You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney

Section_31

Fella in work (56 yrs old) and knows his footie is a manc fan and he actually despises Rooney. He says he can't wait for them to sell him as he is all that is bad about football .

Has he only said that since about, erm, last October?

Generally speaking they worshipped him prior to that.

I actually used to feel a bit sorry for them, having to worship a scouser.

What was bad about that game also, was the the way Brum just rolled over and died. The defenders were just standing off the Utd players and giving them yards to run in to. In fact Brum didn't even bother fom the off. It really pisses me off thet teams go to OT and just think that it is a lost cause. FFS, at least have a go!

Section_31

Re: Rooney

I find these Rooney threads often descend into people saying how he's a great player and how we shouldn't be trying to pretend otherwise etc, when in actual fact nobody has said anything of the kind. What people are saying is that he's a striker who doesn't score as many goals as he should and is a petulant cunt, but has always been given a bye for both of these facts. He hacks someone down and spits in the ref's face, it's because he wears his 'heart on his sleeve', he doesn't score for months but it doesn't matter because he gives you 'so much more'.

The simple fact of the matter is that he's not improved as a player since he was a teenager, but nobody seemingly dare say it - nor mention the fact he held his own club to ransom for a quarter mil a week

Yes, it was the same when Shearer kicked players in the face and got away with it, Englands great hope can do what he wants.

What was bad about that game also, was the the way Brum just rolled over and died. The defenders were just standing off the Utd players and giving them yards to run in to. In fact Brum didn't even bother fom the off. It really pisses me off thet teams go to OT and just think that it is a lost cause. FFS, at least have a go!

Mcleish said before the game United can go the whole season unbeaten. What fucking type of spirit is that for the players. Scottish wankathon for Sir Vermin, probably asking what team to play aswell over a can of special brew and feet wanking under their kilts.

Holloway reckins they could beat them on Wednesday, and why the fuck not? At least believe it.

When Torres moans or looks despairingly at a ref he's being petulant and petty.

When this fat fucking mess spits vitriol calling them everything under the sun he's being passionate and, you know, if you take the passion out of Wayne you take away his essence.

The double standards are laughable, infuriating and depressing all at once.

This is the thing i hate most about Rooney and the way the tv/media love him no matter what.

For a player to be in the Utd team and the chances they create his goal return has been shit. He's gone through spells where he gets no goals for quite a while (the same with England) but i remember the likes of Andy Cole who would go a few games without a goal and the fans and everyone else was on his back yet his goal ratio is near the same as Rooney's when playing for the Mancs.