You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Guest barralad
i know you, you're the fella burning yer Gerrard shirt on SSN 6 years gao aren't you, In the iillustrious and slightly altered words of ivan drago, "If he goes...he goes..." again i illustrate Liverpool FC > Liverpool Player

Has he put a transfer request in or not?.Dont get fucking smart.

This whole thing fucking stinks , gutted.

50mil then get him out of here asap , what a fucking huge letdown you are Torres i had faith in him i believed he was good un so much for that.

I hope Pepe doesnt cunt us off in the summer now , it wouldnt suprise me yuu just cant trust any player nowadays its all fucking bullshit.

Has he put a transfer request in or not?.Dont get fucking smart.

Change of heart for emotional Gerrard - Telegraph

now i'm not saying he'll change his mind but acting like a crying spastic aint gonna do you any favours, like I said I hope the Suarez party doesn't turn into the Fernando Torres funeral, which is what you seem to be preparing yourself for.l

I hope Pepe doesnt cunt us off in the summer now , it wouldnt suprise me yuu just cant trust any player nowadays its all fucking bullshit.

Yup, was content that so many on here would be once again bitching at him about nothing and go quiet on tuesday, and we could get on with the season, it just seems so out of character for him.

From now on if I like a player I like them for what they do on the pitch, if they love the club, cool, but doubt I'd ever trust one again when it comes to thinking of them staying, etc. A lot of it probably comes down to how little time these players have before it's over, but they do seriously make some fuck ups along the way.

I just hope that when the club does come to sell him, they remember that they are selling a huge commercial asset as well as a player. If I remember right, the Torres shirt was the top selling replica shirt in the entire premiership last year.

That's correct - and by some fair distance I recall.

Just to play Devil's Advocate I can't blame him for wanting to make the most of his career and, let's face it, he's an Atleti man and his relationship with our club is akin to Rooney and United's. Albeit Torres has shown himself to be far more professional than Shrek. But top players (and their agents) are all cut from the same cloth - this is hardly news, and at the time of Rooney "challenging" Fergie I was careful not to gloat because this sort of scenario was always on the cards for us too.

I thank him for the goals and wish him well. All of this "Judas" chatter is out of order, I think.

Guest barralad
Change of heart for emotional Gerrard - Telegraph

now i'm not saying he'll change his mind but acting like a crying spastic aint gonna do you any favours, like I said I hope the Suare party doesn't turn into the Fernando Torres funera, which is what you seem to be preparing yourself for.l

I really dont want to fall out with you mate,or score points,or resort to primary school name calling..(spastic?...for fuck sake !).My point is that we support Liverpool not Fernando Torres.Do you agree? or not?

That's correct - and by some fair distance I recall.

Just to play Devil's Advocate I can't blame him for wanting to make the most of his career and, let's face it, he's an Atleti man and his relationship with our club is akin to Rooney and United's. Albeit Torres has shown himself to be far more professional than Shrek. But top players (and their agents) are all cut from the same cloth - this is hardly news, and at the time of Rooney "challenging" Fergie I was careful not to gloat because this sort of scenario was always on the cards for us too.

I thank him for the goals and wish him well. All of this "Judas" chatter is out of order, I think.

Biggest load of bollocks I've read today and that takes some doing so kudos if that was your plan.

He's an Atleti man? He already ditched them and it's nothing like Rooney and United. Torres at least for Atleti had the decency to move out of the country in search of his next step, had he gone to Barca then that would have been more along the lines.

Rooney and Torres are one and the same after this, they've both spat in the faces of clubs they claimed to "love" and they've both done it mid season looking for the BBD.

You see what you've done Torres? You've placed yourself in the bracket with the biggest twat in the league, well done. How does it feel?

This is going to sound like sour grapes to some but I honestly think it's only downhill for him now. If we're honest his attitude has stunk all season, he's not as fast as he was, his touch has been poor, he hasn't scored as many and injuries have taken their toll. Don't get me wrong he's still an utterly fantastic player but if we can get a premium price for Torres and Suarez bangs in the goals and we get another quality signing, the future could still be very bright.

Plus, it's utterly shameful how half arsed he has been playing if it's been because he wanted to leave. As bad as Hodgson was, he had no chance with players like Torres in the team. Even if he ends up staying I'd stand by that.

Biggest load of bollocks I've read today and that takes some doing so kudos if that was your plan.

Obviously don't read your own posts, you fucking melt.

Ditched Atleti? Bollocks.

They've been a mess just like us for far too long, far too dependent on players like Torres that it becomes almost impossible for the player to remain.

After almost 4 years here he's described as injury prone by many supporters. Go have yourself a check of his injury record before he moved here.

I really dont want to fall out with you mate,or score points,or resort to primary school name calling..(spastic?...for fuck sake !).My point is that we support Liverpool not Fernando Torres.Do you agree? or not?

Totally. fair enough mate, apologies for the crude remark, but if Torres is going then the quicker we look beyond that the the better, if he changes his mind then its in the clubs best interests we support him and hear him out Instead of getting the pitchforks and torches out

Guest barralad
Totally. fair enough mate, apologies for the crude remark, but if Torres is going then the quicker we look beyond that the the better, if he changes his mind then its in the clubs interests to support him and hear him out istead of getting the pitchforks and torches out

No probs mate ,we are all upset about this,but do you not feel a little bit betrayed?.

Perhaps naively,I never imagined he would do this to us.

I understand and accept that players may want to move on. But the timing of this is disgusting, and even worse than Owen's in 2005. He at least gave us a couple of weeks remaining of the summer transfer window.

Take £40m from Chelsea now. Let's not kid ourselves - right now, they are NOT our rivals. Our rivals are Sunderland, maybe Blackburn and Newcastle. That will eventually change under Kenny, but not yet.

Get shot of Torres NOW. And get someone better than nGog by Monday evening - surely the club has one or two names in the frame.

The behaviour of Torres now is exactly on the level of Owen when he left us. We need people who want to play for us. He doesn't. Let him go.

Their is a possibility that Torres told the club early, or even before Jan. I think the lads got more quality. The club have subsequently asked him to hold off on it until they get a replacement in, thus keeping the price down on Suarez, because we weren't left in a position of looking desperate with a load of cash.