You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve Bruce - the Mouth of the Wear

ChicagoRed

I couldn't be more pleased to see this jerk whingeing in public and digging a bigger hole for himself as a lousy loser.

He's the last person to talk about loyalty; the last person to talk about great managers, and the first person to slag off anyone who gets the better of him which is just about everybody!.

I haven't forgiven him for being an ugly Manc, compounded by his outrageous remarks over Rafa's interest in Davies.

I like Houllier's response. It's calm, classy, and thoughtful. A million miles from the Sunderland motormouth!

thanks for saying what we feel, Gerard!

Sunderland hierarchy clearly knew about Bent's transfer. They overspent in the transfer market hoping that their revenues will increase but it didn't. They owed money to Spurs which they could not pay so they decided to sell bent to raise cash. They have some decent players whose wages will be a burden for a club of their size. When Villa came in for Bent, it was their chance to get rid of him and cash in.

Or it could be a cunning ploy by Steve Bruce to raise cash to buy N'Zogbia and thus stop us from getting him.

I agree, but I must say Ged has 'previous' - he's never been exactly subtle in the way he taps up players.

Spotty German left wing-back, didn't we get fined over that?

Fuck bruce though. He's never tapped up a player has he? And as others have said when was the last time he honoured a contract?

You'd think the fact Bent told him he wanted off last season would give potato head a clue he wasn't happy there.

This is when the modern phenomenon of player autobiographies, published so early, pose a problem - somone like Bruce, if only he could read, can pick up Fowler's and Carra's books, look at the anecdotes about Ged asking them to tap up players, and bingo - a ready-made dossier!

I agree, but I must say Ged has 'previous' - he's never been exactly subtle in the way he taps up players.

Yep, the beachball has a point. If it's true that Ged never contacted Bruce, the manager of a player that he wanted to sign, then that's just bad manners on his part. He doesn't do himself any favours.

I for one cannot abide the man. He seems to think he is something special. Other than late on at Wigan he's been a total shitehouse as a manager.

Sunderland better watch cos the moaning fat whinging bastard will either take them down or bankrupt them.

Think his fat face has been rotting away with all the time spent up Fergies alki arse.

Yep, the beachball has a point. If it's true that Ged never contacted Bruce, the manager of a player that he wanted to sign, then that's just bad manners on his part. He doesn't do himself any favours.

Are transfers not conducted between CEO's?

If Bruce really thinks he's never tapped a player he's a liar.

If he knows he has he is a hypocritical cunt.

Are transfers not conducted between CEO's?

If Bruce really thinks he's never tapped a player he's a liar.

If he knows he has he is a hypocritical cunt.

Well, I still think Ged is scuppering his chances of winning the prestigious LMA award with his antics.

Didn't Darren Bent's family get racially abused by some of their supporters when watching him one time? No wonder he wanted away from the backward cunts.

As for Bruce, poor manager who will again be found out. One of those managers who always blames refs when they get beat and part of the Ferguson mafia that goes by the name LMA.