You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I disagree mate.

Nando made no secret of his disappointment at not playing Champions League Football etc. He stated that more than anything else, he wanted to win trophies with us. FFS he is arguably the best striker in the world and this level of expectation is only natural! But with H&G running the club into the ground and with managers in charge who were never going to live up to his expectations he became increasingly disillusioned.

Then Kenny came along and offered him some hope. His performance has reflected this. But something that he will have kept a watchful eye on is FSG's commitment to buying top quality players in. January has been their first chance to demonstrate their ambition and prove that they are better that G&H when it comes to putting their hands in their pockets and signing top players, but in reality they have behaved no better that them. While we have being scrapping with Blackpool and Ajax over the transfer fees of players, the chavs have been preparing to sign a defender for £25 million!

Basically Chelsea have showed the colour of their money and have shown some ambition.FSG have stood still and we have consequently had the rug pulled from under us.

You get the impression that they have drummed up the money for Suarez out of necessity now that Nando wants out. I'm sure that Torres was looking for assusrances that FSG would be at least competing for the best players. Sadly J.Henry and Co have done antyhing but this in their early days and the new owners and Comolli will come out of this looking really bad IMO.

Have to agree to disagree. I think FSG have done really well since being here. i'd take FSG over Abramovic anyday of the week. City have showed plenty of £££ and ambition but without the right people in place in means nothing. Roman is chasing the dragon. They'll be fucked in a few years.

Nando isn't the be all and end all. If he goes, so be it. Lets move onwards and upwards

can't wait till his first goal for chelsea. He'll realise that he's signed for a club that has no soul and no passion. Hopefully he'll spend the next the four years getting injured, slower and an more and more frustrated. More than any other player in the last twenty years i took torres to my heart and despite the rumours i always trusted him. now when i think of him all i can think of is Rob Beasley smirking. As Dave U would say it takes a special kind of cunt who wants to play with cunts like Drogba and terry..........

Realred on twitter said his daughter asked before going to bed 'have we lost him yet?' I feel for the kids too. My nephew will be proper gutted. He's got a poster of the shithouse in his room that's twice his size and a too small kit he still insists on wearing every day with his name on the back. At least his precious 'Stevie G' is too old for a move now. *fingers crossed*

Honestly, anyone who thinks FSG upped the bid for Suarez cause Torres threw his toys out of the pram is mad. And the good thing about this? As much as I hate to sound bitter, of the top clubs he could have gone to chelsea are 4th on my list of worries. Yeah, they might win the CL in the way we might have won it 2005 but I can't see them winning the league again now before Torres retires.

Why would he want to go to Chelsea?

Just...why?

I mean...fuck me, they aint winning the Prem this year even, you'd think he'd go United or City. Could always happen too, maybe the Chelsea bid has jarred a couple of other clubs into talking to him secretly.

Is he mates with David Silva?

Either way, we have to sell now. We've got a gangrenous limb and it's not going to heal, it needs chopping off right now.

Take the £40m and go balls out for Forlan, Turan and Adams with £25m of that money.

Fucking trust no-one.

How long before Pepe does the same now?

From RAWK...

Tell ya what,I know we're are all gutted.but fuck me,i feel sorry for all the little kids who idolise him

I remember when the likes of Souness/Rush left,fucking traumatized i was

Poor little bastards

Agreed, lad across the road, wears his full TORRES 9 kit, everyday out in the street with his football. Gutted

So true, it's fucking heartbreaking enough for me, but the little reds will be bawling their eyes out this weekend.

How did you manage to find that - they're locking all of the threads.

Huge story like this and they're stopping any discussion of it. Mindblowing.

Listen, I saw Keegan leave, and we had about three years of Barnes going too. And don't even start about Gerrard.

We're the Club, not the players. They (apart from a very small number) aren't the Club, we are.

If he goes, he goes. We carry on.

Don't abuse him, don't idolise him, he had a choice to be a legend, if he leaves he decided not to be.

We're still here, rely on ourselves because at the end of the day as we have always said forget who owns us and who plays for us because we are the only constant in all of this.

True. I remember Rushy leaving and I was absolutely fucking gutted. Funny how it's taken nearly 24 years for me to feel the same pain.

Either way, we recovered then and we'll recover again.

Disappointed in the way in which he has left, more than the fact he wants to leave because he's kicked us in the bollocks. Then again it is 2011 and it is the modern football era. Bunch of disloyal, lying charlatans the lot of them.

Listen, I saw Keegan leave, and we had about three years of Barnes going too. And don't even start about Gerrard.

We're the Club, not the players. They (apart from a very small number) aren't the Club, we are.

Don't abuse him, don't idolise him, he had a choice to be a legend, if he leaves he decided not to be.

We're still here, rely on ourselves because at the end of the day as we have always said forget who owns us and who plays for us because we are the only constant in all of this.

The end.

One thing i am proud of is the clubs response. it was stern and to the point but it also has felt Torres very isolated and lonely now. A case of this is all down to you Torres, your responsibility, your doing, you have let the fans down all by yourself. No loving at all. At the moment all reports seem to suggest that Torres seems to think we are Torres FC. So what if we didnt get billionaire owners!! He had broken promises??!?! Am sorry but what about the broken promised we had to deal with as well under the owners...we suffered to.

Well said

Honestly, anyone who thinks FSG upped the bid for Suarez cause Torres threw his toys out of the pram is mad.

Indeed. It's pretty obvious that we've been constantly haggling with them, hence them not slamming the door shut after our initial offer (which clearly included Babel, regardless of the Ajax line). If we were insulting them so badly they'd have called the deal off and reported us to FIFA.