You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking news on Sky Sports is Blackpool reject Liverpools £4million bid for Charlie.

WoOGii

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He most certainly is not.

I suppose I phrased it badly. Lucas is the superior footballer, but the point, I suppose is that Darren Fletcher is a good player for his club and for his country. That's the same thinking that applies to Charlie Adam. I reckon Kenny can get good games out of Adam. I'd certainly rather see Adam sitting deep for us than Poulson. People say that's not enough to bring him to the club, that's well and fine in the abstract--but let's be practical. I want to see our team perform well sooner, rather than later. And if Adam, or any player for that matter, comes to Liverpool, does his best and outlives his usefulness? He becomes a squad player or he moves on. If we've managed to turn profit on players like Voronin, etc. over the years, I don't understand why we don't think we could do the same with Adam.

Personally, I think Adam's a good player. He's got a quality range of passing, is comfortable on on the ball and great delivery from set pieces. Plus, at 24, he's probably just maturing rather than being a one-season wonder. He's definitely a good enough player to pay £5m for. However, where does in fit if we play 4-5-1 in light of the following covering 3 of those central positions:

Gerrard

Lucas

Mereiles

Shelvey

Cole

Spearing

Poulsen

Pacheco

It's not that I don't like him, I just am not sure where he'd fit in. We need a frigging left winger who can beat players and create something from nothing. Another CM? I'm not sure I see the point...

Holloway has got a point though. If Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at Southampton is worth anywhere between £5 and £10m, how much is Charlie Adam worth?

hes worth less to blackpool with every single passing day.

he wants out.

hes in dispute with the club over £20k.

which is obviously a matter of principle rather than cash.

if we get him itll be for about 7 million i reckon.

chamberlain is a total different kettle of fish.

Guest San Don
hes worth less to blackpool with every single passing day.

he wants out.

hes in dispute with the club over £20k.

which is obviously a matter of principle rather than cash.

if we get him itll be for about 7 million i reckon.

chamberlain is a total different kettle of fish.

He's not in dispute over 20k. That was settled by a PL board and blackpool have coughed up.

He has 18 months left on a contract but blackpool dont need to sell for money. They have more money than they know what to do with.

He's not in dispute over 20k. That was settled by a PL board and blackpool have coughed up.

He has 18 months left on a contract but blackpool dont need to sell for money. They have more money than they know what to do with.

Should use some of it to install undersoil heating...

Ian Holloway is right if he is good enough to play for Liverpool then they should pay his true value and if LFC think that at 24 he is only worth 4m then we shouldnt be buying him.

Lets face it they wlll struggle to stay up without him, apparently he had a shocker today and Blackpool lost.

Guest San Don
Should use some of it to install undersoil heating...

LOL! Yes they should and will do now apparently at the end of the season whether they stay up or not. Oyston thought he could get away with it but the coldest december in 100 years scuppered his plan.

Charlie Adam is never worth over £5m. May as well just forget about him, fuck Blackpool, we will not be held to ransom again, those days are over.

Rubbish.

This season he has been BFCs best player by a mile and they have beaten us twice and won several other away games - cos he can play in an attacking way - something LFC has struggled to do this season (prior to today). Fact.

5m is not a lot by todays standards and if we can get a midfield player with proven attacking talent for that then we go for it - I think so anyway.

Ransom? - what are you on about? - this reminds me of the time we tried to buy the likes of Simao and Alves and lost out cos we were stubborn for the sake of a million or two. I want LFC in 2011 to not be like that and to get the talent in even paying a little bit over the odds if necessary - I just hope someone comes in during this window and I am quietly confident they will - in fact I think there is a good chance Charlie Adam will become a Liverpool player in the next few days - and if he does I'll be delighted.

PS Even more than Adam tho I want another striker.

Its a buyers market Holloway has just tried to push up the price of his teams star man

He knows he will have to sell him but its about how much he can get for him

At the moment the highest bid was £4.5m which we made the player will treble his wages at least so he will want the move

He has only 18m left on his deal mans he would be able to do a pre contract deal this time next season so they know this is the best window to get the highest price for him as in the summer he will just sit and do the bosman in Jan

I believe liverpool will sign him but its all about the structure of the payments how much of the fee will be down to appearences trophies etc

we saw today when Poulson and Lucus look after the back 4 we suddenly become more solid and keep a clean sheet and this was done with square pegs in round holes with both full backs Kelly is a CB and Johnson is no LB Gerrard will come back into the team and i can see him replacing Poulson but if we sign Suarez the i can see him and Gerrard playing wider behind Torres with Meirales making up the attacking 4 and Lucus and Adam in the DCM roles and the it will all be about finding the defenders we need Warnock would do till the summer but we need better palyers than that and that will be what KK and Camolli will be looking for but with the players we have at the back it would allow us to look at the best teenagers who may still be a year or two away from regular starting place in the first team the advantage of that is

1) they will be cheeper to get hold off

2) allows for seemless transfers from the older players when they do come into the first team

Kelly will be the prefered RB next season and i can see Johnson being sold i hope and pray its to R Madrid and Alonso comes in the other direction that would be perfect and leave us needing a starting LB and a young CB of the highest potential to take over from Carra at the end of Next season

We should be bringing through our youth players like Kenny has started to do we have moved on so many youngsters without them getting a sniff at the first team squad that has to change if they are not worthy of a sub appearence they should have been moved on well before they so far down the line

Ian Holloway is right if he is good enough to play for Liverpool then they should pay his true value and if LFC think that at 24 he is only worth 4m then we shouldnt be buying him.

