You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unless the internet is broken, I don't see the point in watching football on Sky

You must get amazing streams. I don't have sky living out here but I would never trade in my football channels. They love Liverpool over here so we are often the match chosen for the HD channel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There aren't 2 best supported teams in the world. One is a club going through thin times with ultra passionate proactive fans, the other has a bunch of bandwagon jumpers, who barely know what a ball looks like, and are content to sit in shit.

No club has the right to dictate their tv rights in England, regardless how big or small they are. I think centralised rights are good, it's easier for fans to see games. PPV was thankfully abolished in 2007. I fear with non-centralised rights, clubs may look at it again, if it stood to earn them extra money. Compared to Spain, where clubs shunt around the networks, and ko's are arranged barely a week before the game. The LFP suggested clubs breaking away from the big 2 and forming their own league recently.

The next EPL rights will be awarded in about 12-18 months time, Sky can only possibly win 5 of the 6 live packages. He who bids most wins.

Basically, I believe the opposite of almost everything said in this post.

There aren't 2 best supported teams in the world. One is a club going through thin times with ultra passionate proactive fans, the other has a bunch of bandwagon jumpers, who barely know what a ball looks like, and are content to sit in shit.

No club has the right to dictate their tv rights in England, regardless how big or small they are. I think centralised rights are good, it's easier for fans to see games. PPV was thankfully abolished in 2007. I fear with non-centralised rights, clubs may look at it again, if it stood to earn them extra money. Compared to Spain, where clubs shunt around the networks, and ko's are arranged barely a week before the game. The LFP suggested clubs breaking away from the big 2 and forming their own league recently.

The next EPL rights will be awarded in about 12-18 months time, Sky can only possibly win 5 of the 6 live packages. He who bids most wins.

Unless Sky ditch their Utd and Sir Ginsoak bias other big clubs such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham are right to question the current order of things....

You must get amazing streams. I don't have sky living out here but I would never trade in my football channels. They love Liverpool over here so we are often the match chosen for the HD channel

If there was an alternative to Sky, then I would watch football on TV. But there isn't, so I don't. Luckily we also have access to radio broadcasts as well as the replays on the LFC channel in this country.

I'm with RIS on this one. I wouldn't trade it in for streams. I fucking hate streams, even more than I hate Sky. I couldn't live without being able to watch the cricket or La Liga. Take tonight for instance, it will kill me trying to get a stream because the quality is shit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If Liverpool matches could somehow be switched to ESPN, then I'd definitely consider subscribing. Don't know how realistic that is.

In the current format, it simply isn't.

I'd love to subscribe to a Liverpool channel on Freeview. Hate Sky/Murdoch and wouldn't want to give them any of my hard earned cash

That's what Mr Henry wants apparently he's not happy the brand he's bought is sharing a massive amount of the money from TV rights they don't deserve.

Hasn't John Henry touched on this? He isn't happy about sky showing the majority of our matches and it is his vision for every Liverpool fan around the world to pay a reasonable price per month to watch every LFC game available.

Not sure that will be allowed by the rulers that be IE Sly etc.

I do like the idea and we could do worse than look into what Barca do im sure.

The PL don't get much right but the way they distribute TV money is far fairer than the spanish model. How much more lopsided would the league be if the top 4/5 negotiated their own deals?

Not sure how the tv rights work all I've seen is the new owner are not happy with having a worldwide brand and having to share what they think is their money with lesser known footballing brands.

The PL don't get much right but the way they distribute TV money is far fairer than the spanish model. How much more lopsided would the league be if the top 4/5 negotiated their own deals?

Can see were you are coming from as it makes the league more competitive but I'd be happy with breaking up sly majority on sports.

I'm with RIS on this one. I wouldn't trade it in for streams. I fucking hate streams, even more than I hate Sky. I couldn't live without being able to watch the cricket or La Liga. Take tonight for instance, it will kill me trying to get a stream because the quality is shit.

LiveOnlineFooty.com

£3/month. Quality streams. Fuck Sky!!

Like I was saying it'll only take us and the mancs to say fuck you and the league will dance to our tune

Won't happen. The rights are negotiated between the networks and the FA. The clubs are not involved in the negotiations. The last time there was a major dispute was 1985, and there was no televised football on UK screens until Christmas. You're not allowed to negotiate your own rights as in Spain or Italy.

Clubs tried the same in Scotland, after Sky walked out on the SPL. No football was played until a collective deal was agreed.

Won't happen. The rights are negotiated between the networks and the FA. The clubs are not involved in the negotiations. The last time there was a major dispute was 1985, and there was no televised football on UK screens until Christmas. You're not allowed to negotiate your own rights as in Spain or Italy.

Clubs tried the same in Scotland, after Sky walked out on the SPL. No football was played until a collective deal was agreed.

The Premier League are seperate from the FA, they as a group of 20 clubs sort out the T.V deals.

That's what Mr Henry wants apparently he's not happy the brand he's bought is sharing a massive amount of the money from TV rights they don't deserve.

Funny you should say this as i was chatting with someone who is good with this stuff not long ago.

He said that all tv agreements go through the prem lg who have a deal with... you guessed it Sky.

So to be able to bypass them and show the games on say, NESN or LFCTV we would have to purchase all the games for every team. Its designed, as most things, to be untouchable for others outside the elite. Look at what happened when Satanta tried.