You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Ron Yeats should be back. Tom Saunders stayed on longer. Ron is a great bloke.

He is a very approachable guy.

Among his lesser known achievements was running an extremely dodgy fast food bar in Kirkby Town Centre called 'Rascals' in the mid-80's when I worked there. Lunchtime special was Sausage Chips & Beans for 50p.

Great news, when was the last time we spotted a top player? And I'm not talking potential, I'm talking real quality. Probably Torres, and Rashid could have spotted him.

Alonso £6m plus 4m based on Apps

Riena £6m

Bought.

Missed out on Alves.

When was the last time anyone was signed for our club that was a complete unknown where you could say anyone who found him was worth all the money we pay him I would say it would be Sami

So i would say these so called scouts have been a drain on resources and anyone with a telly could do just as good as all the players linked with us are already on the radar of all the major clubs if Camolli is worth his job then we dont need what was in place before because it would just be a duplication of roles

I'm sure I read somewhere that Houllier got sent a video of Sami by some bloke working for a Finnish TV channel, so I don't even think the scouts can take the credit for that one either.

Trust me, Yeats takes credit for Hyypia. Every single time he's interviewed he takes credit for it.

Trust me, Yeats takes credit for Hyypia. Every single time he's interviewed he takes credit for it.

Hahaha, I remember coming back from Chester races and Big Ron was on our carriage so we went over and he joined in with a few tinnies with us and regaled us with stories. Most of them involving how he spotted Sami!

I think the story was that Yeats was scouting Bierhoff when Germany played Finland, and Sami was totally bossing him in the air and on the ground.