You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Less bad' case scenario?

Torvald Utne

Number 19  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Number 19

• Man United with the league, City finish 5th
    • City win the league

Spurs finishing 4th again is more damaging than City. They have a bigger in-built fanbase and bigger opportunity for future revenue under the incoming rules. I hope they slide down the table, preferably after beating Man Utd tomorrow and starting the process which sees them careen down the table and having their inevitable looking 19th title snatched from their grasp.

City are doing a pretty good job of fucking up at home to Wolves today, though....

Maybe I should have added something like El Hadji Diouf winning player of the year to option 2.

Seriously though, I'm sure I remember people a couple of years back people saying we should forget about utd winning #19 and we should be more concerned about City with their money getting CL football, is the fact we have almost no chance of getting top 4 this year anyway influencing the result? Or are people just resigned to the inevitability that City are going to buy their success?

Maybe I should have added something like El Hadji Diouf winning player of the year to option 2.

Seriously though, I'm sure I remember people a couple of years back people saying we should forget about utd winning #19 and we should be more concerned about City with their money getting CL football, is the fact we have almost no chance of getting top 4 this year anyway influencing the result? Or are people just resigned to the inevitability that City are going to buy their success?

The thinking back then was City could institutionalize us out of the top 4. But we've already done that to ourselves. If City fall by the wayside, Spurs will take their spot. It's just not an equation that involves us at the moment.

No matter how bad the alternatives might be there are no circumstances where I could be happy with City winning the league. The only consolation would be that it would wind Utd up more than anybody else but I'm not convinced that City wouldn't turn into an even bigger bunch of cunts than them if they won it.

I'm abstaining.

I'm sure mypost will put forward a compelling case as to why we should all vote for option one.

I've contributed to the 61-0 score.

Is this really a poll asking if Liverpool fans would vote for the Scum to win the league? Surely this is a wind up!

You might think it would be beyond the pale, but I remember a minority of our fans wanting the mancs to win the league in 2007, in order to get one over Mourinho. :|

I could live with City winning the league, anything that stops their neighbours doing it is fine by me.