You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Anyone know if @coops_lfc on twitter is our very own TLW coops?

I believe it is.

Is this what your thinking of?

@coops_lfc:

Just seen Torres outside Melwood, he says he is committed to the club...That's all he said. he signed an autograph and shook my hand. #LFC

Pretty inconclusive...

So far, FSG have done the square root of fuck all for us in terms of making us the 'winners' they bang on about.

Winners fuck the prom queen, and winners shove £40m on the table and have a play with themselves while you decide how ethical it all is.

Greed is good. Greed inspires players, greed is why Nando came in the first place, why Masch came, and Johnson, and Pepe, and Meireles, the belief that their lives were going to get better, more lucrative and more successful by moving clubs.

We promised a lot to these players to get them here, and there's a lot of disappointed faces now.

So far, FSG have done the square root of fuck all for us in terms of making us the 'winners' they bang on about.

Winners fuck the prom queen, and winners shove £40m on the table and have a play with themselves while you decide how ethical it all is.

Greed is good. Greed inspires players, greed is why Nando came in the first place, why Masch came, and Johnson, and Pepe, and Meireles, the belief that their lives were going to get better, more lucrative and more successful by moving clubs.

We promised a lot to these players to get them here, and there's a lot of disappointed faces now.

That's the first time you've posted anything I even remotely agree with.

I believe it is.

Is this what your thinking of?

@coops_lfc:

Just seen Torres outside Melwood, he says he is committed to the club...That's all he said. he signed an autograph and shook my hand. #LFC

Pretty inconclusive...

He's offski.

Just like we all said would happen is FSG didn't act sooner by stalling on sacking Hodgson.

Still, we can afford Charlie Adam and Charles NZogbia now. Oooh, let the fucking good times roll :wow:

I could not blame Torres if he left us.

He came here with the intention of winning titles, he went to a club that was in their second CL final in two years time.

Since coming here he's won fuck all, and we've just gone downhill apart from one good season in the PL, i could not blame him at all for being pretty fed up with what has happened. However the timing is just utterly wrong right now.

And i think he realise that too. So if he left now, it would be hugely disappointing.

i dont think he will though, but the coming summer is a different story, unless the new owners show some real fuckin intent pronto.

I just can't blame him if he's pissed off to the point of wanting to go. Things have changed so much since FSG came in, now we've also got Kenny in and it seemed that things were seriously on the up, but it's now the 28th of Jan and all that's happened is that Babel has left and Eccleston has gone out on loan. I still think we'll make one or two signings, but the way we've gone about things so far hasn't been good.

Would be very good if we managed to tie up the Suarez deal tonight. The owners need to show Torres that they intend to strenghten the team, he's had many broken promises since he joined us. If he or his agent has indeed encouraged the chelsea-bid, it might be as much about trying to get a reaction from the club in the transfer-marked, as keeping his options open.

Do me a favour!

Torres is a lot of things in this story, but the VICTIM he is not.

If he wants to go somewhere else, fine.

If he does not think we are ambitious enough, fine.

BUT, he has nothing to do with the running of the club. He is getting paid a king's ransom to play for this club. So, either shut up and play or leave. Players are players, they have no job telling those running the club how to run it. If they want to run a club, they should fucking buy one.

If we do sell Torres for £50m and spent £35m of that on Suarez then I don't think it is by any means a disaster.

Disaster would be losing Reina. That would hurt me much more.

Unfortunately, football isn't about hurt feelings. A fully fit Torres in full flight is far more integral to the team than Reina, and I think Reina is a legend in the making, but Torres' contribution is potentially far more devastating to the opposition.

I find the naivety of some of our fans quite endearing, to be honest.

That's quite hilarious coming from you.

The same guy who claims FSG are right not to pay the asking price for players and wait for value, which is exactly the same thing the Glazers say, that there's no value in the transfer market.

Surely we wouldn't sell him with only a couple of days left in the transfer window. We aren't going to be able to replace him in time. After some of his performances, he owes us, and should stay until summer at least. Yes we have been crap, but he is part of the team, and it is down to him as well.

If we do sell Torres for £50m and spent £35m of that on Suarez then I don't think it is by any means a disaster.

To be honest, neither do I, but it won't be very good either. We need at least two quality strikers. We'll be back to square one with 1 quality striker (no disrespect to N'Gog, but I don't think he's good enough yet.) and if he's injured we're in massive trouble. Worst still, the striker we'll have will have never played once in the PL.

Oh and 35mil? No way. After the way they've fucked us around they do not deserve 35mil at all. 25, fine, but fuck 35.

There are plenty of instances of offers coming in for players of which the players knows fuck all. I'm sure I read in Kennys book of times when he has had to call players into his office to tell them we have received an offer for you and think it would be a good move. Off you go. Aldo to Sociedad may be one, not 100% sure though.

Guest the boy

The same guy who claims FSG are right not to pay the asking price for players and wait for value, which is exactly the same thing the Glazers say, that there's no value in the transfer market.

That's exactly what FSG should do, given our resources.

If Torres' interest in Chelsea is very real then he can get fucked and go play for the small time no history fickle booboy-fan cunts then. Cough up the £50m Chelsea and have him.

If that £50m (and then some, seeing as it's looking like we'll manage to come out of this window in profit) isn't invested in world class players in double quick time then FSG can get fucked as well. I'm sick of this club and the piss poor way we keep getting fucked over by either our owners, Ajax, Chelsea, our own fucking manager, our own players and even the likes of Ian fucking Holloway. I'm sick of the fucking dramatics every few weeks. This was supposed to be yet another new dawn for us and here we are yet again being fucked up the arse. Sickening.

Fuck me , the drama of it all.

Go and have a lye down Lurtz