You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This seriously cannot be still continuing? I thought the FA were going to issue an ultimatum in "Late September"!

I'm pretty sure they did - I remember a thread on it shortly after I joined something like "Pisshead forced to speak to BBC".

Seems some ultimatums are less ultimate than others.

The hardcore fans can't stand him, especially since he would never speak out about the glazers, I think they're sharp enough to know he views their club as a vehicle for his own ego and wallet, nothing more. He's a fucking seriously strange man, unfortunately that's mainly what makes him a great manager.

lads i made a stupid post about wising ferguson dead yesterday. i was pissed on the drink all day yesterday it was bang out of order still no excuse for writing it. only realized what i write when i logged on this evening.i crossed line hands up........ ill be more careful in the futre.

It must have been killing him holding this in for a week:

"It was disappointing for Roy,'' said Ferguson. "I think there was obviously a bit of a campaign to get him out. There is no question about that.

"It's disappointing because he had the experience to do the job - but not the players, obviously. I don't know the full circumstances of how he was operating but you had the feeling through the media that he was on a hiding to nothing.''

"It was disappointing for Roy,'' said Ferguson. "I think there was obviously a bit of a campaign to get him out. There is no question about that.

"It's disappointing because he had the experience to do the job - but not the players, obviously. I don't know the full circumstances of how he was operating but you had the feeling through the media that he was on a hiding to nothing.''

Looks like he's getting worried already.

I think it's fairly obvious to anyone with a brain that any manager who had guided his club to its worst record in half a century would find himself the target of a campaign to get him out. But poor Roy....he was targeted by an unthinking mob of brainless supporters!

'Grasp the nettle'.

I love the article, fully respect the man for writing it, but what does he want to happen?

Ban Ferguson? Fine him for...?

That's the problem, what is the punishment for being a bullying pustule of a human?

Ideally it would be United who reign in their own man, ashamed of his actions. But the likes of Charlton are just as guilty, having suckled on the Premiership teat for two decades and grown fat on it.

No doubt that Winter, Samuel et al will now round on Syed in the coming days, no doubt at all, and they think they'll be doing it on behalf of the football fans everywhere. But if they ran a poll across all football fans, they'd fine that the vast majority agree 100% with Syed on this.

The only surprise about the article is that 'Rafas Rant' is not mentioned in some glowing retrospective way. God bless you Rafa, some of us appreciated what you were trying to do.

Guest San Don

ferguson's a busybody twat. As my old mum used to say, if you dont know the full circumstances about something, dont go fucking spouting to all and sundry!'

Talked sense my old mum did.

Fuck off ferguson.

He doesn't know what's going on here yet still feels obliged to comment. Meanwhile, it's all over the news that Grant will get the boot from West Ham with O'Neill stepping in. Although its not been confirmed as I write this, I'd imagine Whiskeynose and his LMA will keep schtum on that one, and if pushed for comment, will imply that Grant had it coming after poor results this season. Double standards? Of course not!

Or even worse the numerous 50/50 Liverpool and Man Utd scarves. Couldnt believe my eyes!

Surely no one bought one of those. Had to give one of my mates a talking to when he came to the Villa game and bought a half&half scarf. What a tool!

Big European games,maybe. Games against other English clubs, no.