You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in Fuge et al. I was just finishing my Fidel Castro Ceeeegar that I had been saving for a special occasion and was going to start a thread entitled 'A rallying call'...not about getting behind Kenny, anyone of a sane mind and Liverpool blood will do that, but about a boycott of Sky.

I cancelled after the General Election as I considered the behaviour of that fat cut Boulton and the stinking Ginger fannyed cunt Burley to be entirely unacceptable. It is obvious to anyone and everyone that it isn't just the 'News' arm of Murdochs Empire that should be boycotted, the Sports wing is also just as agenda driven and poisonous. We already suspected it, in fact we knew it, but the last few weeks and more importantly the last few days have shown us what they are all about.

The issue with the ousting of Hicks and Gillette was nothing short of one eyed poison, but they have outdone themselves over the last week. Richard Keys et al are like the walking, talking S*n and if we boycotted that rag and made it stick, then we should do the same with Sky.

I implore every Liverpool fan on this board to do what I did, vote with your wallet and ring up Sky and tell them exactly why you are cancelling. They are a fucking disgrace, a vote for Sky is a vote for Murdoch, Cameron, Ferguson and every other malicious and pervasive influence in modern 'Culture'.

They are fucking despicable cunts, pure and simple. As Liverpool people and fans and for the most part right thinking individuals with a belief in what is right and social justice, these parasites need to be taught a fuckig lesson.

Horrible, horrible agenda driven fucking scum is all they are. Malicious, sound bite, newsworthy, right wing, clique supporting fuckstains.

Jib them off, do your bit, feel better about yourselves and never have to listen to Keys, Gray, Burley, Boulton, Merson, Le Tissier and the rest of the paid fucking lackeys ever again. Plus, you save yourself a good few bob each month.

Fuck them and do it today.

Spot on Paddy lad. If I could rep you I would. I seem to spend half my life at work telling dumb brums all of the above. If there was another channel to watch the game on I wouldn't even look at a Sky broadcast. I'm certainly proud to say I've never subscribed and never will. We have a TV in the 'break out area' at work which usually has the news channel on. Every time I pass it I have to change from Sky to BBC. Sky, Rupert Murdoch, News International and Talkshite all need shutting down.

Their biased reporting of the situation this morning was a disgrace, as I mentioned in the other thread.

"Liverpool fans are split"

"A working man's city wanting a man to lose his job"

"Rafa's team"

"Liverpool fans are often accused of living in the past, is this further proof?"

blah blah blah, load of fuckin shite but entirely predictable.

The contrast in the reporting of Hodgson's dismissal and Rafa's is huge. They couldn't wait to put the boot in on Rafa when he went, yet Roy has been hard done too. It's a load of shite. As PB15 mentioned, it's similar to their disgustingly pro-Cameron election coverage. Impartial my bollocks.

Are we on Sky tomorrow or terrestrial? If it's Sky, you can bet your last penny that Grey, Keys, Redcrap and Tyler will all have their obituary's written for the hard done to Hodgson. The excuses will be out and the blame will be shifted.

I genuinely thank Roy for his efforts. He hasn't gone out to cause us harm but he's just not good enough and never will be. You can't blame him for taking the job, you blame the idiots who offered him it in the first place. But today I'm delighted, I feel like we have our club back. Roy was one of them, he belonged to the establishment, the LMA Ferguson clique, the southern press. I'm made up we have a Liverpool man through and through back at the helm, someone who'll tell them all to fuck off and fight our corner.

Their biased reporting of the situation this morning was a disgrace, as I mentioned in the other thread.

"Rafa's team"

"Liverpool fans are often accused of living in the past, is this further proof?"

The contrast in the reporting of Hodgson's dismissal and Rafa's is huge. They couldn't wait to put the boot in on Rafa when he went, yet Roy has been hard done too. It's a load of shite. As PB15 mentioned, it's similar to their disgustingly pro-Cameron election coverage. Impartial my bollocks.

Are we on Sky tomorrow or terrestrial? If it's Sky, you can bet your last penny that Grey, Keys, Redcrap and Tyler will all have their obituary's written for the hard done to Hodgson. The excuses will be out and the blame will be shifted.

