You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb’s kids have been in the press this morning denying their dad is a Man Utd fan. “Our dad has always been a big football fan, but he’s a fan of the game and never had allegiance to any particular club. Any suggestions otherwise are extremely hurtful to our dad as a professional and to us as a family” stated his children George, Bobby, Alex, Eric and Cristiano.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Webb’s kids have been in the press this morning denying their dad is a Man Utd fan. “Our dad has always been a big football fan, but he’s a fan of the game and never had allegiance to any particular club. Any suggestions otherwise are extremely hurtful to our dad as a professional and to us as a family” stated his children George, Bobby, Alex, Eric and Cristiano.

Bu-fucking-hu kids, I'm sorry to tell you this but your father is bent like an Afghan traffic wardon....

He isn't even facing the right way when the challenge is made. Look:

Steven Gerrard red card v Manchester United

And as for the penalty, there is no contact whatsoever.

Ryan Giggs v Liverpool

I don't think Webb made the decision to sent SG off, when he was telling all the players to go away, he was stalling - waiting for the fourth official to review the replay to let him know if both feet left the ground, i think the fourth official made the decision to send SG to the changing room.

I don't think Webb made the decision to sent SG off, when he was telling all the players to go away, he was stalling - waiting for the fourth official to review the replay to let him know if both feet left the ground, i think the fourth official made the decision to send SG to the changing room.

I doubt that's true. If it were, then we have more than a case to appeal the red card. It wouldn't do any good though because they would just deny it.

The fourth official can & will, as said the rules changed this year.

this may help a little

The third major change is the role of the fourth official at matches. Previously he (or she) was allowed only to assist the referee's decision-making in instances of violent conduct or mistaken identity, while now the remit has been extended to include everything on the pitch.

Walton was keen to explain to the players that in reality, however, extra officials will only become involved in major decisions on serious offences, where perhaps they have had a better view than the referee.

It was an instance of this that saw Valencia's Carlos Marchena sent off against Atletico Madrid in February, after he had handballed out of the referee's sight, an offence seen by the fourth official.

COMING TO TERMS WITH: NEW RULES | Latest Chelsea News | Team & Transfer News | Chelsea FC | Chelsea

It really is surprising that the PFA are backing Ryan Babel. Robbie Fowler was hung out to dry by the FA after his Le Saux piss take, and the PFA didn't attempt the "sense of humour" defence back then.

On a totally unrelated topic, does Babel pay a bigger contribution to the PFA than Fowler?

He's more crooked than Agger's back and an egotistical, flouncing cunt to boot.

Well in to Babel because I think, after the derby, we'll have seen the back of him.

Have I missed this, is Webb reffing the derby at Anfield?

Fuck me, he'll be in for a shitstorm if he is....

But he'll fuck us over before the end, we can be sure of that!!