You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly like to see Danny Wilson get a chance - ahead of the lumbering Greek, and possibly besides Carra once he's back (which can't come soon enough).

It's no use saying Agger is our best defender 'when fit'. He just cannot be relied upon to be fit (or feel up to it) for long enough. That still means you have to have another centre-back of the same (or better) quality to be able to interchange with him.

If we pay him £70k per week and he';s only fit for half the games, we're effectively paying him £140k per week. I am sure that is how the Americans will see the equation.

I'm a bit confused here if he was ill he may have been ill before the game and decided to give his all for the team. Seems a bit of a shithouse thing to start a thread about a player being ill unless you are aware of something that we dont know.

He's probably aware of his Liverpool career to date.

120 starts in 5 years. Impressive.

Paddy you just hate Agger. No way is he an average defender. He's been unlucky with injuries but when fit is one of our 3-4 players who genuinely are good enough. Theres at least 15 id get rid of before Daniel Agger. I know your arguement will now be "hes never fit" etc but we have a starting eleven who are constantly fit, 8 of them being consistantly fit and shit

He's probably aware of his Liverpool career to date.

120 starts in 5 years. Impressive.

Considering he mentions illness in his sentence, it seems a valid point. It always baffles me when people slate players for their injuries and aim their venom at the player.

What are we implying is he feigning injury. I can understand frustration but this seems churlish at the least. Anyway YNWA.

Paddy you just hate Agger. No way is he an average defender. He's been unlucky with injuries but when fit is one of our 3-4 players who genuinely are good enough. Theres at least 15 id get rid of before Daniel Agger. I know your arguement will now be "hes never fit" etc but we have a starting eleven who are constantly fit, 8 of them being consistantly fit and shit

I dont hate him at all, and in 2006/2007 I thought he was amazing and we had a future captain on our hands, but since then on the rare occasion he's fit I've not been impressed, I think all our current defenders are been shown up to the level there at since Sami and Mascherano left and Carragher was injured.

Considering he mentions illness in his sentence, it seems a valid point. It always baffles me when people slate players for their injuries and aim their venom at the player.

What are we implying is he feigning injury. I can understand frustration but this seems churlish at the least. Anyway YNWA.

I'm not saying he's feigning injury. I'm just saying he's unreliable.

Guest the boy
I dont hate him at all, and in 2006/2007 I thought he was amazing and we had a future captain on our hands, but since then on the rare occasion he's fit I've not been impressed, I think all our current defenders are been shown up to the level there at since Sami and Mascherano left and Carragher was injured.

Exactly the same problems abound in the defence now as with Carragher in the team. Looking to the future, Carragher isn't the way forward either.

Skrtel's completely imploded as a player after the dominating performances of a couple of seasons ago. The defence was transformed after half-time. Agger is the only one of the four centre-backs worth persevering with in the long-term: though if a decent offer comes in I wouldn't be surprised if we're minded to take it. Certainly need to ship Sotorios and Skrtel out and bring in two new centre-backs to replace them: centre back and left back slots have to be the priority.

Dalglish on Agger: "Hasn't been well and hasn't eaten much for last couple of days. For him to get through Wednesday game was fantastic."

Everyone in this thread just need to calm down.

He obviously was ill going by what Kenny was saying. It must have been bad for him to have to go off at half time.