You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shreddy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting if reports are to be believed that Kenny like Hodgson wants senior reinforcements which probably shows why he wont be offered the job long term.

Which is a travesty really, it's great to have a good selection of young players but you don't win anything with kids. Arsenal surely have to be an example of this.

Alonso would improve this squad from a team used to losing points away from home to one winning points simple as that really we have the basis of the squad and with Cara Alonso and Gerrard added

To this we could then fuck this idea off of fullbacks who are good going forward off but cant defend Arbeloa smacks Johnsons arse and i would do a straight swap tomorrow and the sad thing is Arbeloa isnt the best defending type fullback out there either

Give me 2 CB's who are strong and can defend add two solid workman like full backs and are problems would be sorted

I would sell Babel Johnson Jovanavoic Poulson and Konchelsky and with the money go and bring back Alonso because he brought more to this club than that fucking lot put together

Use whatever money we have to bring in 3 players a striker not to play alongside Torres but good enough to replace Torres if he isnt doing it

If we had a striker who would have Torres fighting for his place then we would see the player we know and love and let them sort out if they can play together or not

A solid Leftback and a wide player such as Young, Chaimbalin or someone like Honda maybe to create

Alonso

Cole

Gerrard

Carra

CF

LB

A wide player who can swich to either side

and if there is a spare £5m bring in SWP and Charlie Adams add that to what we have already and we dont have a problem anymore might take 2 windows to do it in but we can wait

We need a good defensive midfielder. Lucas and Raul worked for one or two games but failed to impress me in the rest of the games. We fucking need a destroyer like Mascherano.

P.S I am beginning to believe that Rafa backers were right all along. FUCK!!!!!

We need a deep lying playmaker, someone who can retain possession and make others play football. Someone who will replace Xabi, because ever since he left our midfield has been getting butt fucked by the likes of Birmingham, Reading, Sunderland, and now Blackpool.

FSG need to put in £50m between now and summer on top of fees for Babel,Aqualani, Insua, Agger or skertel, Jovanavic, Konchesky, Johnson and Poulsen and a couple of hang ons

Were likely to get £45-50m for that lot, that's £100m which we need to spend on 5 players, Striker, Centre Half, Left Back, Winger and Creative midfielder.

The squad needs a total revamp and it's gona take money and charm to attratct players to us in our current state, 5 major signings and the promotion of some of the youngsters to the squad has to happen

Finding clubs who are stupid enough to take the Poulsens, and the rest of our turgid shite will be a challenge. Easy enough to say 'get rid', but as we saw with Intandje and a few others...getting rid is not going to be easy, especially with the wages they will be on.

Poulsen is a respected pro who would still cut it on the German league or that level I'd take £2m fir him, Itandge should never have made it and I'm baffled how he ever got a pro contract ever

Suarez

Hazard

Subotic

That's just for starters.

I'd sell/get rid of Poulsen, Konchesky, Jova in this window, just so we don't have to endure them ever again in a red shirt for the rest of the season.

I'd recall Insua and Aquilani (if we can of course).

If I could give rep you'd get my quota for the month! We had quality and promise and put it out on loan. I'd keep hold of Johnson and Skrtel (last chance for him) to see what Dalglish and Clarke can do with them.

I'd say to Birmingham, name your price for Johnson and Dann. Proper defensive partnership. No nonsense defenders who can actually defend.

We need pace out wide too. None of these fancy wingers who "cut inside" into "the hole". Proper out and out wingers, pace to burn, who stretch the pitch and can actually beat a man.

We need a presence in the box too. It's a title that I hate, but a fox in the box, if you will. Somebody who scores with his knee/arse from time to time, somebody with the movement and anticipation to be in the box to put the ball away. One who interests me is Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal.

Adam would be decent too.

I haven't seen enough of Rossi to make a judgment and I'm not a big fan of Adam at all but I agree with everything else you have said 100% there.

Alan Nixon is reporting we've signed Jason Banton. Mind you, it's Alan Nixon...

New Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has gone back to old club Blackburn to make young striker Jason Banton the first signing of his second spell at Anfield.

Dalglish has snapped up the former England youth international after Rovers let him go because he was growing unsettled.

Banton joined Rovers from Arsenal - where he also became fed up at his lack of progress through the ranks - two years ago, and he had been pushing for a first-team squad slot at Ewood Park.

The 18-year-old is a tall, fast striker and was top scorer in Rovers' academy side in his first full season at the club but fell out with members of the coaching staff and was released.

Read more: Transfer news New Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has gone back to old club Blackburn to make England youth international striker Jason Banton the first signing of his second spell at Anfield - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Transfer news New Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has gone back to old club Blackburn to make England youth international striker Jason Banton the first signing of his second spell at Anfield - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

I haven't seen enough of Rossi to make a judgment and I'm not a big fan of Adam at all but I agree with everything else you have said 100% there.

I have seen Rossi and he has been fantastic for Villareal. Something like 16 goals and 7 assists so far I think. He is only 23 too but United have a buyback clause. He will cost around 20 million and is better than Suarez imo.

For the third season in a row I can't help but feel that selling is a bigger challenge than buying. We need to shift the mediocre elements. A few shrewd purchases (NO half measures) and the reserve talent would improve us greatly.

We'll get buttons for the driftwood we have right now. Kenny needs to get them playing well in order for their stock to rise. unfortunately by the time this happens the windo will close. He'll have to buy now PLUS work on the driftwood. Get them playing well again then flog them in the summer as we'll all know by then that they are fair weather players and can't be relied upon.