I genuinely thank Roy for his efforts. He hasn't gone out to cause us harm but he's just not good enough and never will be. You can't blame him for taking the job, you blame the idiots who offered him it in the first place. But today I'm delighted, I feel like we have our club back. Roy was one of them, he belonged to the establishment, the LMA Ferguson clique, the southern press. I'm made up we have a Liverpool man through and through back at the helm, someone who'll tell them all to fuck off and fight our corner.

Spot on mate.

Stick your sat dish up ya arse's, sky.

I get the feeling that the real annoyance is coming from the fact that a lot of the media seem to think that we should have just excepted our new found mediocrity and learned to live with it.

I think our treatment of Roy was very tame when you compare it to how some other supporters clubs act. 4 points off relegation, we had every right to call for a change in management, but the media think NO, JUST EXCEPT YOU ARE NOW SHIT, leave honest & charming Roy alone you scouse bastards!

I get the feeling that the real annoyance is coming from the fact that a lot of the media seem to think that we should have just excepted our new found mediocrity and learned to live with it.

I think our treatment of Roy was very tame when you compare it to how some other supporters clubs act. 4 points off relegation, we had every right to call for a change in management, but the media think NO, JUST EXCEPT YOU ARE NOW SHIT, leave honest & charming Roy alone you scouse bastards!

Exactly. They just want us to lie down and die. Fuck that. We're fighting back. They can get to fuck if they think we're just going to slip quietly into the abyss all the while they're laughing their tits off.

Scum media can fuck off. We're not done yet. Not by a long shot.

"Rafa's team"

Tell me that, when they give us our share of the Premiership tv prize money, CL tv prize money, millions per each home game they screen, which contributes to our financial state.

Sky have revolutionised the way football is shown in this part of the world. Before them, stadiums were in most cases, dumps, there were a handful of live games per year, a half-hearted irregular poorly-timed highlights show, and no 24h rolling sports news coverage, hardly any magazine shows or documentaries. We were relying here on a poor BBC Radio reception for most of our football coverage. Most of the all-seater stadiums you see today, would not have been possible without Sky's cash. When ITV Digital fucked up and threatened to put half of English football into administration, they jumped in to the rescue. Most clubs survived.

Nowadays, they show most of our games for our fans comfort, with many options to watch the games from. So even if you can't be at the stadium, most Reds don't have to miss out like we used to. Until 1990, BBC and ITV ignored the European Cup Final live unless a British team was involved. In 91, ITV showed it because Chris Waddle was playing, while the following year, BBC showed it because it was at Wembley. From then on, ITV won the rights and showed one game per round, with a weekly highlights show. Sky entered the CL game in 2003, covered every game, and were chosen by UEFA as the broadcaster to organise the 2005 CL final coverage. The view of those famous penalties that went worldwide is all Sky's work.

There remain issues, around ko times and poor quality analysis, but in return for their money and coverage now, we get the odd snippet of home truths here and there. We're 12th in the league for a reason. I think I can live with that coverage.

Edited by mypost

Tell me that, when they give us our share of the Premiership tv prize money, CL tv prize money, millions per each home game they screen, and transfer funds.

Sky have revolutionised the way football is shown in this part of the world. Before them, stadiums were in most cases, dumps, there were a handful of live games per year, a half-hearted irregular poorly-timed highlights show, and no 24h rolling sports news coverage, hardly any magazine shows or documentaries. We were relying here on a poor BBC Radio reception for most of our football coverage. Most of the all-seater stadiums you see today, would not have been possible without Sky's cash. When ITV Digital fucked up and threatened to put half of English football into administration, they jumped in to the rescue. Most clubs survived.

Nowadays, they show most of our games for our fans comfort, with many options to watch the games from. So even if you can't be at the stadium, most Reds don't have to miss out like we used to. Until 1990, BBC and ITV ignored the European Cup Final live unless a British team was involved. In 91, ITV showed it because Chris Waddle was playing, while the following year, BBC showed it because it was at Wembley. From then on, ITV won the rights and showed one game per round, with a weekly highlights show. Sky entered the CL game in 2003, covered every game, and were chosen by UEFA as the broadcaster to organise the 2005 CL final coverage. The view of those famous penalties that went worldwide is all Sky's work.

