paulb1

Thank You Roy Hodgson

We're revered for being knowledgeable and gracious football fans so please say thank you to Roy. He took the wrong job at the wrong time; he will be a footnote in the history of Liverpool and will have to live with the fact that he's the first manager in 60 years who hasn’t won a trophy. Whatever anyone might say about his credentials or inability to say the right the right thing I believe he was a good man out of his depth.

I believe when asked if he would take the job he thought "fuck it, its a pension one way or the other".

He understood nothing about the club from day one.

6 months of dragging LFC through the shit does not merit any thanks.

No sympathy and no gratitude here.

Anyone off of the Kop could have done better. And not for £3million.

Good riddance.

He had zero respect for the fans, he'll get zero respect from me.

I screamed with joy at the news of his sacking, I'm not going to pretend now he's gone that all is forgiven.

Hope I never see him again.

I'm delighted this whole episode is over and really happy to have King Kenny back. I can't really thank Roy for the job he did because it was so poor.

I can sympathise a little with the fact that he probably didn't realise he wasn't up to it and had genuine hopes of making it work and obviously we all wish it had gone a lot better as it's been a painful few months for all concerned. I can thank him for going by mutual consent, if true, and I don't hold any grudge.

I wish him all the best as someone elses problem.

Mistaking LFC for Fulham. Had absolutely no idea from the first minute to the last.

Said on SSN today that he still wanted to carry on when he was told it was over. Completely clueless to the bitter end.

The worst part of his tenure was him trying to pull the wool over our eyes with some shite third rate garbage.

The fact he holds the record for the shortest reign of our manager just sums this shambles of a season up perfectly.

Mistaking LFC for Fulham. Had absolutely no idea from the first minute to the last.

Said on SSN today that he still wanted to carry on when he was told it was over. Completely clueless to the bitter end.

The worst part of his tenure was him trying to pull the wool over our eyes with some shite third rate garbage.

The fact he holds the record for the shortest reign of our manager just sums this shambles of a season up perfectly.

Would you like a Smint?

• Upvote 1

We're revered for being knowledgeable and gracious football fans so please say thank you to Roy. He took the wrong job at the wrong time; he will be a footnote in the history of Liverpool and will have to live with the fact that he's the first manager in 60 years who hasn’t won a trophy. Whatever anyone might say about his credentials or inability to say the right the right thing I believe he was a good man out of his depth.

I do believe that Hodgson is a good man, but why should I thank him ?

His tenure was downright depressing.

Because we are Liverpool even if he's not.

I understand what you mean and I agree with you, I think it's best just leaving it. Not making a point of being a cunt about him, but not giving him an honourary life role or some shite like that.

No need for a thread calling him a cunt and no need for a thread saying "ta la", you dig?

I'd like to stick with the initial sentiment of the thread and say thank you to Roy too. You gave it a go, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Good luck with whatever you do next.

is this a joke?

roy, you can suck my juicy fat dick before you leave if you like, theres your thanks.

fuck off back to the south, or meet up with your ol' pal ferguson, just never come back here.

and did somebody say we won? please somebody explain to me what we've won?

Thanks Roy, you should have never been offered the job and I blame the people responsible for this more than I blame you.

Yeah. That's good.

Anyone else?

I'm sorry I can't be gracious

He should have resigned ages ago. I will leave out the expletives but he has done untold damage to the club and taken the fans for a ride .

I think we should be more angry with the utter clueless twats who appointed him though.