You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He's a fucking liability in this fixture now. It's telling that the only ref to get every decision right in a ManU vs Liverpool fixture is Peter Walton, when he covered the 4-1 game. He called both penalties right, and got the sending off spot on too.

That wasn't Peter Walton. It was Alan Wiley who reffed the 4-1 win.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're off when you leave the ground two-footed, why did Rafael's challenge on Meireles a second before not even merit a free-kick?

I have no problem with Gerrard's sending off. The penalty was an obvious dive and a fucking atrocious decision to make in the first thirty seconds of a cup game, especially when lino with a far better view didn't call it. But if you're going to send Gerrard off for that, you have to penalise Rafael too.

Definitely a bent cunt.

Spot on mate!

Why was Webb given this game? After the Valencia fiasco and the failure to red card two united players in the league fixture, one for the foul for the pen (last man) or the foul on Torres resulting in the free-kick which brought it back to 2-2.........

Ferguson was happy enough with him last time so I suppose he was a shoe in!

Howard Webb - MBE (Manchesters best employee).

If ever there was an excuse to make referee's come out and explain their decisions, his handling of these games is it. Otherwise it looks a little like corruption.

Howard Webb - MBE (Manchesters best employee).

If ever there was an excuse to make referee's come out and explain their decisions, his handling of these games is it. Otherwise it looks a little like corruption.

Both decisions were debatable. Plenty of neutrals think it was a red and a penalty. I think probably a sending off but not a penalty.

It's subjective and definitely not evidence of corruption or anything like. More of a homer ref. Which most of them are. That pen wouldn't have been given to Utd at Anfield in similar circumstances.

Both decisions were debatable. Plenty of neutrals think it was a red and a penalty. I think probably a sending off but not a penalty.

It's subjective and definitely not evidence of corruption or anything like. More of a homer ref. Which most of them are. That pen wouldn't have been given to Utd at Anfield in similar circumstances.

If Webb was the ref it defo would have been given - I'm not just talking about his decisions today, I'm talking about many many decisions from him.

You can ignore them if it suits your argument - many won't.

Lets start a compaign against Howard Webb, so he wont be our referee at OT anymore.

How about Gerrard saves us the trouble by coming out and saying he thinks Webb is biased against us and shouldn't ref our games.

He's already got a 3 match ban, fuck em, might as well make it a 5 match ban and never have to worry about seeing Webb near us again.

Make yourself useful Stevie, pop the kettle on then phone up Winter.

Why was Webb given this game? After the Valencia fiasco and the failure to red card two united players in the league fixture, one for the foul for the pen (last man) or the foul on Torres resulting in the free-kick which brought it back to 2-2.........

Ferguson was happy enough with him last time so I suppose he was a shoe in!

Like most refs at OT, he is weak, and wants to do well for his whiskey nosed chum.

He's a policeman, so couldnt be corrupt or dishonest.

No seriously.

I mean it.

Genuinely.

Ok, maybe.

If you're off when you leave the ground two-footed, why did Rafael's challenge on Meireles a second before not even merit a free-kick?

I have no problem with Gerrard's sending off. The penalty was an obvious dive and a fucking atrocious decision to make in the first thirty seconds of a cup game, especially when lino with a far better view didn't call it. But if you're going to send Gerrard off for that, you have to penalise Rafael too.

Definitely a bent cunt.

Nor do I but I think without the crowd reaction and the crowding which ensued, he doesn't send him off. He's gutless.

My only argument is that Webb isn't dishonest or on the take.

My argument is you don't know that - you don't think he is. None of us want to think he is and that's the point I was making - if ever there was cause for discussion/explanation about his decisions today is (or should be) the trigger.

He certainly shouldn't be allowed to referee any more of our games given the number of "mistakes" he has made in high profile games involving us. Not saying that he's corrupt, on the take, biased against Liverpool/scousers, mentally weak, incompetent, an embarrassment to his profession or anything like that. Still though, best to be on the safe side.

Sky reporting Babel is in the shit for posting link to webb in an AIG shirt.

What are they going to do though, really? Fuck them. They should look at their shitty officials first. They won't though, will they? Shower of fucking gobshites. I hate them.

what a fucking suprise

he's a decent ref, till either us or the scum are on the pitch and when both are, well.....

thats the post i made upon finding out he was reffing and went on to be proven right

the fucking tosser, never a penalty in a million years and regardless of whether its a sending off or not (yellow for me) the cunt clearly didnt think it was as he didnt even give a free kick till he saw Crappick rolling around

Linda_Pizzuti Webb is, how do you say politely... a challenge to agree with, even by referee standards.

about 5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

:inlove:

How is she not in shit? Or the other 100000000x people who were saying he's a cheating knobhead? The FA are taking the piss. They need to look at their own cheating refs!

I hope Ryan doesn't get in shit. He doesn't deserve that.