You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You really are clueless.Are you the same mypost thats infected the shamrock rovers website ?? and the Foot.ie site ??Hard to believe theres another like you out there

He's a overpaid prima donna ,too fond of pubs and clubs and kar-e-oke shouldn't even be starting in internationals..Celtic is about the right level for him ...as for his time at Anfield,nobody at fault for his departure only himself.Shit trainer,shit attitude and shit singer.Only people who missed him truly were the bar owners in Slater street.Pity really , as when he was younger he looked a real talent

Shamrock Rovers. Now there's a thought, Roy.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After we sold Keane we played 15 PL games, we won 12, got 2 draws and only 1 loss.

No one picked up more points than ourselves that period with 15 games played.

A lot of fans blame the sale of Keane when they look for reasons why we did not win the league, but thats just ridiculous.

Table from 31.01-24.05.09:

1. Manchester United 16 13 1 2 29-14 40p

2. Liverpool 15 12 2 1 40-12 38p

3. Chelsea 15 11 2 2 24-11 35p

4. Arsenal 15 8 6 1 30-12 30p

We scored 77 goals that season, thats 37 goals in the 23 games Keane was part of our squad and 40 in the last 15 after he was sold, if anything we sold him too late or even better should never have bought him in the first place.

Agreed. I was pleased when we signed him so I'm not in a position to criticise, but had we bought Arshavin, the title probably would have been ours.

You really are clueless.Are you the same mypost thats infected the shamrock rovers website ?? and the Foot.ie site ??Hard to believe theres another like you out there

He's a overpaid prima donna ,too fond of pubs and clubs and kar-e-oke shouldn't even be starting in internationals..Celtic is about the right level for him ...as for his time at Anfield,nobody at fault for his departure only himself.Shit trainer,shit attitude and shit singer.Only people who missed him truly were the bar owners in Slater street.Pity really , as when he was younger he looked a real talent[/QUOTE]

Nail on the head for me.

You really are clueless.

He's a overpaid prima donna ,too fond of pubs and clubs and kar-e-oke shouldn't even be starting in internationals..Celtic is about the right level for him ...as for his time at Anfield,nobody at fault for his departure only himself.Shit trainer,shit attitude and shit singer.Only people who missed him truly were the bar owners in Slater street.Pity really , as when he was younger he looked a real talent

An overpaid footballer? There's a new one.

A player that likes pubs and clubs? Wow, this is revolutionary stuff. Where is Craig Bellamy?

Record scorer for his country in 80 years of international football. Scored against Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, France to name a few.

7 goals already for us, more than most of our players this season alone. 200 goals in his career, available for a reasonable fee. Nah, can't be having him!!

Clueless.

Edited by mypost

A player that likes pubs and clubs? Wow, this is revolutionary stuff. Where is Craig Bellamy?

Record scorer for his country in 80 years of international football. Scored against Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, France to name a few. 200+ goals in the English league.

We're 13th in the league, can't score goals, or win games. Nah, can't be having him!!

He hasn't even got 150 goals in the English League, actually.

Totally agree with Gav, I'd rather have Dennis Behan than Robbie Keane and Behan can't get a game for Hartlepool. Robbie Keane has never and never will be good enough for Liverpool.

Look at it this way. When he was here he spent most of his time picking splinters out of his arse. When he did play he fucked up chances galore. And he had that stupid cartwheel-forward roll-2 fingers in the stink goal celebration when a shot actually finds the target and went in. 'Arry decided to take a punt on him, proclaiming that Rafa never used him properly and that at Spurs he'd be given a proper chance. Since then? Well, he's spent most of his time picking splinters out of his arse. When he does play he fucks up chances galore. And he has that stupid cartwheel-forward roll-2 fingers in the stink goal celebration when a shot actually finds the target and goes in.

Look at it this way. When he did play he fucked up chances galore. And he had that stupid cartwheel-forward roll-2 fingers in the stink goal celebration.

Well apart from when he scored against us. Tell me another player who did the same.

Look at it this way. We fuck up chances galore these days. We need forwards, and we need them now, so more chances go in between now and the end of the season.

No. Why would we? He couldn't score when we had a good team, damn he would be even shitter now.

What we need is good, young, hungry and talented players we can develop for the next 10 years, not someone who is just running through the motions with a proven track record of mediocrity when they join a decent club.

Totally agree with Gav, I'd rather have Dennis Behan than Robbie Keane and Behan can't get a game for Hartlepool. Robbie Keane has never and never will be good enough for Liverpool.

DJ ..dunno how you'll take this but Behan is about to sign for City again...should happen by the end of the weekend :whistle:

Record scorer for his country in 80 years of international football. Scored against Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, France to name a few.

7 goals already for us, more than most of our players this season alone. 200 goals in his career, available for a reasonable fee. Nah, can't be having him!!

Clueless.

As I thought ,clueless.Ran off foot.ie and decided to infest this place till you're ran off here

You can absoluely guarantee that had the consensus of opinion on the thread been along the lines of "yeah, I can see the validity of that idea, probably not a bad move in the short term", then that contrary fucking nob cheese mypost would have been dead against it.

Because the weight of opinion has fallen on "fuck that shit right off", the fucking controversial little cunt thinks it's a great idea.

If the Government made Shampoo illegal on Monday morning, mypost would be standing on the corner of his street drinking Shampoo.

Just fuck off.

No. Why would we? He couldn't score when we had a good team, damn he would be even shitter now.

What we need is good, young, hungry and talented players we can develop for the next 10 years, not someone who is just running through the motions with a proven track record of mediocrity when they join a decent club.

Yes. Horrible, shit, signing when he was 28 and it would be even worse now.

I don't want us to waste another penny on over-the-hill mercenaries. There's plenty of young lads out there who can help us avoid relegation.

You can absoluely guarantee that had the consensus of opinion on the thread been along the lines of "yeah, I can see the validity of that idea, probably not a bad move in the short term", then mypost would have been against it.

You don't give good guarantees so.

I was all for it when he signed, and I can absolutely 100% guarantee that I would have been all for it now, regardless what the consensus was.