You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy gone, Kenny taking over...

dave u

Too many shithouses in our squad will quickly learn that they now have no where to hide. The fall guy has gone now, and if they don't perform no one will be giving them the benefit of the doubt now. Hodgson was totally out of his depth yes, but he's been massively let down by this squad. They could hide behind Roy, that won't happen with Kenny.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many shithouses in our squad will quickly learn that they now have no where to hide. The fall guy has gone now, and if they don't perform no one will be giving them the benefit of the doubt now. Hodgson was totally out of his depth yes, but he's been massively let down by this squad. They could hide behind Roy, that won't happen with Kenny.

That is what I'm hoping and expecting Andy. While I don't condone some of the attitudes and performances from some this season, I could perhaps acknowledge that it has been a soul sapping experience.

If they can't respect Kenny, then they won't play for anyone and they need bombing.

A new manager is supposed to add a bounce factor to a club, not a slide factor, hopefuly Kenny giving the team orders and being in the dugout will be the wake up call for some and remind them what wearing that Red shirt is all about.

First two games...United away, Blueshite at home, no bigger or better occasions to show what you have in the ticker and guts departments.

I dunno mate, I hoped that would happen afer Rafa was sacked. I felt too many players weren't giving a shit during last season and that a new manager would mean they had nowhere to hide - but we've seen the same this season.

In fairness though, Kenny is different. I doubt players will be trying to undermine him with any degree of success.

That is what I'm hoping and expecting Andy. While I don't condone some of the attitudes and performances from some this season, I could perhaps acknowledge that it has been a soul sapping experience.

If they can't respect Kenny, then they won't play for anyone and they need bombing.

A new manager is supposed to add a bounce factor to a club, not a slide factor, hopefuly Kenny giving the team orders and being in the dugout will be the wake up call for some and remind them what wearing that Red shirt is all about.

First two games...United away, Blueshite at home, no bigger or better occasions to show what you have in the ticker and guts departments.

Spot on as always.

Some people say that these are two bad games for Kenny to come in to, but I totally disagree. Two of the biggest games of the season in 7 days, let's fuckin have it!

Completely agree. Nowhere to hide now.

Some of them have hidden behind the last two managers now, or the ownership situation. I doubt they will change (especially as Kenny is officially a 'caretaker') but at leats the fans' perceptions of them will.

The King is back where he belongs! Imagine if we'd brought him back 12 years ago in 1998...the shitty Mancs would never have been anywhere near our records. Welcome back son and show us how football should be played again. And to you over-hyped and over-paid players who're strutting the pitch weak in weak out san passion and commitment, I warn you your days of fooling around in the famous red shirt are numbered.

A quick google and found this.

Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising

I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.

To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

Bit of a battle cry for tomorrow.

Ironically from, "The return of the King"

The brightest day at this club for almost 6 years.

Let's rock the fucking place, every game between now and the end of the season is party time, sacred ground, fucking brilliant times.

This was the worst season in living memory, now it's going to be the best in living memory for me, we've got game.