You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't think they (FSG) are getting advice from Purslow. Doesn't make sense to me.

If they trusted him and believed in him to that degree then surely he'd still be a full time employee?

Infact, I'd be very worried if they were making footballing decisions based on the advice of a non football man who doesn't even work here full time any longer.

Yeah but thats what I'm saying. Everyone thinks hes completely out of the picture. But we don't know that for sure.

He could be advising them in an informal fashion. Wasn't it said that Purslow didn't want to remain on full time with the club because he wanted to return to his original line of work.

Its not a stretch to say that he might still be advising them in some fashion. I think too many people think hes just disappeared because they wanted him to. Its not as simple as that though I would think.

Either way I don't really give a fuck. I have no beef with the guy, I just don't want Hodgson in the job a day longer than need be and that day passed a good while back.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but thats what I'm saying. Everyone thinks hes completely out of the picture. But we don't know that for sure.

He could be advising them in an informal fashion. Wasn't it said that Purslow didn't want to remain on full time with the club because he wanted to return to his original line of work.

Its not a stretch to say that he might still be advising them in some fashion. I think too many people think hes just disappeared because they wanted him to. Its not as simple as that though I would think.

Either way I don't really give a fuck. I have no beef with the guy, I just don't want Hodgson in the job a day longer than need be and that day passed a good while back.

Nah. Saying "thanks, but you won't be needed anymore" to Purslow was the first thing they did. Informal adviser to the board just means turfed out but saving a bit of face. All the comments about "not wasting money, as in the recent past" was all about Purslow too. Paying agents millions to find loan clubs for anyone willing to take Aquilani, Insua, Babel and Lucas, etc.

There are a few reasons why Roy could still be in a job:

1. The owners are putting a long term plan together, they've targeted the manager they want but he's not available until the summer.

2. They think a manager deserves to see out the season, then see where he finishes before deciding on his fate.

3. They like Roy and think he's doing an OK job and deserves to be kept on and backed to get it right long term.

4. They haven't got a fucking clue what to do.

Judging by their actions in getting hold of the club and comments since taking over, not to mention the loss of earnings and value failure of our current scale brings, number 1 seems most likely to me.

Nah. Saying "thanks, but you won't be needed anymore" to Purslow was the first thing they did. Informal adviser to the board just means turfed out but saving a bit of face. All the comments about "not wasting money, as in the recent past" was all about Purslow too. Paying agents millions to find loan clubs for anyone willing to take Aquilani, Insua, Babel and Lucas, etc.

There are a few reasons why Roy could still be in a job:

1. The owners are putting a long term plan together, they've targeted the manager they want but he's not available until the summer.

2. They think a manager deserves to see out the season, then see where he finishes before deciding on his fate.

3. They like Roy and think he's doing an OK job and deserves to be kept on and backed to get it right long term.

4. They haven't got a fucking clue what to do.

Judging by their actions in getting hold of the club and comments since taking over, not to mention the loss of earnings and value failure of our current scale brings, number 1 seems most likely to me.

I'd agree 100% what your saying makes the most sense. I was only saying its a possibility that Purslow could still have some input. Albeit I would admit its unlikely. I just have this nagging feeling they've been listening to the wrong people.

And don't take that as a criticism of them, I simply think they might be new to this game and as yet unsure about certain things. Totally understandable but frustrating as can be seen with Hodgson.

Either way if they've got a long term plan I'm all for it but we cannot be allowed to sink into a relegation scrap in our current state. I don't give a flying monkeys what plan they have, another league loss and we're in deep shit and some sort of decision will have to be made.

From a person who lives in Boston I have always thought the link between LFC and the Red Sox was premature. It was such a long stretch (86 years) for the Red Sox that expectations were never that strong outside of the hardcore fans.

Unless you are owned by a sugar daddy or a have a genius manager in charge, it will be hard for any team to challenge for the title - let alone win it. In the last decade, eight different teams won the Baseball championships, where as only three clubs won the premier league. These three were the richest teams in the last decade too- ignoring City's rise in the last two years. It is the same across the other big European leagues as well. No money, no titles.

