You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Here here.

It is very early days for the new owners, but they will no doubt have learned by all this you can't afford for the grass to grow under your feet in football.

All the signs have been there all season with Nando and they only fanned the flames with their inaction.

Still doesn't give him any excuse for dropping the bomb on us 3 days before the end of the transfer window though.

He'll feel at home with that treacherous bunch of twats.

Inaction -

They have recently bought a club for aprox £300 mil.

They appoint a director of football strategy.

They have listened to fans concerns about how things have been dealt with in the past and have made massive strides in repairing the trust between fans and owners e.g meeting with fans, live TV appearance, fan representation scheme etc...

They are activley seeking the RIGHT CEO for the club

They are taking the time to understand 'The liverpool Way' by not making rash decisions

They removed an unpopular and damaging manager

They are prepared to splash out 22.8 mil on a marquee signing in a Jan transfer window.

and all because they didn't (in your opinion) appease one players wishes to spend money a few weeks earlier, that means they are doing a poor job so far!

Inaction... more like considered and well thought out.

We sell Torres to Chelsea, Utd will come for Reina in the summer....

The owners need to show some fucking balls and tell Torres that he won't be leaving under any circumstances this window, there simply is no time to replace him....

And they need to cough up 50-100 mill for transfers in the summer in addition to what we sell..

I agree BTW with those stating we should NOT accept either Less than 40 million at Least AND Anelka - Chelsea are taking the p*ss offering unproven material like Sturridge and anything below 40 million. Basically? If we lose a striker with the ability of Torres? We MUST Have an immediate replacement of a similar level ready - We learned That lesson the hard way with Michael Owen's departure and the money will help reconstruct other areas of the team - Our defence could do with an upgrade and I won't even start on the wings or the middle since the engine room were sold in successive seasons........

Seriously gutted with this news, but as alot of people have stated on here, no player is bigger than the club, i honestly thought Torres would be the last player to treat us how he is. Just goes to show footballers of today are all the same. Money talks! fuck him... get the best price we can for him and move on.

Arl Arse? Here you go then minus the Capitals;

Sorry - Should have read;

I agree BTW with those stating we should Not accept either Less than 40 million at Least And Anelka - Chelsea are taking the p*ss offering unproven material like Sturridge and anything below 40 million. Basically? If we lose a Star striker with the ability of Torres? We Must Have an immediate replacement of a similar level ready - We learned That lesson the hard way with Michael Owen's departure and the money will help reconstruct other areas of the team - Our defence could do with an upgrade and I won't even start on the wings or the middle since the engine room were sold in successive seasons. It's just a hunch but I think If we call Chelsea's bluff and Demand Anelka in exchange? Their nerve will go - Along with their bid for Fernando - They would Not want to give a striker like that up - Least of all to us.......

NB Actually I take that back - I Fully agree with Zico - Fuck that plastic piece of crap Excuse for a club and their wannabe/never will be nomark excuses for players and their pathetic little mouthpieces in the media - Fuck their overmighty, childish excuse for an owner and most of all? Fuck the transfer market, the whole of football and the Way it has evolved to Allow players to behave like spoilt children as Soon as their dinner is spoiled/They don't get what they want and can hold clubs to ransom in this way. Someone, somewhere - Has to take the fight back to the individualists/agents and greedy f*ckers that did this to the game. That someone? Should be us. Torres should (and won't) be going Nowhere this window - Whatever his agent has manipulated him into doing re' the request to go...........

NNB We should take Chelsea And Abramovich to court for 'Tapping Up' 'Nando as this has All the hallmarks of something like what happened with Ashley Cole leaving Arsenal back in 2006 And the Shevchenko debacle - Methinks someone Needs to cut Roman down to size - Again, Why not us? Fuck off Abramovich (Why not give Pacheco a go also - It's about time he started regularly no? This might be his big chance - Just saying)

NNNB: We already Have The most valuable signing of all in the January window............He's sitting in the managers seat. Is The only man still alive to have won us the league title as manager And Most importantly of ALL? He Knows how to win those horrible, niggly, annoying 'little' games against 'small' sides that come for a point (like Fulham on Wednesday) - Games that have tripped up Benitez, Houllier, Evans And Souness ad nauseum in the past since Dalglish himself won us the league Waaaaay back in 1990.

I personally believe That knowledge will be worth Far more in points per season to us than any number of new strikers and winning Those games is more valuable in the long run since as we found out in 2009? Those games win you the league. Ferguson knows all this to - Why do you think he's gone quiet all of a sudden? Dalglish will win us things - Lots of things as manager - And that Will happen, Torres or no Torres - He has a chance to repent, stay and become the new Dalglish with us as the old one directs operations from the dugout Or he can go to that run down masouleum in West London with a likewise team in which case? His career will only go one way - If you see him? Tell him to ask Yossi Benayoun how good it is at Chelsea - His move didn't turn out to well did it?

Either way, Remember - In our Very best days? It was our STYLE of play that was deadly - Whoever the personnel were - Not any one player - How many stars did we go through back then. 'Nando might go or he might not but if he Does? Something tells me he'll regret it for a long time to come not to mention the utter scum who have unsettled him - I doubt they will get what they're expecting either in terms of success with him. It was always our organisation that made us deadly and won all those trophies back in the day - Not any one or two players - It was the system we used around those players and which they had to fit into and? It will be again soon enough................

There - Hardly any capitals - Better now?

Edited by Redshadow

Monkey Plunkett? Benayoun broke his leg soon after signing for Chelsea - Just a thought but With Gerrard AND Carragher in the opposing team IF he's down there by the time we play them? Whose to say a repeat might not happen? And then? Whose wasted money on who? NOT us. Just saying like.............................

I don't think he will leave this transfer window. I'm hoping the owners dig their heels in and reject all offers. The only players that could possibly replace and are in the same calibre as Torres are Alex Pato or Aquero. Your looking at 45m for either of those.

If the sale does get forced through, then I would accept nothing less than 55m plus a player (either sturridge or anelka). Man city will definitely be alerted by this, and it would not surprise me if they come in with a ridiculous bid, If man city come into the frey, im thinking 60m plus adam Johnson could be a goer.

I blame the owners for this. they have ample time to trash it out with players, especially your STAR players that holds the team together.

Make no mistake. Torres is world class. And theres also a possibility that the owners knew about this hence suarez was roped in?

If the owners are truly ambitious, then where the fuck are the bids for the wingers?!!! Yes they may have taken action on the management part but thats not ambition but necessity. Ambition is taking the extra RISK to make sure you have more attacking players to fight for the trophy.

All we have is a suarez. Now that torres leaves. Its like for lesser like.

:wallbutt: