You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Megadrive

Remmie

superfrog now ya talking,

my mate and I used to love this game, called hugo

[YOUTUBE]YnGBPVoZiEY[/YOUTUBE]

his brother had loads of games, used to get them cheap copied.

he had one where you drove a dragster car over a sort of rollercoaster track, cant remember what it was called but I liked it.

and a great aircraft flying game, think 2d platformer style, could go different planes and had to bomb targets

Sensible was fantastic. It worked. the ones like FIFA tried to perform the way they do now, but they were let down by the console. Sensible focussed on the mechanics of the game rather than realism and was great.

EA Hockey was superb. John Madden, PGA Golf, Road Rash and Desert Strike would be the ones I wanted.

I know this is a Mega Drive thread, but I also had Speedball II on the Amiga. Does anyone remember Road Rash?

Have you got me on ignore?

Road rash 1 and 2 were ace. 3 was shite.

Was it Cannon Fodder? Was a hoot that.

Cannon Fodder was great.

I was in awe when they combined Cannon Fodder and Sensi to give us Cannon Soccer. Not sure if this ever made it onto the Megadrive, but it was great playing it on me old Amiga...

Pga tour 2 was the best i thought. We used to have some amazing sessions on that.

I played Sensi before it was released. The developers stayed at the hotel I was work experiencing at. What a weekend that was.

PGA 2 was indeed ace. It works great on my phone to. If you've got an android phone I recommend it.

• 10 years later...
4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

All already mentioned but my collection (if I were to have one) would be Sensi, Golden Axe, Street Fighter, Altered Beast, Road Rash, Micro Machines and that double cartridge (95?) that had Madden and NFL on it. Probably Sonic 1 and 2 as well. 

I can't imagine Madden on anything lower than a playstation. I used to always get a chipped copy, stick it on easy mode and win every game 105-0. The defence play tactics always wrecked my head.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I can't imagine Madden on anything lower than a playstation. I used to always get a chipped copy, stick it on easy mode and win every game 105-0. The defence play tactics always wrecked my head.

I used to just choose random defence tactics and would choose one of the  players to try and get through the gap to smash the quarterback. Dead easy. 

22 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I used to just choose random defence tactics and would choose one of the  players to try and get through the gap to smash the quarterback. Dead easy. 

Yeah I did that as well. I seem to remember on the easier modes there was an imaginary barrier which you could have your player running into as they made the play and as soon as they pitched the ball, you could break through. On the harder modes you just got penalised.

Some crappy shots of the tv from my dads video camera of me age 10 in 1993 winning a T-Shirt and goody bag for the highest score on Sonic 2 on the Sega tour bus at New Brighton fare. The T-shirt was the last one they had and was XXL!

It was upstairs and you got about 5 minutes and then they would come round and get every ones score. I knew how to do the first few levels in Sonic 2 really quickly in about 20 seconds and that gave you a mega high score which I remember the Sega people remarking how high the score was. 

C769FE5E-E72D-4E56-BE28-27709B24E994.png

DD0FC287-E9CA-431B-B84F-1C6702BAC9D1.png

9CA494DF-AA87-4E1A-85B8-AC834D2518A1.png

• Upvote 1