You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Comolli and FSG Failed there first major test

Red Nick

The kid's been totally overhyped, the price inflated way beyond reasonable terms by the media and while Arsenal are looking at spending £10,000,000 on a player who's done well at league 1 we are apparently looking at young wingers that are starting to arrive on the championship scene (Park). It appears that we are working hard to get the best young players at good value. Doesn't mean we should be allowing ourselves to be taken to the cleaners.

It's surreal that this kid would cost more than a proven premiership winger such as Downing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RN is so right. Who needs to see a player play? Its obvious we were after AOC, judging by the sheer endless amount of quotes by Kenny and Comolli regarding him. This is a totally sane and straightforward argument, thus in line with basically any argument made by Red Nick on this board.

RN is so right. Who needs to see a player play? Its obvious we were after AOC, judging by the sheer endless amount of quotes by Kenny and Comolli regarding him. This is a totally sane and straightforward argument, thus in line with basically any argument made by Red Nick on this board.

Where are the quotes on him, I wouldnt mind having a read of their opinion on the player.

threads like this always make me laugh, how many people have seen this lad play? And by watching him play I don't mean youtube clips! Just because we've all played on champ manager doesn't mean we all know who 'the next big thing' is going to be, how do we know that having seen him play kenny said it's too much money?

if this kid is truly the "next theo walcott" then i'm fucking glad we've gone nowhere near him.

nick you don't half talk out of your ass sometimes. there are way too many factors that determine where a kid signs or not. so let's wait until the reasons are out there.

and if the kid comes back and says its because he wants to go to the club that will develop him the best, well guess what? that's arsenal at the moment.

liverpool football club have proven very little over the last 10 years or so about developing young players and bringing them through. which is one of the reasons everton gets the majority of local kids.

once we see pacheco and suso and kelly and shelvey etc come through and stay in the squad/club then the youth program will get better and better. we are on our way though.

This is very true. Let's be realistic Arsenal are 2nd in the table, they play CL footie, Wenger says if a player is ready then he's old enough and has played 16 year olds and 17 year olds in the first team. They've has two 21 yr old captains in recent memory. If you are a young player who would you choose? It's no reflection on the job anyone at LFC did - just reality.

Spot on

How are Southampton producing these talented kids (Bale, Walcott, Chamberlain) when our state of the art academy isn't bringing anyone through? Maybe we should steal their youth scouts.

They have one of the best academies lol...

Their system is set up to produce young talents.

Surely that is the complete opposite of their stated goals.

We wont be relegated and we wont finish in the top 4 so surely its best to look to the future.

More importantly when the best young talent becomes available you have to be in the market for it which means taking a long term view on your investment.

Buy either the best or potentially the best, Adam and Suarez dont fit into that catefory

and niether does Alex Chamberlain yet. As redknight said, Walcott's hardly torn up any trees since being hailed as a wonderkid. I suspect this kid will be the same. But hey lets just wildly spunk 10's of millions on gamble's shall we.

Surely that is the complete opposite of their stated goals.

We wont be relegated and we wont finish in the top 4 so surely its best to look to the future.

More importantly when the best young talent becomes available you have to be in the market for it which means taking a long term view on your investment.

Buy either the best or potentially the best, Adam and Suarez dont fit into that catefory

Were 9 points off 4th, now I'm not saying were going to finish there but let's not throw the hat in while there's 40 odd points left

What have Arsenal won in the last 6 years ? and how many "next big things" have they signed during this time ?just because Arsene signs this kid doesnt meen to say he will be the new Messi or whoever Arsene Wenger has made some pretty bad signings when it comes to young players (ok hes made some great ones too dont get me wrong),IF we have missed out on him who's to say we didnt miss out by choice? Maybe we didnt see enough in him to risk £10m (look at Babel he was described as a wonderkid when we bought him) only time will tell but i dont think its a failure by the owners/Comoli.

Don't want this Chamberlain anyway, anything over £1m is a piss-take, he's not Messi.

He's not even Bojan.

And we can't keep a straight face and offer £4m for Adam but offer £10m for a no-mark teenager with a handful of first team appearances under his belt.

Let Arsenal have him, the perennial weigh-off between quick, hairless children and goalkeepers/defenders is the gift that keeps on giving.

Guest San Don
How is it clear? How do you know we think he is a good player but won't push the boat out?

Starting a thread moaning about us not signing a player, who, in your own words, haven't got a clue about, is laughable at best.

Got to agree with this.

The subject of this thread is like saying driving a formula one car is fucking ace but I've never done it so I dont really know!