You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

He should be going nowhere til the summer. If Chelsea want him then they can pay a damn site more that £40 million for him. What good is £40 million to us with only 3 days left in the transfer market. Then again I'm sure FSG will find the money useful when it comes to getting in a new pitcher for The Red Sox before March.

When Rooney threw his transfer request in a few weeks ago I stated that a working man has the right to change his place of work if he so desires.

rooney was only linked with city because the media assumed he wouldnt go abroad and city was his only option.

rooney could have gone abroad,and although the m,ancs would have hated him at least he was abroad.

whole different scenario with torres,hes instigated this move.

I can't believe that at 42 years of age I still believe in the inherent 'good' of Liverpool footballers. I truly believed he would stay and fight for us and the club.

I cannot believe I am so naive still. Ridiculous. I've wished time and again I could lose football from my life, this is yet another nail in the coffin.

Milan, Inter, Barca, even Juve or Real i could stomach, but them cunts? Incredible.

Stick him in the stiffs and wait till the summer.

I got a text something similar like that about an hr ago.This is the modern day footballer,id love to say fuck him,make him sit his contract out,but what use to the club would that be?Doesnt take much to put him in a hissy fit.Id ask for 60m and rebuild our squad in the summer.

Hope they enjoy him for his 25 games a season.

This is looking a lot like the Stevie G Chelsea thing, and we all know how that turned out.

Keep the faith Fernando is a spot on guy and wouldn't fuck us over, let's stop calling him for all sorts and show a little decorum...

I'm going to put my neck out and say he's not going anywhere and a lot of what has been reported is sensationalised media nonsense.

Exactly right, I believe. Nonsense whipped up by Turdslow and the Yanks I believe.

Personally I don't think it's the end of the world.

Torres's head hasn't been right all season,if he wants to go,let him.

Torres as exercised his right to hand in a transfer request,Liverpool have as much right to exercise their right to get as big a fee as possible.

If there is a clause they shouldn't accept a penny less than that.

Personally i wouldn't mind if we could get Benzema in to replace him and have £20m change to strengthen other parts of the team.

a surprisingly measured response, my chair-breaking chum. The club hold all the aces here. Presumably we don't need to sell him to fund any new acquisitions. Let's hang on to him until we have adequate replacements.

It's worse in my opinion. Owen left with a year left on his contract to go to a different country, yes for a pittance, but still to a different country.. he wanted to come back to Liverpool but we didn't bid the crazy money Newcastle did.. then when he was leaving them and wanted to come back AGAIN for free we still didn't go for him.. His agent found the Scum would offer him a chance.

I resent Owen for going there of all places yes, however Torres handing in a transfer request when with 3 days to go after saying you were going nowhere only 2 weeks ago, to go DIRECTLY to a rival we've had numerous run ins with in the last 7-8 years.. Yeah Owen was a little shit, Torres being biggest cunt of all time.

We didnt bid the crazy money Newcastle did ... buthe had a choice as to where he wanted to go. he was more concerned about England.

As for signing him when he was a free...he was desperate...

We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes. I'm fairly sure this won't have come as a bolt out of the blue for the club.

Timing's not great though, and it smacks of desperation to hand in a written request three days before the window closes. Chelsea, of course, are absolutely desperate. All their hopes of recovery this season are now on the shoulders of Torres. They may well lash out another 15 or more million on the deal tomorrow to ensure it goes through.

According to Jason Burt in the telegraph, Torres' advisers only met with Chelsea representatives 5 days ago, and encouraged them to put a bid in, which is why Chelsea's bid was so late on in the transfer window.

I agree, the timing is awful, that's what makes this much worse. If he'd handed in a transfer request in the summer then people would've been a bit miffed but we'd understand, there isn't much reason to hand in a transfer request this time round though.

Gutted it has come to this.

Nothing in my eyes will eclipse Robbie Fowler being sold in 2001, if he wants to leave then, well, fuck him.

Get the money, strengthen the squad, and off we go again.

Thanks for the memories Fernando; most of the time you were unplayable, but in recent times it was obvious you were looking for the door marked 'exit'.

I feel really sorry for the fans who have 'Torres' bed spreads and all the merch.... all crying into the Torres pillows.

the more I think about it, fuck him. luis suarez no 9!

Lets look at another way, at least we will sign daniel sturridge in the deal. enough reality there to last a lifetime!

Stupid girlie looking cunt.

Ha ha, a touch of gallows humour. I like it. Thanks for a brief smile in all this shit mate.

On another note, if he does sign for the chavs there's a good chance his debut will be against us at their shithole gaff. I'd take another 3 game suspension for Stevie if he snapped him.

He should be going nowhere til the summer. If Chelsea want him then they can pay a damn site more that £40 million for him. What good is £40 million to us with only 3 days left in the transfer market. Then again I'm sure FSG will find the money useful when it comes to getting in a new pitcher for The Red Sox before March.

......... unnecessary, FSG have done all the right things so far. The official comment is that he is our player who is contracted and will not be going nowhere.

This is looking a lot like the Stevie G Chelsea thing, and we all know how that turned out.

Keep the faith Fernando is a spot on guy and wouldn't fuck us over, let's stop calling him for all sorts and show a little decorum...

I'm going to put my neck out and say he's not going anywhere and a lot of what has been reported is sensationalised media nonsense.

He wouldn't fuck us over?

He handed a transfer request this evening.

The guy has handed in a transfer request with 3 days left in a transfer window in the middle of the season. It's not media nonsense, and he has tried to fuck us over. It's unquestionable.

Mate he has put a transfer request in ,the club have confirmed it its crystal clear he has fucked us over,could of waited till the summer no class