You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny post that on RAWK.

Have you got to give your National Spastic Registration number to joint that site?

Even funnier is that they are all made up with it agreeing saying how they can see how it all makes sense.

They are all asking the fella to pm them with the thing over Robbie Keane.

Just Brilliant.

The lad obviously has absolutely no mates whatsoever and needs some.

Meh, it is very much what RAWK wanted to hear.

..and what you didn't want to hear.

It's confident and puts forward details of some things that gives it a real air of authority, and it seems the real reason that it has been brought to our attention is because the poster had been watched by a few people for a while and was regarded as a bit ITK.

We'd get a similar response if DJPHAL did a two page long post on what he knows about the club, but he doesn't do that, in fact he's stopped even giving out team line-ups on RAWK due to what he feels is the media sitting and waiting for his exclusive's on matchday.

I'm inclined to believe 70% of it, just not sure which 70%.

I don't doubt the bits relating to Portsmouth and Roma, and how Chelsea became involved in the Johnson deal. It made an awful lot of sense and I don't think I could even have come up with that story. Almost too weird for it to be made up, but at the same time makes perfect sense now with hindsight.

Could also explain the other deals, namely Konchesky (Dalle Valle and the other lad going the other way, and Buchtmann), Cole (following Yossi's transfer), and even Poulson (Aquilani going to Juventus on loan).

Guest PurpleNose
Gerrard is a shit defender.

He threw in a shift at right back in Istanbul, though.

I think he's a better rightback, or possibly right wingback, than he is a central midfielder (in a 2).

..and what you didn't want to hear.

It's confident and puts forward details of some things that gives it a real air of authority, and it seems the real reason that it has been brought to our attention is because the poster had been watched by a few people for a while and was regarded as a bit ITK.

We'd get a similar response if DJPHAL did a two page long post on what he knows about the club, but he doesn't do that, in fact he's stopped even giving out team line-ups on RAWK due to what he feels is the media sitting and waiting for his exclusive's on matchday.

I'm inclined to believe 70% of it, just not sure which 70%.

I don't doubt the bits relating to Portsmouth and Roma, and how Chelsea became involved in the Johnson deal. It made an awful lot of sense and I don't think I could even have come up with that story. Almost too weird for it to be made up, but at the same time makes perfect sense now with hindsight.

Could also explain the other deals, namely Konchesky (Dalle Valle and the other lad going the other way, and Buchtmann), Cole (following Yossi's transfer), and even Poulson (Aquilani going to Juventus on loan).

On balance I thinks you're right. OK the bloke could be a complete delusional twat , in which case he needs medical treatment if he has bothered to invent it all , but it does have a ring of truth about it. I guess we will find out more when the next manager steps forward. If he has made the right call then the rest of it has much more credence .

I've no idea what's true and what isn't and we can only guess. The fella's got one fucked up imaginiation if he's made it all up, though.

It's clear that from reading the thread on RAWK (where Rafa can do no wrong) and reading the thread on here (where Stevie and Carra can do no wrong) that people will simply believe what they want to believe.

The truth will all come out when the books do.

I haven't read all of the OP but in the meantime here's my views on Gerrard.

1)Better as a wide mid drifting in, or as a 2nd striker.

2) If the money hadn't have gone to the 2 parasites and went directly towards 1 megastar replacement, I'd happily have sold Gerrard last Summer.

3)Maybe the Rafa vs Gerrard stories are exaggerated either alot or massively( Purslow??!) Tommy Smith and Shanks utterly hated each other. Often player and manager spend a whole career like that. A professional player will get on with the job, without shit stirring, being a cunt, or attempting to destabilise a genius of a manager.

4) Gerrard is a great player- but only in some ways. He'd have u believe he's a genius at everything.

5)Gerrard is an utter knob of a person. I don't trust him, like him or respect him.

And I couldn't give a shit if he fucks off with his cretinous little mate Woy.

6)Carra btw is as big a knob in some ways. And he's a totally spend force as a player.

7)Come back Rafa and boot out the idiots.

PS the OP could just be Turdslow's way of saying " we can't have Rafa back because you'll lose your 2 Scouse heroes".

EDIT - having read further some of the Gerrard- Xabi - relationship breakdown shit just looks wank from Purslow or someone.

That's really quite frightening. Especially the Torres "bomb" at the end. The only conspiracy theory missing here is the recent revelation that Cecil Purslow - recently returned from a trip to St Petersburg with his university rifle club - was sitting atop the grassy knoll on the day in Dallas in November 1963 when JFK was shot.

The problem with manic conspiracy theorists like this lad is that they tend to ascribe consistency of motive and deviousness to people who, in reality, are largely incompetent.

Some of the "shockers" I'd known about a long time ago.

I've scanned thro the shit they were giving Rafa. And it doesn't surprise me a bit. Alot of it I'd heard/ believed before.

As far as I'm concerned the clubs still got dickheads feathering their own nests. Rafa MUST come back.

And if Dalglish is trying to waggle Dir of Fball with that muppet Coyle as manager they've lost me after nearly 30 yrs. And Deschamps - Comolli is shite too.

THis club/ company looks utterly diseased.

OOTs OUT!!!

Not really. I'm not tarring them all with the same brush.

I'm just saying, you don't see Reina, Torres, Cole, Johnson, Alonso etc getting shit. Carra and Gerrard do, why? Similarly, Murphy does. McMannaman does. Aldo does. All local players. (Apart from Murphy, YE WOOL)

That's really quite frightening. Especially the Torres "bomb" at the end. The only conspiracy theory missing here is the recent revelation that Cecil Purslow - recently returned from a trip to St Petersburg with his university rifle club - was sitting atop the grassy knoll on the day in Dallas in November 1963 when JFK was shot.

The problem with manic conspiracy theorists like this lad is that they tend to ascribe consistency of motive and deviousness to people who, in reality, are largely incompetent.

It's become convenient to just blame all the fucks up at the club (mostly the ones since Rafa's departure) solely on Purslow. But unlike Lee Harvey Oswald (or like) he wasn't acting alone. That much is for sure.

Roy Hodgson is Lee Harvey Oswald. The patsy.

I'm just saying, you don't see Reina, Torres, Cole, Johnson, Alonso etc getting shit. Carra and Gerrard do, why? Similarly, Murphy does. McMannaman does. Aldo does. All local players. (Apart from Murphy, YE WOOL)

Reina doesn't get any shit because there's nothing at all to give him shit for, ditto Alonso pretty much.

Torres, Cole and Johnson have all had shit this season because many of their performances have been up to scratch.

Murphy spoke out against the manager after he was sold and accused him of being biased against English players, which he deservedly got stick for.

McManaman gets stick because he ran his contract down and fucked off on a Bosman, and is now a shit pundit.

It's nothing to do with where they're from. It's to do with them acting like cocks.

Guest PurpleNose

I think there is a perception that certainly some of the players you've mentioned, past and present, are slightly narrow minded/ill informed in their views. It creates a certain xenophobia battle.

For e.g, every single one of the Liverpool, or indeed Chester, born players you've mentioned are largely believed to favour the idea of a British Liverpool manager. Now you can argue the ins and outs of whether its a good idea or not, its largely irrelevant, the point is that ideas are formed in the minds of fans at either end of the scale (opinion wise). So every utterance is either a stick to beat them with, or another reason to like them.

The fault lies everywhere. The media for twisting fairly innocuous statements, the players, ex and current, for opening their gob without thinking of how said media will twist their words, and of course the fringe element of fans who find pleasure in harassing people on twitter etc.