You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Apparently Drogba is not impressed and from the reports Ancelotti is not convinced either.

If this doesn't go through the kid is really going to get his sulk on. Why not go last season - there was no guarantee of a take over, his advisors should at least have been clued up enough to tell him that.

They've had 3 months, it takes time to put a full structure in place.

Is our first choice 11 that far behind Chelsea's with Suarez and a decent wide man?

Any source on that mate so I can laugh at him wanting to join a club where he isn't wanted?

and maybe when he met the owners at the end of last year he said i want to go in january. they asked for a few weeks of the transfer window to show they would bring players in and meant business. as i said before we don't know what happened behind closed door - perhaps he was happy to give us the whole window to replace him and our club in an attempt to keep him asked for some time.

also, we don't know where that escape clause is in the summer. it's possible it could be at 20-30m. if that's the case we're better banking the money now. the only shame is there's only 2 days to start an auction.

Well thats it, nobody knows the whole story. Seen a whole lot of people jumping to a whole lot of conclusions.

Its very possible he got fed up with all the mincing about over Suarez, thought to himself, fuck this and then his advisors went to Chelsea on his behalf. Would explain how we ended up meeting Ajax's valuation of Suarez when it seemed we were determined not to pay over the odds, Henry and Werner may have shit themselves and sanctioned spending the money to placate Torres who had already said "Fuck this, i'm off".

Its just as plausible as half the other theories saying hes been planning this for months on end to screw us in a dastardly plan so that we won't get 4th.

The suspicion is that Torres' agents and the Chavs have planned this so as to get the best deal for Chelsea.

We all should know what players and their agents are like by now but this is the most cuntish aspect of it. Total disrespect from a (former) idol.

That's what I've been saying mate. This has the fingerprints of a perfectly orchestrated "fuck you I'm Fernando Torres and bigger than Liverpool" power play.

He knew he'd leave after January and wanted to make sure his new employers got looked after.

I'm not even distraught because he's been shit for ages but I fully despice the cunt now.

I could believe all that if he hadn't left it untill 2 days before the end of the window, don't try and paint him as some sort of marytyr against his broken promises, we've just signed a partner for 20 million for him the day he has asked to go, in the new owners first window, any demonstration of intent is shown there so he won't be getting fuck all sympathy from me

you need to read what i said. i'm not saying he's a martyr, but i am saying the timing may well be as much the fault of the club as him. we don't know what happened behind closed doors. he might have wanted to leave all month and the owners asked him to hold off. he gave them 28 days of a 31 day window to prove they meant business. they only doubled their bid for suarez once they had the money from chelsea sitting on the table. let's not fool ourselves and think the only person to blame here can be the player. our club has been properly broken by the last pair of cunts. it didn't need patching up here and there, it needed full on surgery to heal the damage done over successive transfer windows. at best by yesterday we were one player in one player out. when chelseas bid hit the table and torres asked them to try and make a deal we were at one player out and none in.

So don't make out Liverpool FC haven't played a part in this, because clearly they have.

Interesting times. Now we will see what FSG really is made of. Torres will lie in the bed he made, an idiotic move on his part. I see only two options from FSG's perspective, either tell Torres he stays and faces the anger of the fans, or they get a massive transfer fee, 65-70m, with a clear promise that it will go back in the team in the summer.

I'm not so upset about the football part, we have very little to play for this season. It is more now a question of image and perception, how we will be seen by other teams and good players both in the team now and outside. A hard task ahead for the owners, but maybe also an opportunity to create something better.

The personal stuff against Torres is just childish, he is a professional football player, not a fan. People get fed up with their employers for a lot of reasons, sometimes justified, sometimes not. Torres is fed up, he chose a poor way of showing it, that's all. As a result he has just lost the love of tens of thousands at matches and hundreds of thousands, millions maybe, watching on TV. That's punishment enough, there, for me.

There's loads of talk going around that Torres's agent has been in talks with Chelsea fro weeks. Chelsea have in effect 'tapped him up' by contacting him and his agentbehind our backs first. They sounded him out weeks ago, to see if he would be up for it and have even offered him terms behind our backs. If they get caught they could be in the shit.

I've heard we are going to report Chelsea to the FA and and stick to our guns and not sell him until the summer

you need to read what i said. i'm not saying he's a martyr, but i am saying the timing may well be as much the fault of the club as him. we don't know what happened behind closed doors. he might have wanted to leave all month and the owners asked him to hold off. he gave them 28 days of a 31 day window to prove they meant business. they only doubled their bid for suarez once they had the money from chelsea sitting on the table. let's not fool ourselves and think the only person to blame here can be the player. our club has been properly broken by the last pair of cunts. it didn't need patching up here and there, it needed full on surgery to heal the damage done over successive transfer windows. at best by yesterday we were one player in one player out. when chelseas bid hit the table and torres asked them to try and make a deal we were at one player out and none in.

So don't make out Liverpool FC haven't played a part in this, because clearly they have.

You may be right, but even so don't come out and say things like "My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals." 9 Jan. You'd keep your head down, keep quiet and wait and see.

These kind of statements indicate, to me, that it's more of a spur of the moment thing. Maybe due to lack of movement in the transfer market.

Either way it doens't excuse the timing.

There's loads of talk going around that Torres's agent has been in talks with Chelsea fro weeks. Chelsea have in effect 'tapped him up' by contacting him and his agentbehind our backs first. They sounded him out weeks ago, to see if he would be up for it and have even offered him terms behind our backs. If they get caught they could be in the shit.

I've heard we are going to report Chelsea to the FA and and stick to our guns and not sell him until the summer

Any links mate?

Edit: Just re-read that and it sounds like word of mouth. Apologies if so.

I fucking hope so... and I hope we sell him to someone else. Sell him to Inter, Bayern, AC, Barca, even fucking Manchester Cunting City.

Not Chelsea. No way.

they have an owner who has illustrated he will pay what it takes though stevie. we only put the money on the table for suarez once this bid was on the table from chelsea. there is no proof that FSG have the desire to try and turn things round in a time frame where torres can expect to be challenging at the top of the league during the period of his contract.

Re-reading this in the current context...

No quick fix at Anfield John W Henry warns Liverpool fans and players | Football | Sport | The First Post

Telegraph: "LFC adamant Torres is not for sale, Dalglish has already told the player and [FSG] that he will not agree to any deal."

His point must have been pretty clear: "You can go in the summer, not now. And we expect you to act professionally in the meantime. End of fucking discussion."

you mean like we did with suarez and adam? i can't believe a transfer happens in football without contact between the buying club and the players agent 1st.

The plan was to feel good about the Suarez signing this weekend. Instead i feel davastated. For ten minutes i was welcoming the awaygame at the bridge.

What a mess. I need alcohol, lots.

At least now we know where the lad stands.

(Bent double cheeks spread for a Russian crook, by the way.)

Wether we like the cunt or not ferguson is a master at these sort of things, there's no way he was letting heinze join us, and he agreed with Ronaldo in 2008 that if £80m was paid up front by Madrid he could go 12 months later. That's the attitude we need to take, you go on our terms not to an English club and you'll cost £50m