You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has the King been unlucky so far?

Wor Horse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky in that he has no reliable leftback, his first choice centrebacks are now injured, the back up centrebacks have never been footballers. He's got Lucas anchoring the midfield which he's shit at and Meireles making loads of class runs but not getting on the end of anything. Oh, and he's got Dirk Kuyt who can't control a ball to save his life still and Maxi who is one of the biggest hiders on a pitch I've seen.

He's got Reina, Agger, Meireles, Gerrard and Torres who are footballers.

The rest are either athletes, ogres or young kids

He's clearly got the team pushing out and trying to play football which is more than his predecessor but the players are nowhere near good enough to play the football he wants

Agreed. No one knows what was happening, one of our players could have had a knock after we'd used 2 subs. Can you imagine seeing out the last 10 minutes with 10 men if we'd brought on Babel for the sake of it with our levels of confidence at the moment?

At 2-1 you're looking for and thinking about maybe something different but once we equalised it was a matter of showing faith in what served us so well in the first half.

I think the reaction to going 2-1 down was fantastic, a real plus for me that. We continued to show that willingness to attack and do the right things. There was no mass retreat like we'd usually witness under Hodgson.

I don't think the likes of Babel and Cole have the intelligence to be relied upon at this moment in time.

Just calling it as I see it very conservative approach which Hodgson would have been murdered for.

But he's not Hodgson, for cunts sake. He's a proven winner who has instantly got us trying to play proper football in consecutive matched for the first time in over a year. He gets more leeway because he deserves more, because he hasn't shown himself to be an incompetent, dated old fool. By the same token, I'd give a revived Michael Foot more leeway than a young again Margaret Thatcher.

Finally, the change was sensible. The last thing we needed was to go gung-go and suffer a fourth defeat on the bounce. Now the wound can be properly bandaged. We didn't lose our last game, going into Wolves next week.

The King hasnt had the rub of the green but as all the clubs threatened with relegation will tell you, you dont get the decisions when you're struggling.

Webb gave the softest of pens to the home team in the cup. facts show if that hadnt of been given, the result would have been 0-0 playing for an hour with 10 men.

Not sure there was any lack of the rub at blackpool where shit defending was our undoing.

But today, that wasnt a corner from which the shite equalised. I thought kelly was fouled for the build up to their second.

And why wasnt there a sending off for the pen (howard?) when he takes the player out on the edge of the 6 yard box?

But, the King's magic is slowly starting to work. The supertanker is starting to change course now.

The horrible schmuck Rafael got two yellows today when he should have got a straight red from the 1st booking.

If this had happened in the first game then we would have one.

Agree with most of what is written on this thread.

With our captain back and joe cole in the frame with 1 or 2 signings we'll be ok.

Kelly played excellent today especially the 1st half. 1st choice RB for me!

I thought we were fucking excellent in the first half, we produced a performance I wouldnt believe was possible from such a team selection. They lose confidence far to easily when things dont go their way though. Its not bad luck its having to many mediocre players who cant concentrate for 90 minutes.

I think skrtel is to prone to lapses in concentration and I dont think his feet can actually leave the floor. The team needs proper investing in, we can fuck about getting short gap answers or go out and actually pay for players who will be a big improvement. These owners need to spend January or not.

It's a confidence thing... You can see it's improving with every game, especially the attacking. The problem today was we should have been 2 or 3 up at half time then they got the goal right at the start of the 2nd and we're looking nervy again, remembering all the losses + it's a derby and Kenny's fist game back at Anfield... It's a big pressure sistuation and we're wounded. I have every confidence that we'll come good under Kenny if the early signs are anything to go by...

I'm not getting too het up about the non-corner. It's just one of those things.

Re: the selection and subs. I must say, I haven't been too bothered by the selections. Sure, they've been erratic and surprising but he's scoping players out. The subs though - apart from the United game I've thought the changes (or lack of) were certainly a little eyebrow-raising myself.

Good post.

The big surprise to me is keeping putting Johnson,a poor defender,at left back when we have an ok one on the bench.

The problem with Johnson at left back,although he played well today,is that neither him or the man in front of him,Maxi,are good defenders.

Its crying out for Johnson at right mid with Kelly behind,as we'd have a good defender at right back and a bit of pace on the right of midfield.Kuyt has been poor for ages and its painful watching him unable to skin full backs and moves breaking down because of this.

Give Kuyt a shot at second striker or put him on the bench because we cannot now afford to carry passengers.

Ngog we Trust sounds like an Evertonian, his two threads recently have been about corrupt refs and being unlucky. Fuck me, we created nothing at OT, could have lost by more at Blackpool and couldn't defend for shit today, that's not unlucky it is just not having enough ability in team. And dodgy officials? Give me a break, Maxi went over like Berbatov today to get the equaliser, let's stop fucking blaming everone but ourselves for this shite we find ourselves in.

No SG, no Carra, poor refereeing, bad luck, awful shithouse tactics to change. all have lead to the struggles.

however, he's canny is our Kenny. Played both Poulsen and Jova, gave them final chance, proved they are not good enough, moved on.

Dropped Konchesky immediately.

Changed us from hoof ball to pass and move, albeit with players not good enough.

Playing our only ball-playing CB as that's what he will be looking for if, and when, he gets funds to buy players.

Huge rebuild required. I'd trust the man who sold Rushie (when he wanted to go to Italy anyway) and bought Digger, Aldo and Beardsley with the money, over most.

Played Spearing today, prob decide he's seen enoguh to know he's not good enough too.

The improvement is tactics, style of play, tempo have all improved, and there is a lot of awful shite to get out of those players heads but we will continue to improve all over.

Delighted to see him in the dug out, delighted we avoided three loses in his first three games. Not losing today was massive, the work continues.

Ngog we Trust sounds like an Evertonian, his two threads recently have been about corrupt refs and being unlucky. Fuck me, we created nothing at OT, could have lost by more at Blackpool and couldn't defend for shit today, that's not unlucky it is just not having enough ability in team. And dodgy officials? Give me a break, Maxi went over like Berbatov today to get the equaliser, let's stop fucking blaming everone but ourselves for this shite we find ourselves in.

Absolutely. As someone earlier said, all struggling teams say that they are unlucky and the refs were poor etc..

Just calling it as I see it very conservative approach which Hodgson would have been murdered for.

How does the 19 attempts today constitute a conservative approach? When did we ever do that, even at home, under Hodgson?

We took the game to Everton in most of today's game. We sat back and absorbed pressure at home under Hodgson.

The two approaches are incomparable.

I agree theres no point in moaning about refs but the penalty today was as blatant as any you'll see. Light years away from Uniteds one last week.

An Evertonian? Come off it.

Did I say refs were corrupt? No. I said they just weren't good enough.

That was a stone wall penalty today as well, or didn't you see the contact?

I'm not blaming anyone but ourselves, read the fucking threads you tit, I'm saying other circumstances haven't helped our already low on confidence squad that isn't good enough anyway.

And I'm saying stop fucking moaning and get on with it and I haven't seen the replay but from the Kop it looked like a dive today.

This is what always gets me, get on with what exactly? What can I possibly be getting on with? Aren't you allowed to discuss the game? Discuss any wrong doings?

That shit ref cost us 2 goals today, whatever happened after the decisions (the shit defending) he cost us 2 goals. Why can't I bring that up?

And it wasn't a dive. It was the clearest Pen we've probably ever been given.