There remain issues, around ko times and poor quality analysis, but in return for their money and coverage now, we get the odd snippet of home truths here and there. We're 12th in the league for a reason. I think I can live with it.

You've totally missed the point that I was trying to make.

Mypost, you might want to consider that the Premier League clubs negotiate collectively, and that Sky have a monopoly on the rights (not 100%, but as near as damn it to render the others irrelevant). Of course we would take their money as there are no alternatives. Sky do this with all the clubs, saying "you're happy to take our money, so we'll report how we like". However, the manner in which they report on Liverpool is ridiculously agenda-driven. I have several friends who don't support LFC, and even they can see the ridiculousness of some of the myths put out by Sky regarding our club such as zonal marking, net spend and all the other bullshit that gets the twats salivating.

If the clubs were allowed to negotiate individual deals, then Liverpool would command a lot more than they currently get. If Sky wanted to seal those rights, they'd have to do a monumental about-turn on how the report on and portray the club. It would be in their interest to put everything in a glowing light to gain subscribers (or at least not lose many) and it flies in the face of everything they've said with regards to the club over the years.

Also, consider this. As posted on another thread, why have Sky never once claimed that Fulham's current struggles are as a result of the squad Hodgson left behind, as they did with Rafa? They've chosen to blame Fulham's current woes on the current manager Mark Hughes instead, and even then they've not been scathing about it. Because he's also British. Yes, I'll bring in that argument because it's Sky that report first on any LMA angle, and they only talk to people who they know will run that agenda because it gives them copy, ratings and has the salivating mongs carry the rest of the story with bullshit and half-truths that become fact. Which they then follow up to report as expert opinion.

Tell me that, when they give us our share of the Premiership tv prize money, CL tv prize money, millions per each home game they screen, which contributes to our financial state.

There remain issues, around ko times and poor quality analysis, but in return for their money and coverage now, we get the odd snippet of home truths here and there. We're 12th in the league for a reason. I think I can live with that coverage.

You can have all that and shove it as far as im concerned.

Bring me the days of sat 3pm kick offs watching the Reds, No opionated sky pundits some who have never been managers spouting off their opinion, which means fuck all.

Hearing about transfers via teletext or the radio.

Players who are'nt paid obscene amounts of money to play football, and mixed with the fans.

Players who cared about the team and not as much about their contracts.

unbiased less self opinionated commentary, a time when journalists having their own opinion page in a newspaper would have been laughed at.

I miss those days.

You've totally missed the point that I was trying to make.

Agreed. This is not about the quality of the product that Sky put out. They do a very good job of covering football matches. In the same way that The Sunday Times does a very good job of putting together a Sunday newspaper: its very well formatted and very user friendly. The news coverage however, is entirely biased towards the wishes of Rupert Murdoch. The views promoted are those of Rupert Murdoch. The bottom line of everything they do and everything they promote is profit at the expense of morals, at the expense of values, at the expense of principles. Sky is the same.

They have a monopoly, so we are invariably forced to watch Sky when we want to follow our team and we can't get to the game. But if there was another choice, I and many others would gladly take it.

It is scary when you look in the supermarkets on a Sunday morning at how many copies of the Sunday Times get shipped in compared to the rest of the Sunday papers. If Murdoch had his way he would control the whole of the media and thereby influence the views of the majority of the public, all in his favour.

If we loose our independent thought we are truly fucked. Don't give that up for the sake of a comfortably packaged product!

Edited by Toddler

Sky have revolutionised the way football is shown in this part of the world. Before them, stadiums were in most cases, dumps, there were a handful of live games per year, a half-hearted irregular poorly-timed highlights show, and no 24h rolling sports news coverage, hardly any magazine shows or documentaries.

I remember those days ......it was fucking ace.

Hold on to your seats ! Now that the London media has perceived that 'The Liverpool Supporters' have got rid of that 'Nice man Roy' they will be into Kenny at every opportunity. They did not like him first time round.Now every defeat or poor performance they will pile into him.