You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Post-apocalyptic and dystopian fiction

Section_31

Been hammering Fallout New Vegas on the PS3 lately and love films like Escape from New York, so just wondered if anyone had any recommendations of things of similar ilk, films, TV, graphic novels ideally. (Just bought season one of Jerico too, read it's not outstanding but watchable).

I'm more into Zombie fiction myself so my recommendations will be littered with stuff from that genre.

Graphic Novels: The Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man.

TV Shows: The Walking Dead.

Movies: Mad Max, Children of Men, Reign of Fire, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days/Weeks Later, The Postman, Zombieland, The Book of Eli, The Road, I Am Legend, The Stand, Fido, Diary of the Dead.

Books: World War Z, Day by Day Series, Rot & Ruin.

My two favourite novels are I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (nothng like the crappy film), and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Highly recommended.

Have you read 1984?

Yeah mate read that, not read The Road but seen the film, thought it was class.

Take a trip to Huyton Village on Giro day. It's as close as you can get to seeing a post-apocalyptic scenario with many horribly disfigured beings.

I said it in the film thread, but watching The Road genuinely reminded me of Oglet shore. All I remember from goig there as a kid was grey sand with rusting shopping trolleys sticking out of it.

Oglet

044236_baef6b16.jpg

the-road-1.jpg

Guest davelfc
The stand by Stephen King is meant to be his best book. Im downloading it next on the kindle as im reading IT now and just finished Tommyknockers. I seem to be liking Kings stuff at the minute.

You know you can loan books to other kindle owners? I've a few decent king books if you're interested.

We is an excellent read as are Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World.

Maybe not quite what you were asking for but Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick is one of my favourite novels, it's set in an alternative reality where Germany and Japan won WW2 and split the world between them. Ridley Scott is making a four part drama adaptation for the BBC in the near future, which should be ace on toast.