You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Segura

PaulMcC

Brilliant to hear what his ideology is.

Main point you get from that is Segura asking for patience and the philosophy from the youth set up to ressies to first team is continuous. His record speaks for itself, so who knows what he can do if he has the freedom to implement his ideas on the academy.

Very impressive chap.

The idea is a simple one... it's surprising that only one club seems to do it.

Well, them and Ajax i suppose.

What we see at Barca now though, is actually ridiculous.

Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Krkic, Messi and Pedro all schooled in their academy, plus the likes of Fabregas, Reina, Arteta and a whole shitload of others playing for other clubs in La liga.

I loved that bit when he was talking about the 12 year-olds already doing what the 16 years-olds are doing. and how potentially exciting it will be when those 12 year-olds get to 16, that's when things will really start to take off. Hopefully.

He was brought on in a fairly short term deal i thought? Hopefully he's kept on for a few years at least.

• 1 year later...

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes

Three Merseyside things. 1. Mirallas is on the verge of joining #EFC. 2. #LFC no longer interested in Dempsey. 3. Pep Segura has quit #LFC

@BumperGraham He was expecting a promotion that didn't come.

Hide conversation

Retweet

Favorite

I think he was promised a lot of things

Three Merseyside things. 1. Mirallas is on the verge of joining #EFC. 2. #LFC no longer interested in Dempsey. 3. Pep Segura has quit #LFC

@BumperGraham He was expecting a promotion that didn't come.

Hide conversation

Retweet

Favorite

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sometimes things like this happen when a change of manager and backroom staff happens. The owners obviously changed course, so he didn't get promoted. Next.

FSG/Ayre axis strike again - come back bobo the clown, these guys are actually making you look like a professional

invest all that time and effort in scouting and purchasing young players from all around the world and getting them play a certain way then they ignore the guy at the centre

Mike Marsh gets a promotion for I'm not sure what and a key man in the development of our kids is paid no heed to whatsoever

yes, another masterstroke from fsg/ayre

as for rodgers, i won't say anything as i simply don't know if he had anything to do with this

Sometimes things like this happen when a change of manager and backroom staff happens. The owners obviously changed course, so he didn't get promoted. Next.

Have they ever done anything wrong? You seem to be constantly defending them no matter how amateur they seem.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have they ever done anything wrong? You seem to be constantly defending them no matter how amateur they seem.

I don't particularly give a cock about them. I just hate illogical, agenda driven nonsense. The first thing people seem to do is have a crack at the owners without thinking anything through. Our fanbase has become a bunch of unthinking drones, all nattering the same thing to one another. That's in general, not aimed at you (defending myself against the 'constantly defending' accusation).

I'll wait to see what has actually happened before going off on a wobbly.