You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golden Eagles v Wolves. Awesome

billybonzo

That was awesome viewing. I didn't realise how big the talons were. And in the one or two instances where it looked like the wolf was having a go back, another eagle swooped in to help.

* On a different note, but this reminds me, in the first few months we were over here our next door neighbour came running over to tell us to get the dog in the house right away as an eagle had been spotted in the area. (We have a Jack Russell - spirited, but having seen this video, it would have been all over quick).

Wow. Mongolian hooligans engaging in animal blood sports?

If they had a Kappa tracksuit on and a scally accent on the ralla people would struggle to summon such wonderment so readily.

There were a few bigger birds that used to stalk us when we were still running round with clubs. I hope the wolf can find one and train it.

• 7 years later...

Our work gave some money to the farm at Croxteth Park last year so a couple of us had a tour one day before it opened to the public. They'd set up an aviary so they had all these kestrels and falcons in a shed, all tied onto their perches, which all looked great. But they also had another separate room for a bird that had to be kept on its own - fella opens the door and it's a massive fucking golden eagle. It turned it's head and looked at us all and gave a look of "what the fuck are you all looking at then?" I couldn't believe how big it was - i'd never seen one that close and to be honest i'd never paid much attention to them on tv shows at all. I'm not an animal person at all, but it was a breathtaking creature. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I watched BBC Storyville: Eagle Huntress a couple of years ago. About a little Mongolian girl who wants to follow in her father's footsteps and become a champion Eagle hunter.

Typical Storyville, typically brilliant. It'll still be on iPlayer.

Yeah I've seen it, it's fab.