You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Same has been said about Comolli at his previous clubs, did Marcia not sign Suso?

I suspect even macia himself would admit he was a disaster. His reputation was so bad across Europe that Juve and Inter both refused to accept him as part of rafa's team when he was negotiating with those clubs last season!

Macia is also the man who apparently told David Silva - whom he has long claimed as his protege back from his days back at valenica - NOT to join liverpool back in 2009. Whilst handsomely rewarded by us.

And i won't even get on to the unlicensed Italian agents whom the club allegedly used...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the story was that Yeats was scouting Bierhoff when Germany played Finland, and Sami was totally bossing him in the air and on the ground.

TBH I can't even remember the story anymore because whenever he talks about Sami he has this look of such child-like delight that its impossible not to be captivated by it.

Macia is also the man who apparently told David Silva - whom he has long claimed as his protege back from his days back at valenica - NOT to join liverpool back in 2009. Whilst handsomely rewarded by us.

And i won't even get on to the unlicensed Italian agents whom the club allegedly used...

:lol:

Disaster of a post.

He is a very approachable guy.

Among his lesser known achievements was running an extremely dodgy fast food bar in Kirkby Town Centre called 'Rascals' in the mid-80's when I worked there. Lunchtime special was Sausage Chips & Beans for 50p.

Ron Yeats owned Rascals? I used to love the cone of chips with loads of vinegar and red sauce when I was a nipper. Memories!

Hang on, you say it was dodgy? Ah nuts.

The arrival of Comolli in November was destined to have repercussions for the existing European scouting team. He quickly brought on board Steve Hitchen, who was Tottenham Hotspur's principal overseas scout and is based in France, and the former chief scout Eduardo Macia left the club shortly after Christmas. Macia has now been followed by all but one of Liverpool's European scouts as Comolli restructures that department.

Liverpool owners set to attend Kenny Dalglish's Anfield homecoming | Football | The Guardian

• 8 months later...
Is that Championship Manager legend Mads Jorgensen?

He played for AGF and Brøndby. He big brother is Martin Jørgensen that played for Fiorentina and Udinese before returning to AGF.

So knowing CM, yeah he was probably hailed like the new Maradona on there.

Who's the one that was kept on? and what were the names of the others? I think our man in France Laurent Viaud was let go cos we just got Spurs' French scout, Steve something, can't remember his surname.

I assume Paul Johnson has been kept on as he worked quite closely with Kenny at the academy. Think his area is English youth football though.