You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it was.

They all look alike to me ....

*hides*

It was a good interview but by the same token the last bloke, the dutch guy with the dodgy nurse, spoke a good game too. Results are the only meaningful measure of success and that will still take some time.

Anyone see the interview on LFC TV with Borrell? His English is mad but he makes some brilliant points.

I like his idea that he's like a sculpter and that basically inside every player as inside every piece of rock/marble/etc there is something of beauty waiting to be revealed, all he has to do is chip away at the bad parts till the good reveals itself.

Paraphrased:

If I have a players that are small but have vision and craft then I work on toughening them up. If I have players that are strong and fast then I work on their techincal abilities. By improving their weakness' they become stronger players and do what they already can do naturally.It's a brilliant way to look at things and very much reminds me of Shankly in the sense that he used to say things like "go and drop a few handgrenades son",i.e go and do what we know you can do.

The vast improvement in our youth system is in no short part to Rafa Benitez and people like Borrell who he campaigned for.

I thought that strong and fast players are just told to run up and down the wing ;)