You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina doesn't get any shit because there's nothing at all to give him shit for, ditto Alonso pretty much.

Torres, Cole and Johnson have all had shit this season because many of their performances have been up to scratch.

Murphy spoke out against the manager after he was sold and accused him of being biased against English players, which he deservedly got stick for.

McManaman gets stick because he ran his contract down and fucked off on a Bosman, and is now a shit pundit.

It's nothing to do with where they're from. It's to do with them acting like cocks.

I'm not talking about getting shit for how they're playing, I'm talking about getting shit for stuff they've supposedly done. How much shit has been made up about Gerrard and Carragher? Always has done.

All you have to do is look at #lfc on Twitter, you'll see fans from Indonesia or India or wherever in broken English saying things like "Carragher is shit he made Rafa leave"

Maybe it's because Torres and the like are more marketable like 'scallies' like Carragher. All I know is, Carragher will be sorely missed when he eventually leaves.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of what's in the OP is true, and the rest of it is eminently plausible. Precisely none of it is disprovable.

Well for starters the Aquilani part is. Roma published the full details of the transfer on their website and the payment in January had nothing to do with his appearances.

Four cash installments:

* €5m upfront

* €3m by 4th January 2010

* €7m by June 30th 2010

* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m/£18m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma

we dont know what's true and what isnt but Gerrard's disgusted look v Birmingham was massively unprofessional and for me it's not surprising it leads to a lot of speculation

The code of the dressing room says nothing will be brought out in public re players but Gerrard gave a lot away that day.

it also wouldnt surprise me if Gerrard and Carra are consulted on managers but Purslow should have asked Reina and Torres. it seems fair to speculate that there could be a bit of a divide in that dressing room which has led to poor performances and results and a cancer that won't go away with just the removal of the manager.

If indeed there are changes that need to be made then a manager needs to be backed to make them or he is at the mercy of the dressing room divide and is simply a lame duck. it's not fair on him or the fans.

That is why I believe someone who knows that dressing room like Benitez should come back and sort it out. Otherwise fans are deluding themselves if they think getting another coach - especially someone who lacks experience - will make any difference and could even lead to the malaise getting worse.

Some of those on here trying to discredit these rumours were only too happy to to propagate aggressively the anti-Rafa crap ladled out to TLW and Bascombe by Carragher and various other malcontents who lost their job when the Academy was quite properly reformed by the club on Rafa's advice.

Its no coincidence that the same anti-Rafa loonies on here also swallowed the vicious lies ATK posted.

Personally i believe a good bit of that, he does go on a bit about Rafa too much but a good deal of it makes sense and ties up with a lot of stuff i've read from other people who i'd trust who have given out snippets of information.

I can't see Brian Reade totally exposing the club in his forthcoming book but i certaintly hopes it opens people eyes concerning the total mess the club is behind the scenes. Too many people have their head in the sand.

It fits into how I feel regarding us being perhaps fucked more on the field by the previous owners than is public knowledge and also by our decisions being made or done by the wrong people.

For example, I don't think anyone would really argue that Gerrard and Rafa fell out and I don't really think many would be shocked if the comments regarding the transfer money and dealing with clubs that owed us, was true. Whether it is or it isn't true.

However, it obviously doesn't fit how other people view it. Which is fair enough.

Not for one minute saying it's all true, but I think the point about Gerrard is a fair one. I've always said he's too good an attacking force to keep him centralised in a rigid formation. Rafa said when he came that he runs too much, and he'll become a better player when he plays a smarter game. His best seasons in his career came when he wasn't playing in CM.

Spot on.

we dont know what's true and what isnt but Gerrard's disgusted look v Birmingham was massively unprofessional and for me it's not surprising it leads to a lot of speculation

The code of the dressing room says nothing will be brought out in public re players but Gerrard gave a lot away that day.

it also wouldnt surprise me if Gerrard and Carra are consulted on managers but Purslow should have asked Reina and Torres. it seems fair to speculate that there could be a bit of a divide in that dressing room which has led to poor performances and results and a cancer that won't go away with just the removal of the manager.

If indeed there are changes that need to be made then a manager needs to be backed to make them or he is at the mercy of the dressing room divide and is simply a lame duck. it's not fair on him or the fans.

That is why I believe someone who knows that dressing room like Benitez should come back and sort it out. Otherwise fans are deluding themselves if they think getting another coach - especially someone who lacks experience - will make any difference and could even lead to the malaise getting worse.

I've had this flickering feeling for a long time, ever since the CB article about Rafa losing the players. Sometimes I think that we will not move on until certain players retire or leave, it's something i'd rather be a figment of my imagination and never to be true. It's not a good thing to think about when you question your hero's integrity.

Why should Torres and Reina be consulted?

Gerrards face gave away a face of why the fuck are you being taken off sort of face.

If you personally could see his face and make out that he was conspiring against the manager you are a fucking genius and some sort of face reading expert??

Beintez isnt coming back. Ever, so wake up for fucks sake.