You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy gone, Kenny taking over...

dave u

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xabi Alonso has responded to Liverpool's appointment of Kenny Dalglish as manager until the end of the season by sending his best wishes to the iconic Scot.

Within minutes of the news of Roy Hodgson's departure breaking on Liverpoolfc.tv, the Spanish star logged onto his official Twitter page to express his delight.

Alonso wrote: "Good luck King Kenny!!"

His message was quickly re-tweeted by another former Red and Alonso's current Real Madrid teammate Alvaro Arbeola.

Meanwhile, Dalglish's son, Paul, admitted he felt sad to see Hodgson leave the club, but is delighted his father is back at the helm.

He tweeted: "Kenneth the hr Kenneth the man.Bitter sweet 4 me as wanted Roy 2 succeed but it'll make me so proud 2 see Dad in charge at the club he loves."

Dalglish's first game back in charge of the Reds is against Manchester United in the FA Cup third round at Old Trafford on Sunday.

United defender Rio Ferdinand reckons the news will add extra spice to the occasion.

Writing on Twitter, he said: "Can't wait for our massive game tweeps, changing of manager definately makes it an even more interesting game if anything!"

Great news to wake up to - to be honest relief is my overriding emotion.

Not expecting miracles, just a bit of fucking dignity for the first time in ages is a start.

Naturally a bit worried, about what the bellend minority of our support might do if a few results don't go our way, but to be honest I think that'll affect us more than it'll affect Kenny.

Bring on the Mancs, I'm confident that if we do lose, we'll at least go down fighting.

I always think back to when he was still a player and he went to Radio One to record one of those 'my favourite songs' programmes. My cousin worked with John Peel, and he told me that when Kenny turned up at Broadcasting House Peel went and hid, because, as he put it, 'If I met him I'd probably burst into tears'. I know what he meant because I'd do the same now. Not only for his brilliance as a player and manager but also for his grace as a man, Kenny is the best of us. Whatever happens he must be treated with the utmost respect.

I always think back to when he was still a player and he went to Radio One to record one of those 'my favourite songs' programmes. My cousin worked with John Peel, and he told me that when Kenny turned up at Broadcasting House Peel went and hid, because, as he put it, 'If I met him I'd probably burst into tears'. I know what he meant because I'd do the same now. Not only for his brilliance as a player and manager but also for his grace as a man, Kenny is the best of us. Whatever happens he must be treated with the utmost respect.

Cant agree with that enough. Spot on.

This.