroppy fella, maybe this time he went a bit far with it? either way he should be wondering what the fuck he pays his advisors for? couldnt they have negotiated a better way out than this?

Just heard that torres has falen out with gerrard and carragher and anoher one of the many reasons tha torres has looked to push this move through, this would explain the celebrations everyone was talking about where gerrard ignored torres and vice versa also if you remember at the star of the season when carra was shouting a torres and he put his finger to his lip telling him to sssh.

the lad hat told me has been bang on so far knew bout the suarez deal and abou torres wanting to leave.

I was thinking the same, he's a stroppy fella, maybe this time he went a bit far with it? either way he should be wondering what the fuck he pays his advisors for? couldnt they have negotiated a better way out than this?

Precisely, they did a really good job getting him out of atletico without any ill will. This has the sense of cobbled together, last minute, tantrum type stuff.

this is what i am thinking do you think hey would have sold ronaldo in january to another english club now way, even the rooney thing.. See fabregas to barcelona all told they have to stay and play.. just thinking tha their fans dont share the same love that we have for our players and torres will never be the same here so i think its best he moves on now....

Anyone care to tell me what was torres best game this season??

I just think the timing of it is too fucking weird.

Can the club have known about this for almost 30 days or longer and Suarez was indeed his replacement ?

I dont want to think that, and i really dont believe that. But the timing, handing in a transfer request with only 3 days left in the window, and having just signed a top class player dont make any fucking sense.

I thought Fernando was a good lad...

If it was the summer I'd be thinking sell him for as much as possible - get City, Chelsea, Milan, whoever has money all bidding for him.

To sell him now with only one club able to buy, when we haven't got time to replace him and when the bid is too low would be a mistake, I think.

If he stays he needs to make on serious public apology about losing his way, doubting himself for a few moments or something to try and redeem himself a little.

The other thing - with his injury record over the last few seasons - only 20 odd league games...that does make him more replacable.

also everyone will know we have 40m to spend and are desperate for a srkier.. suarez is no lone striker

Precisely, they did a really good job getting him out of atletico without any ill will. This has the sense of cobbled together, last minute, tantrum type stuff.

Exactly. It feels like a last minute throw of the dice. I'd bet every penney I have the wheels were put in motion when it looked like the Suarez deal was dead in the water. I think hes thrown his toys out of the pram because it looked like no investment was coming.

It seemed something spurred us to suddenly meet Ajax's valuation so it might just be that.

Just heard that torres has falen out with gerrard and carragher and anoher one of the many reasons tha torres has looked to push this move through, this would explain the celebrations everyone was talking about where gerrard ignored torres and vice versa also if you remember at the star of the season when carra was shouting a torres and he put his finger to his lip telling him to sssh.

the lad hat told me has been bang on so far knew bout the suarez deal and abou torres wanting to leave.

This is the best part of these escapades. The ridiculous myths that get created to fill the vacuums.

Torres is leaving because Gerrard is miserable and Carragher shouted at him. Right!

Was Torres rubbing his thumb and forefinger together while slying trousering a kick-back from an Italian agent and simultaneously planning our descent down the table on the phone with a certain fat spanish guy when he told the lad this?

rich, i reckon the decider in this is what that release clause says. if it's set at 50m like some in the press have suggested, we should be telling chelsea it will cost you 75m today, otherwise come back in the summer. to sell him for below that release clause now would be mental.

Fair point, I believe it's £50m mate

Well I suppose that this is what we will get now but it is sad to see him go. I dont think the Suarez deal will be affected by this.

If he wants out then there is nothing that anyone can do to stop it.

And we can build from this and move on.....I would have liked to see him play along side Suarez though.

He's increasingly injury prone with each passing year, he's got spaghetti hamstrings and dodgy ankles and has Marco van Basten written all over him. He'll be retired by 29\30. Take the money now, he'll do fuck all at Chelsea.

We brought in a proper medical team and he's already played more league games than last year. Don't be so sure.

It takes the gloss off the Suarez deal the skeptics are now saying we only uped our Suarez bid because we knew the Torres money was there in other words the owners weren't willing to spend big that they might not be investing as much as they say.wether this is right or wrong we will probably never know but again it has the fans split some of us are questioning if the owners are genuine some of us are saying Torres is a cunt ect. all this on the back of our biggest transfer since torres himself,thats why the timing is so bad, I personally think the Suarez deal had nothing to do with the Torres deal and the owners will do whatever they need to do to turn us around i think Torres has been tapped up and its him who's in the wrong but regardless of this its back to the in house arguments weve had for the past 18 months i was hoping this was finishing with Kenny back and the club opperating behind the scene's again.

This is the best part of these escapades. The ridiculous myths that get created to fill the vacuums.

Torres is leaving because Gerrard is miserable and Carragher shouted at him. Right!

Was Torres rubbing his thumb and forefinger together while slying trousering a kick-back from an Italian agent and simultaneously planning our descent down the table on the phone with a certain fat spanish guy when he told the lad this?

look all i'm saying is he has wanted to leave for awhile broken promises, getting played when he wasnt fit and gttin injured for WC, now he has fallen out with the two bigges players at the club look back at his celebrations this season and you will see.. time will tell and we will see who was right mate

It takes the gloss off the Suarez deal the skeptics are now saying we only uped our Suarez bid because we knew the Torres money was there in other words the owners weren't willing to spend big that they might not be investing as much as they say.wether this is right or wrong we will probably never know but again it has the fans split some of us are questioning if the owners are genuine some of us are saying Torres is a cunt ect. all this on the back of our biggest transfer since torres himself,thats why the timing is so bad, I personally think the Suarez deal had nothing to do with the Torres deal and the owners will do whatever they need to do to turn us around i think Torres has been tapped up and its him who's in the wrong but regardless of this its back to the in house arguments weve had for the past 18 months i was hoping this was finishing with Kenny back and the club opperating behind the scene's again.

Well whatever the reasoning, there better be money spent in the summer.

It was always said without the 2 cancers syphoning off the money every year there should be at least 20 million coming in for new transfers.

If we sell Torres, that 20 million better be there plus a minimum of 20 on top.

No more fucking penny pinching unless we actually start to build a stadium or Anfield gets redeveloped.

look all i'm saying is he has wanted to leave for awhile broken promises, getting played when he wasnt fit and gttin injured for WC, now he has fallen out with the two bigges players at the club look back at his celebrations this season and you will see.. time will tell and we will see who was right mate

Was just messing. Trying to find a little mirth in this cluster.

I have no doubt theres been some fallings out. I'd hazard a guess and say some major ones over the last 6/7 months. But he should just man up and get over it. At least hang on till the summer and then move instead of fucking us over the way he has right now.

I agree 100% with the last post but we must not fall back into the inhouse fighting and arguing....If Torres wants out then that is fine with me as long as he dosent go to a club that is going to be fighting it out with us for positions in the premiership.

Stop this now and just wait the season out then he can go.

I have no doubt theres been some fallings out. I'd hazard a guess and say some major ones over the last 6/7 months. But he should just man up and get over it. At least hang on till the summer and then move instead of fucking us over the way he has right now.

this is exactly my feelings he gets paid enough to fucking get on with it.. lets say i work with you and we fall out i sill have to work wih you on a professional level and i do my job but we dont have to be best mates.. maybe its because he has fallen out with the two biggest players at he club do we dont know what happens behind the scenes we can only read into what we see on the pitch.. i.e the celebrations after goals