You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread was started as soon as Agger went off to highlight once again how much of a liability he is, no point been so highly rated by some(not me) if your unavailable over 50% of the time is there?

I'd sell him myself depending on what we could get for him, Skertl too. I'd use Wilson to take over from the Greek and bring Ayala back next season.

I just can't see the need for the 'tone' of the OP when there is a game to be concentrating on.

I think people need to give Agger some time now before they write him off as a permanent sick note.

I thought his latest operation was supposed to fix his problem and so far so good, if he gets another injury then fair enough, then I can understand the view that we would be better off if we sell him, but first we need two new CB because Skrtel and Kyrigiakos simply are not good enough for us and they have never been either.

Until then Agger is the least of our worries.

Thread was started as soon as Agger went off to highlight once again how much of a liability he is, no point been so highly rated by some(not me) if your unavailable over 50% of the time is there?

Yet another ridiculous post. People rate him highly because he is a quality player. Compare our defence in the first half to the second. I'm guessing you can't understand why ronaldo (the real one) is rated by some. On a more serious note, what the fuck is going on with your use of the word been?

spot on

no questioning he is a brilliant player, but we can not carry a player who has such a poor injury record.

How much would we get for him though?

You've just written him off as a sick note and now you expect to get a decent wedge for him. Jesus H. Christ! :wallbutt:

Thats right flog Agger and leave us with Carra, Skrtel, and Kriakos (who Rafa only brought in as back up and only because the Yanks wouldn't give him any money), wow, you must be the brains of the family!

Yet another ridiculous post. People rate him highly because he is a quality player. Compare our defence in the first half to the second. I'm guessing you can't understand why ronaldo (the real one) is rated by some. On a more serious note, what the fuck is going on with your use of the word been?

So you think it's ok for us to continue to persist with a player with a worst apperance rate than Harry Kewell, my issue is I don't think we can build a team with players that are unreliable such as Agger and Aurellio and the likes, doesn't matter how highly some may rate them.

He was a super player but I couldn't give a fuck about Ronaldo as he wasn't playing for us.

Anyone notice the way for nearly every goal kick Agger hung round the edge of the box to receive the ball from Reina, Sign of us trying to play more football.

Shame he had to go off, if fit him and Carragher have to play every game.

We spent the 2nd half agaianst Wolves doing this, I'm wondering if there is a problem with Pep's kicking.

All it did was mean we were forced to defend bloody deep and we got pushed back even further.

So you think it's ok for us to continue to persist with a player with a worst apperance rate than Harry Kewell, my issue is I don't think we can build a team with players that are unreliable such as Agger and Aurellio and the likes, doesn't matter how highly some may rate them.

He was a super player but I couldn't give a fuck about Ronaldo as he wasn't playing for us.

You started a thread having a go at the lad because hes injured. Its hardly his fault is it? Whether or not hes injury prone doesn't affect how good a player he is which is why people (like me) rate him. I haven't read anything from anyone suggesting we should build a team around agger or aurelio.

Apart from his woeful injury/illness record, my biggest gripe with him is how ineffectual he is in the opposition's penalty area. He gets on the end of an awful lots of corners and free kicks, but shuts his eyes and hopes for the best. If he was taught the strikers art for these instances (eyes on the ball) he'd be a potent weapon at set pieces. Defensively he's sound bar a very occasional lapse in concentration, and because of his injuries he has to work his way back to match fitness all the time. Sometimes it shows.

So you think it's ok for us to continue to persist with a player with a worst apperance rate than Harry Kewell

I think that's a bit unfair considering Kewell was bought to go straight in the first team whereas Agger played back up in his first year.

The club has had to look at itself in terms of success rate rehabilitating some of these players. We've a new medical team that's come in so let's see how the likes of Agger respond. He's had the surgery they feel should cure his problems, now it's a matter of match fitness and overcoming the wild ones.

I think we've done OK on the injury front so far this year.

Touch wood.

I think that's a bit unfair considering Kewell was bought to go straight in the first team whereas Agger played back up in his first year.

The club has had to look at itself in terms of success rate rehabilitating some of these players. We've a new medical team that's come in so let's see how the likes of Agger respond. He's had the surgery they feel should cure his problems, now it's a matter of match fitness and overcoming the wild ones.

I think we've done OK on the injury front so far this year.

Touch wood.

It is a valid point that, my mind could be playing tricks on me but he hasn't always been first choice when he has been here. If you acknowledge Carra was the first choice c/h under Rafa. At times Skrtl and Hyppia have nudged ahead of him. It would be daft not to acknowledge he hasnt had problems.

He lost a whole season through a metatarsal when it went wrong, that has to be just bad luck rather than a series of problems. Throw in his first half a season and it is not gloomy as it first looks.