You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's looking likely i am heading toward divorce after 8 years of marriage. Not happy about it and i hate seeing my kids suffer, but if any of you have been through it and can offer any advice on how to make it as painless as possible i am all ears.

Lots of rebound sex, you'll feel like shit the morning after, but at the time it works a treat.

On a serious note, no one is happy about getting a divorce, even if you're the one instigating it. Don't guilt trip yourself, the ex will do that more then enough.

You'll have down moments, mates come in handy for this, and if like me you're a billy or live miles away from any, this place is fucking awesome when you feel like shit. Go thread bumping.

Kids don't suffer if you both behave yourself, and if one parent decides to act the cunt, fingers crossed the other one will make up the difference.

Don't go down the blame route if you can avoid it, it gets nasty.

Ultimately, be kind to yourself.

I think there was a thread last year from someone going through something similar. Can't find it as I'm on forum runner, if someone can do the honours. There was some good advice on there and regular updates from the person who was going through it.

I think there was a thread last year from someone going through something similar. Can't find it as I'm on forum runner, if someone can do the honours. There was some good advice on there and regular updates from the person who was going through it.

It was Navman. He was having a pretty shit time but from what I can gather he's doing okay.

Keep your chin up Withnail. Remember that this is a beginning as well as an end.

Shit in her mouth lad

What happened to the crisp packet advise?

Navman

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/90700-getting-divorced.html

My thread.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/81738-divorce.html

The ex even made his own contribution in there.

Lurtzy's thread.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/56637-divorce-pros-cons.html

I'm sure there are others, but these were top of the list, another was RiS contemplating it after Mrs RiS let him down on some concert tickets.

Edit, should say, smiler's getting married again in the spring, looks like i'll be child free for a full weekend! He didn't take me up on the bet i offered on the thread, it looks like he's not taking the kids permanently. Arse.

I went through it 5 years back and as someone else has already said, it's your mates that help you through it. You really find out who your real friends are.

Get out there and do something that would never do if you were still tied down. Go somewhere you've never been, start a new hobby, anything to give you a new experience and perk yourself up.

It's a cliche, but time really does heal and before too long you'll pick yourself up and move on.

All the best

What happened to the crisp packet advise?

Navman

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/90700-getting-divorced.html

My thread.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/81738-divorce.html

The ex even made his own contribution in there.

Lurtzy's thread.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/56637-divorce-pros-cons.html

I'm sure there are others, but these were top of the list, another was RiS contemplating it after Mrs RiS let him down on some concert tickets.

Edit, should say, smiler's getting married again in the spring, looks like i'll be child free for a full weekend! He didn't take me up on the bet i offered on the thread, it looks like he's not taking the kids permanently. Arse.

Jesus. For someone who claimed he was looking forward to a new life I really was a bitter little twat three years ago wasn't I. Bad days, them. Wish you hadn't bumped that in a way Sherry but then again, kind of reminds me how far I've come since then.

I am at a loss as why anyone gets married, it makes no sense.

As a child, girls want to be nurses, princesses, all that stuff, they have dreams. As they get older they become more materialistic, they want to live in a big house, and if they do one day get married, they want a big house and a nice car.

I feel sorry for the girl I settle down with, probably end up with a 3 bedroom house in a shit area of Liverpool, stuck with me, hardly the life she dreamt of.

I am at a loss as why anyone gets married, it makes no sense.

As a child, girls want to be nurses, princesses, all that stuff, they have dreams. As they get older they become more materialistic, they want to live in a big house, and if they do one day get married, they want a big house and a nice car.

I feel sorry for the girl I settle down with, probably end up with a 3 bedroom house in a shit area of Liverpool, stuck with me, hardly the life she dreamt of.

I was the only girl in my class that wanted to be an astronaut. Actually non of the lads wanted to be one either.

I wanted to be an astronaut but ended up as a space cadet instead.

I'm hoping it won't but me and mrs stoner are very rocky at the moment and I'm dreading where it's heading. She's kicked me out 3 times in the last 4 weeks when I've done fuck all wrong. It's doing my fucking head in.

Jesus. For someone who claimed he was looking forward to a new life I really was a bitter little twat three years ago wasn't I. Bad days, them. Wish you hadn't bumped that in a way Sherry but then again, kind of reminds me how far I've come since then.

What do you mean? You're still a little twat......

Lots of rebound sex, you'll feel like shit the morning after, but at the time it works a treat.

On a serious note, no one is happy about getting a divorce, even if you're the one instigating it. Don't guilt trip yourself, the ex will do that more then enough.

You'll have down moments, mates come in handy for this, and if like me you're a billy or live miles away from any, this place is fucking awesome when you feel like shit. Go thread bumping.

Kids don't suffer if you both behave yourself, and if one parent decides to act the cunt, fingers crossed the other one will make up the difference.

Don't go down the blame route if you can avoid it, it gets nasty.

Ultimately, be kind to yourself.

Typical bloody woman.

Bollocks.