You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to leave the club and the striker feels he has been "verbally intimidated". Full story: Daily Telegraph

Aint got the article but seen the headline. Have not got a clue what verbally intimidated but blimey it sounds but pathetic tbh.

He's a childhood Atletico fan and he ditched them... what kind of loyalty did you expect from him? He was always going to leave when things got tough.

He stayed with Atleti as long as he could. He wanted to win things and left. Him wanting to go isn't the issue, i think most people understand him thinking he can win more elsewhere but to do it in this way is just wrong. Slapping in an official request 5 minutes before the deadline when he can easily move in the summer and save the club a massive head ache is the actions of a twat and say what you will, i never had him down as that sort of person.

I am in pieces, I always thought I knew he was Liverpool through and through. The song we sing him, the banners, the scarfs, the memories. The love that we have showed him. Fernando, how could you?

I think now lads we have to say goodbye, as much as it hurts. If a player from Liverpool football club does not want to play for us then we don't try and throw word of cash at him, the Manchester way. We get the price we deserve, we strengthen the squad and we move on together.

Torres has gave all of us some incredible moments, goals against utd, that cracker against arsenal, that first goal against the chavs, the goosebumps that have passed through my body because of the lad, and trust me he loved us then, none of it was a lie. However looking back to the last few months he has looked unsettled and we have hardly seen the Torres we know and love......unfortunately now LOVED.

We are Liverpool football club and bloody hell we love it, it's our lives right, that feeling when we win, the happiness gets you through the week. We have the history, the fans and 5 more European trophies than bloody chelsea.

We will get over this, it will be hard, but we will build and become great again on the pitch, so tommorow don't wake up feeling like shit just remember we are Liverpool, Liverpool fc and forget about the player that is making a very bad decision, which he will regret when he realises there isn't another English football club like us and there never fucking will be!

You'll never walk alone

Oh and I am very much looking forward to carra being back for the Chelsea match to look after torres.....

He should really be sold before monday, and we spend the weekend sorting out a good striker to partner Suarez, if that deal hasn't been fucked up now. Then try and get him in before the window shuts.

How much will it suck if he clearly wants to leave and is here for four more months? If we can move on quickly maybe it's for the best, the only nightmare is that we could be playing at their ground against him shortly. It's just going to fucking suck seeing him playing against us, but mainly for Chelsea, wearing their kit.....makes me cringe, it's surreal. It's still bad enough seeing Yossi wearing their kit.

A fair shout - at the end of the day he wants out and is no longer a long term player - get shot, bank the money and move on. I would stick a clause in that he couldn't play against us on sunday - like Andy Cole a few years ago when he went to the Mancs.

TBH I cannot blame him for wanting out - but why now? He will end up like Michael Owen, sadly. Chelsea are a small club, going nowhere - under the fair play rules they will be fucked. Our time will be then.

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to leave the club and the striker feels he has been "verbally intimidated". Full story: Daily Telegraph

Aint got the article but seen the headline. Have not got a clue what verbally intimidated but blimey it sounds but pathetic tbh.

Someone probably called him a backstabbing cunt.

Which he is.

Move on. Sell him. But who can we replace him with? In three days?

Who's available? At times over the last few months, I've wondered whether getting Crouch or Keane back would be a short term solution.

Then it just occurred to me: there is another ex-player who we should have kept, and it still upsets me to see in another club's shirt. He'd do a good job for the next 6 to 18 months.

Play the dirty little chav shits at their own game.

Sell him to them for £40 million. And Nicholas Anelka. Or no deal.

And Nico can have his old shirt back.

I remember he wouldn't sign for Everton a few years ago: he said he had too much respect for us. When Mad Ged let him go, in one of his first interviews he said how he wanted to stay with us. Maybe he actually felt more for us than Torres does.

And on current form, I'd back him rather than Torres to score when we play at Stamford Bridge next week.

Kenny's probably told him to stop behaving like a fucking tit and show some respect.

It'll not doubt be rumoured that he was threatened by the same gangsters the threatened Gerrard.

According to Ben Smith on Twitter, Torres's reasoning is that FSG are not the owners that Torres was told to expect. Torres was expecting owners with vast wealth to come in.

If that's true he'll fit in well at Chelsea.

He can fuck off then. Clearly he doesn't and never will understand the ethos of the club.

Prob means like when your first love tells you that she's been cheatin on you with your worst enemy, and is goin to marry him, and you tell her to fuck off..and she feels verbally intimidated..

From RAWK...

Tell ya what,I know we're are all gutted.but fuck me,i feel sorry for all the little kids who idolise him

I remember when the likes of Souness/Rush left,fucking traumatized i was

Poor little bastards

Agreed, lad across the road, wears his full TORRES 9 kit, everyday out in the street with his football. Gutted

So true, it's fucking heartbreaking enough for me, but the little reds will be bawling their eyes out this weekend.

......... unnecessary, FSG have done all the right things so far. The official comment is that he is our player who is contracted and will not be going nowhere.

I disagree mate.

Nando made no secret of his disappointment at not playing Champions League Football etc. He stated that more than anything else, he wanted to win trophies with us. FFS he is arguably the best striker in the world and this level of expectation is only natural! But with H&G running the club into the ground and with managers in charge who were never going to live up to his expectations he became increasingly disillusioned.

Then Kenny came along and offered him some hope. His performance has reflected this. But something that he will have kept a watchful eye on is FSG's commitment to buying top quality players in. January has been their first chance to demonstrate their ambition and prove that they are better that G&H when it comes to putting their hands in their pockets and signing top players, but in reality they have behaved no better that them. While we have being scrapping with Blackpool and Ajax over the transfer fees of players, the chavs have been preparing to sign a defender for £25 million!

Basically Chelsea have showed the colour of their money and have shown some ambition.FSG have stood still and we have consequently had the rug pulled from under us.

You get the impression that they have drummed up the money for Suarez out of necessity now that Nando wants out. I'm sure that Torres was looking for assusrances that FSG would be at least competing for the best players. Sadly J.Henry and Co have done antyhing but this in their early days and the new owners and Comolli will come out of this looking really bad IMO.