You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy gone, Kenny taking over...

dave u

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ppl underestimate the value of closeness and mentality. I rmb Sneijder saying he would die for Mourinho, and that was his best season in perfomance. Under Benitez whom he wasnt close with tho, his performances dropped drastically. Footballing ability doesnt just drop in two months.

Kenny might not be able to change the talent of the players he has, but there'll be no doubt he'll be able to motivate the players, unite the players as a team, and make them play to their full potential.

And thats just for the Man Utd game, he'll be able to do even more after that. Tactics and such.

Im confident he can extract at least another 50% out of what we have.

However, we're crying out for a new left hand side of the pitch, a hard bastard striker and a decent centre back.

Hopefully the Kings reinstatement will help attract some quality.

Id start with trying to get Bellamy back on the cheap.

Absolutely brilliant. Sod what anyone else thinks from other teams, we have our club back and are unified as one. We are 100% behind you Kenny. We don't expect too much, we just have our club back.

I have a strong feeling we may see atmosphere of the old, something that we have not seen in years return back to anfield.

Finally Hodgson's gone.

I found out while downtown looking for a car. I've been walking around with a big fucking smile on my face ever since. Champagne has been bought, bottle opened and I'm sipping to first glass.

It feels fantastic to be rid of Hodgson and to have Kenny in charge, absolutely fucking fantastic!

Can i just say that i'm very excited to say Kenny on our touchline because i've never seen him play and never seen him manage us. Yes im that young :p

Same for me. Never saw him while he was with us, but I make an effort to see as much of our past greats in action as possible, and the guy is clearly an absolute legend.

I'm ecstatic about this; I really wanted Hogdson out, but only Kenny taking over could have given this kind of buzz.

Jesus, your alive..

Gotta celebrate tmrw.

Never doubt'd his return.......All hail

Fergie shittin it

I was one of he few who brought the dalglish thread back here. I am the the most happiest because I believed till the end. long live awesome football, long live the king.