Lets face it they wlll struggle to stay up without him, apparently he had a shocker today and Blackpool lost.

hmmm a shocker you say ?

151042d1251364878-pulling-my-1uz-fe-out-of-the-sc400-shocker_tshirt1.jpg

I don't think that's true. He's certainly better than Darren Fletcher, and in terms of club form, regularly outperforms his compatriots Sandro and Ramires (though, it's reasonable to say that Ramires is at the distinct disadvantage of having had significantly less time to find form in a new league). Indeed, Lucas is a regular in the Brazil squad. He's not a spectacular, not a total world-beater, but I think certainly merits his place in the team.

I always feel guilty about moaning about Lucas because I actually like him - he's shown a lot of character and he has improved markedly over the past 12 months - ironically the period he demonstrated the most improvement was during Hodgson's catastrophic tenure. That may have been because the team setup gave him the opportunity to play to his strengths, plus the fact that there wasn't a 'senior' midfielder like Mascherano or Alonso to defer to, but he appears to accepted (and more importantly shouldered) significant extra responsibility. After a few less than impressive displays recently, he had a good game today. But in the wider context, unless he markedly steps up again, Lucas' good is never going to be good enough. I guess my frustration is that in years gone by we would have been able to bed these players in gently, either in the reserves or with limited opportunities in the first team, whereas Lucas has had to do his learning and improving in the team, which in turn means we have been denied a top class midfielder for two years.

I always feel guilty about moaning about Lucas because I actually like him - he's shown a lot of character and he has improved markedly over the past 12 months - ironically the period he demonstrated the most improvement was during Hodgson's catastrophic tenure. That may have been because the team setup gave him the opportunity to play to his strengths, plus the fact that there wasn't a 'senior' midfielder like Mascherano or Alonso to defer to, but he appears to accepted (and more importantly shouldered) significant extra responsibility. After a few less than impressive displays recently, he had a good game today. But in the wider context, unless he markedly steps up again, Lucas' good is never going to be good enough. I guess my frustration is that in years gone by we would have been able to bed these players in gently, either in the reserves or with limited opportunities in the first team, whereas Lucas has had to do his learning and improving in the team, which in turn means we have been denied a top class midfielder for two years.

I remember listening to city talk a year or so back and an English journo (can't remember his name!) who is based in South America was saying that Lucas is/was unrecognisable from the player we bought. He put it down to how Rafa was using him in a restricted role, when his attributes were more geared towards being a 'box to box' midfielder with an eye for a goal. I think taking the shackles off may make people see Lucas in a totally different light.

this reminds me of the time we tried to buy the likes of Simao and Alves and lost out cos we were stubborn for the sake of a million or two.

Funny and a load a bollix.

Adam is like Danny Murphy at Fulham, average and good with deal balls. At Liverpool he'll not play as regularly leading to his weight to balloon and neither will he get the managerial love. He'll just be a little fish fighting to get off the bench. He's just another Jimmy Bullard in a purple patch.

Funny and a load a bollix.

Adam is like Danny Murphy at Fulham, average and good with deal balls. At Liverpool he'll not play as regularly leading to his weight to balloon and neither will he get the managerial love. He'll just be a little fish fighting to get off the bench. He's just another Jimmy Bullard in a purple patch.

Thats very harsh and If we are buying him I would hope we are buying him for the first team not the squad,

Thats very harsh and If we are buying him I would hope we are buying him for the first team not the squad,

Red Nick on Jimmy Bullard:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/63918-jimmy-bullard.html

Its all about opinions

Bullard and Downing I could live with prefer Pirlo and Mancini but can live with them.

Milner on the other hand would be a disgraceful signing IMO

Same story, sold on a player due to a patch of form and tv highlights.

Red Nick on Jimmy Bullard:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/63918-jimmy-bullard.html

Its all about opinions

Bullard and Downing I could live with prefer Pirlo and Mancini but can live with them.

Milner on the other hand would be a disgraceful signing IMO

Same story, sold on a player due to a patch of form and tv highlights.

Tounge in cheek springs to mind, however Bullard aint that far behind Barry

Ill let you decide if that is a serious statement or not

Adam may or may not be the answer but he is a better passer than either Lucas, Spearing or Poulsen IMO.

All I am saying is there is no point buying him if the plan is not for him to go into the first team, we have enough squad players

All I am saying is there is no point buying him if the plan is not for him to go into the first team, we have enough squad players

I'd buy youth or buy quality; you can keep the rest. I think it's Evertonitus, the love of average players and somehow comparing them to world class players.

I'd buy youth or buy quality; you can keep the rest. I think it's Evertonitus, the love of average players and somehow comparing them to world class players.

Agree with that and why I would buy someone like Lakuku rather than Suarez.

However I believe both Adam and Suarez would improve the first 11