You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thank You Roy Hodgson

paulb1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think "Thank you" is the right term. I have nothing to thank him for.

That said, I do give him best wishes.

I knew from the outset it would end like this. However, it may prove to have been a good appointment in the long run, as it may be that it helped get rid of H&G. Selling the club to people who haven't got a clue about football (Fenway) with the "current best manager in England" in place may have been a deal maker as it looks good on paper.

We got them, now we have got Kenny. All things considered, not bad.

I don't thank him, but I do wish him all the best. He tried, but was never anything but a short-term (and ultimately expensive) answer.

We're revered for being knowledgeable and gracious football fans so please say thank you to Roy. He took the wrong job at the wrong time; he will be a footnote in the history of Liverpool and will have to live with the fact that he's the first manager in 60 years who hasn’t won a trophy. Whatever anyone might say about his credentials or inability to say the right the right thing I believe he was a good man out of his depth.

He's gone, get over it.

He made me hate the game, but thank you for the UEFA cup knock out stage. But that is all.

At the same time I can fully understand you don't turn down being manager of Liverpool FC. Who would?

Go sort out West Ham now, Roy. London needs you.

Edited by Skrtel Milk

Thank him for what exactly? For the shitty football he had us playing, the shitty things he said about the club and people associated with it, for Konchesky, Poulsen and Jones?

All I can think off, is to thank him for Raul Mereiles, who despite his managers best efforts to turn him into a shitty right midfielder has still shown enough class to suggest he'll be a good player for us.

And that final statement bemoaning the lack of an opportunity to put his stamp on the squad? How is it that people are praising that? All that guff about Liverpool being a great club etc, where was that attitude when he was managing us?

His actions, while in charge of Liverpool Football Club did not any point give the impression of a man who believed that he was managing one of the world's great football clubs.

Will not be missed. But we will keep hearing about him, and how he's been hard done by, for the foreseeable future. So no, I'd rather not thank him at all. I still can't believe he was hired in the first place.

He could have stayed at Fulham for a year or 2, had a good run in the cup/europe/top 8 finish/whatever, further enhanced (what was) a very good reputation, then walked into the england job. Instead he chose to join a club that was in the shit- debt, yanks, looming bankruptcy etc. a club whose fans regard anything less than the title as failure (we do, because it is). I'm sure he came with the best of intentions, and gave it his best shot.

We are Liverpool, we conduct ourselves with pride and dignity- for we have much to be proud of.

Roy, thank you for the time and effort you have given, and I wish you every success in the future.

Has he gone? ....Cunt.

I dont buy into "he's a nice guy" media driven garabge.

He blames everyone else for his own failures as a manager.

When Mr Alex Ferguson accused torres of cheating he didn't stand up for him and left the door open for him to be sold.

He had a pop at glen johnson in the media

He had a pop at joe cole in the media

He smiled and shook hands with david moyes like he won the F*ckin lotto when everton handed us our arse at goodison after the game.

He said very early when the new owners came in they would have to pay him off to get rid of him

He blamed the previous manager on the squad he inherited, instead of taking a positive attitude and doing the best he could with a squad full of international players.

Roy imo is not a nice guy and im glad to see the back of him.

I dont buy into "he's a nice guy" media driven garabge.

He blames everyone else for his own failures as a manager.

When Mr Alex Ferguson accused torres of cheating he didn't stand up for him and left the door open for him to be sold.

He had a pop at glen johnson in the media

He had a pop at joe cole in the media

He smiled and shook hands with david moyes like he won the F*ckin lotto when everton handed us our arse at goodison after the game.

He said very early when the new owners came in they would have to pay him off to get rid of him

He blamed the previous manager on the squad he inherited, instead of taking a positive attitude and doing the best he could with a squad full of international players.

Roy imo is not a nice guy and im glad to see the back of him.

Agreed.

He even had his journo mate give Nando a dressing down.

Roy,

Thank you for Christian Poulson.

Thank you for Paul Konchesky.

Thank you for long ball football.

Thank you for criticising the fans.

Thank you for spending 2.5 mil on a back up goalie.

Thank you for defending Torres.

Thank you for being Fergies best mate.

Thank you for our historic win at Bolton.

Thank you for not losing 6-0 to Man City.

Thank you for man marking.

Thank you for defending deep.

Thank you for our wonderful Goodison display.

Thank you for reminding us every week how qualified you are.

Thank you for lowering our expectations.

Thank you for that face rub.

Thank you for alienating our best assets.

Thank you for turning Pepe more English.

Thank you for your defeatist attitude.

Thank you for knowing nothing about LFC.

But most of all thank you for turning the most successful club in English football history into Fulham.

Thank you Roy.

In the words of Julius Caesars cousin, " Is venit is saw is deficio"

He came, he saw, he failed.

I wish him luck with what he does next, but as to thanks?

Only thing I can maybe thank him for is, today is a good day to be a Red again.

He knew nothing about the Liverpool Way and came here for the money, worst appointment in modern footballing history surely?

Anyone in this thread saying 'thanks for trying roy, nice bloke etc' who was in other threads calling him a 'cunt' and all that 'Woy' shit when he was our manager can fuck right off. Hypocrites.

We're revered for being knowledgeable and gracious football fans so please say thank you to Roy. He took the wrong job at the wrong time; he will be a footnote in the history of Liverpool and will have to live with the fact that he's the first manager in 60 years who hasn’t won a trophy. Whatever anyone might say about his credentials or inability to say the right the right thing I believe he was a good man out of his depth.

Agreed and I was his number one critic from day one as he should never have been given the job and for those who were prepared to look at the stats and the way his teams played football coupled with his loser history as a manager this was most certainly the worst appointment made by LFC since before Shanks.

However it was not Roy's fault, Purslow is the cunt here. Roy is a good knowledgable football man you can get inferior teams to compete and as my Fulham mate said if he had really thought it through he should have known it would never have worked out but he obviously wanted to take his shot and its not his fault it was offered to him

Hopefully he goes back to Fulhan now and does what he does best

Good luck Roy

He knew nothing about the Liverpool Way and came here for the money, worst appointment in modern footballing history surely?

Anyone in this thread saying 'thanks for trying roy, nice bloke etc' who was in other threads calling him a 'cunt' and all that 'Woy' shit when he was our manager can fuck right off. Hypocrites.

He didnt come here for the money he came for the glory and it wasnt his fault the job was offered to him.