You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan (H) 3-0 win

West Ham (A) 2-0 win

Man Utd (H) 1-0 win

Sunderland (A) 3-0 win

West Brom (A) 3-0 win

Man City (H) 2-1 win

Arsenal (A) 1-1

Birmingham (H) 3-0 win

Newcastle (H) 2-0 win

Fulham (A) 4-0 win

Spurs (H) 2-1 win

Villa (A) 2-0 win

We are more than capable of doing that, so I see no issues, we just need a few favors from the mancs and it's up to us to do the rest .

These are the remaining fixtures for us and the sides above us.

12/02 Man Utd v Man City, Arsenal v Wolves, Sunderland v Tottenham, Liverpool v Wigan

14/02 Fulham v Chelsea

22/02 Arsenal v Stoke, Blackpool v Tottenham

26/02 Wigan v Man Utd

27/02 West Ham v Liverpool

28/02 Man City v Fulham

01/03 Chelsea v Man Utd

05/03 Arsenal v Sunderland, Man City v Wigan, Liverpool v Man Utd, Wolves v Tottenham

07/03 Blackpool v Chelsea

19/03 Tottenham v West Ham, Man Utd v Bolton, West Brom v Arsenal

20/03 Sunderland v Liverpool, Chelsea v Man City

02/04 Arsenal v Blackburn, Man City v Sunderland, Stoke v Chelsea, West Brom v Liverpool, West Ham v Man Utd, Wigan v Tottenham

09/04 Blackpool v Arsenal, Chelsea v Wigan, Man Utd v Fulham, Tottenham v Stoke

10/04 Liverpool v Man City

16/04 Arsenal v Liverpool, Man City v Tottenham, Newcastle v Man Utd, West Brom v Chelsea, Blackburn v Man City, Bolton v Arsenal, Chelsea v West Ham, Liverpool v Birmingham, Man Utd v Everton, Tottenham v West Brom

30/04 Arsenal v Man Utd, Chelsea v Tottenham, Liverpool v Newcastle, Man City v West Ham

07/05 Everton v Man City, Fulham v Liverpool, Man Utd v Chelsea, Stoke v Arsenal, Tottenham v Blackpool

14/05 Arsenal v Aston Villa, Blackburn v Man Utd, Chelsea v Newcastle, Man City v Stoke

15/05 Liverpool v Tottenham

22/05 Aston Villa v Liverpool, Bolton v Man City, Everton v Chelsea, Fulham v Arsenal, Man Utd v Blackpool, Tottenham v Birmingham

To catch Chelsea/Spurs/City, we need at least two of them to drop 9 points out of the available 39 (for Spurs/Chelsea) or 36 (City).

If for a ludicrous context free example, we assume that Liverpool win all of our remaining games. Now let's assume that the other sides above us win all of theirs, with the higher placed team in the league today winning in the games between them, that would leave the table as:

1 Utd (90pts)

2 Arsenal (86pts)

3 City (79pts)

4 Liverpool (77pts)

5 Chelsea (74pts)

6 Spurs (74pts)

Obviously all of the teams will drop points outside these key fixtures, but it shows that it's possible.

I think we can win all the remaining games. The one which I think will be the toughest is Man City at home. Just think they are very hard to break down for the top teams. Can see that being a draw.

I hope if we do get 4th the fans and players don't celebrate wildly like Spurs did, that would be small time.

I know what you're saying. But if Kenny and the lads pull that one off from the starting point Kenny had when he took over, I will celebrate like a madman. It will be a fantastic lift for the club if we pull it off, not to mention it guarantees that Kenny will stay as manager.

Just thought I'd throw it out there cos Brownie said exactly the same thing at this stage last season. It shows how much expectations have changed in such a short time.

To celebrate 4th is arrogant. 4th place gets you into a qualification game, not the CL proper.

I knew you were being sarcastic, TK, but it really pissed me off last year when Sky kept building up that City v Spurs game as the game to decide who gets into the Champions League. Typical Sky arrogance with their best league in the world. The Blueshite know too well 4th guarantees nothing.

In saying that, 4th would be a fantastic achievement. It is still possible, we have the momentum and not much pressure on us to get 4th. I still think we can do it and if we pick up 6 points from Wigan & West Ham, I think the Chavs and Spurs could drop points. If we get closer to them before the Manc game, we can twat the Mancs and the players will definitely have the belief.