You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I see the usual 'ITK' suspects on Twatter are claiming that this is all because we failed to sell to Kenny Huang in the summer. Hilarious really - it's like those people who still believe in flat earth theories.

For the last time. Kenny Huang had no money, has no money, has no dealings with the Chinese Investment Corporation, is seen as a joke in mainland China, and was using us purely as a PR stunt. Is that really so difficult to absorb?

It's so sad that people are so obsessed about their reputation and 'proving themselves right' over their calls and misinformation in the summer that they'll resort to any desperate statements.

Guest davelfc
Jesus, some fucking cringeworthy stuff coming out over this.

I agree, read this bollocks

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfill my deals."

"Now I feel Liverpool is my English club, the way Atletico is my Spanish club. I would not like to play for another English or Spanish club. This feeling is very important to me."

This is all starting to sound like a particularly messy break up. You get those who would just shrug their shoulders and get over it, and those who forego any remaining shred of dignity by tearfully hanging onto their ankles begging them to stay (see above). Meh, let him go if that's what he wants.

I agree, read this bollocks

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfill my deals."

"Now I feel Liverpool is my English club, the way Atletico is my Spanish club. I would not like to play for another English or Spanish club. This feeling is very important to me."

Something has turned his head, it has to have! you don't go from saying something and feeling something like that, to 2 weeks later handing in a transfer request, i think the quotes came from goal.com but still, they are quotes attributed to him and i can only think something drastic has happened in this period to change his mind

This just sums up the modern day footballer, just mecenary twats who have no thoughts for anyone but themselves. Slowly but surely I'm losing my love for the game. The game changed a long time ago when the money became the overriding priority. Personally I don't care what he does, no one is bigger than the club and it will be here long after he's gone.

The more i think about it, the rumour that Torres wanted to quit last summer was indeed true but decided to stay (for the last time) to see if "BIG" improvement in investment/performance will happen. But i utterly disappointed that he should have at least wait until end of this season and not 3 days before end of Jan transfer.

A bit premature maybe and can probably be improved, but we'll need something:

Dirty money turned his head, Torres Torres

He chose to play for scum instead, Torres Torres

They'll never love him like we did

Farewell 'el nino', fuck off 'the kid'

Fernando Torres, hung Liverpool out to dry

The more i think about it, the rumour that Torres wanted to quit last summer was indeed true but decided to stay (for the last time) to see if "BIG" improvement in investment/performance will happen. But i utterly disappointed that he should have at least wait until end of this season and not 3 days before end of Jan transfer.

or he got injured at the wrong time

Good riddance. The penny will drop for Torres one day about what he has given up at Anfield. It will probably be on a Saturday afternoon when the Chelsea fans boo their team coming off the pitch at half time, or on a European night when he looks around and sees their johnny come lately fans waving their complimentary plastic flags. Fuck him.

Lets spend the money and bring in quality players that want to play for LFC. We will emerge stronger from this long term.

PS - anyone else who doesn't want to be here can fuck off as well.

• Upvote 1