Yeah, there’s always going to be a bit of fear because they don’t know much about football. Comolli is obviously their go to man on the football side – we’ll just have to hope that he knows what he’s doing!

Thats the thing tho Jose, commoli is a relative unknown, sure he was at Spurs an Arsenal, but in such a role that we never really know what part he played at either club. As far as we are concerned it could very well be the blind and the blind leading the blind, sure NESV Have spent some money on the club, but so far other than paying lip service to the fans we have seen only a constant regression on the pitch. Sure it may have only been a couple of months to get their feet under the table, but a season only lasts nine, and the first 2 and a half had been spent battling like shit down the lower end of the table with the boardroom struggle going on. The only time they can make any real contribution to changing the playing staff to last the next 4 months is now. There is a very real threat that if we continue under Royston in the vein that we have we could be in a dogfight come april, look at some of th teams to have beaten us, teams in or expected to be in the relgation dogfight. Plan 1 doesn't appear to be working, so now we've reverted to plan 4 by the looks of things. There had to be some kind of contingency when they took over, that the manager would be absolutely dire, and need immediate replacment, i think we're well into that phase now. Tommy Hicks must be laughing his cock off.

I doubt Tommy Hicks is laughing his cock off about anything really Arthur.

I'm of the optimistic view at the moment that these dudes aren't complete imbeciles and even if a few things go wrong they will eventually make decisions that will be towards the good of the club. We need to do well for them to make money.

The first thing that's gone wrong is that Roy hasn't bought them any time to be able to get plans in place. They'll either have to decide to write off this season or do something about it. I seriously doubt we'll get relegated.

If Commolli turns out to be a bit of an idiot, which could happen, then I think he would get replaced.

If we're lucky and they're clever we might be back up challenging in a year or two. If a few things go wrong along the way it could be longer. Levy took a while to get it right at Spurs.

The start of that article is silly.

"Roy Hodgson appears to have been given one last chance"

That's not at all what it appears. All that appears is that he is still in charge. That is not the same as being given another chance. I doubt very much that they would base it on one match in the cup. Would beating United suddenly give us the points in the league we should have got from the matches we lost to inferior opposition? If the article was based on information from someone that it was the case, then fair enough. But assuming that because he is still in charge on Sunday it means that he is being given a second chance is just rubbish.

Either way I don't really give a fuck. I have no beef with the guy

That's the thing though, you may not but the supporter next to you will.

That's how fractured things have become.

Purslow hasn't been fully removed from the situation despite having seen to his remit and more. His is now an advisory role we're told but in what respect - strictly financial you would hope but there are doubts given it's his appointment that still remains as manager.

Then we see the leaks from a club executive to a hack like Martin Samuel criticising a certain section of the support and it does make you wonder how an executive at the club can do this and still hold a position of influence.

Who on earth if anyone is feeding this misinformation about a supporters union having a designated area of the ground to this executive?

It's going to take time for FSG to fully get to grips with the situation but it seems there are a certain few, with their agendas, who are going to make the job that little bit harder for the new owners.

Why on earth is he still here? What's to be gained from this nonsense? They're flirting with relegation with this inaction. Wait till the summer for your number one target if you must but the tea lady would do a better job for now.

Just because it hasn't happened now, doesn't necessarily mean that they are waiting until the summer, that is just some people's interpretation of what is happening.

So another day comes around, and nothing. And at this point I don't think there can be any doubt that our owners are going to allow us go to Old Trafford with Hodgson in charge.

We were told to judge them on their actions. If I am to do that now, then I feel like we have been sold by one shower of eejits and taken on by another. I could understand them sitting back and trying to take their time, but right now they are looking like they couldn't care less about the awful time we are having. It's almost as if I am waiting to hear that they have taken loans out against the club to cover their initial outlay next.

However, this is my view at this exact moment as the new owners come across their first major problem; which, for me, they are handling very badly.

But they could turn it around by getting rid of him and showing a bit of leadership and then my opinion will change quite quickly. However, letting this clearly inept manager take us to our biggest rivals in a cup game is extremely bad senior management handling of an issue. They are dithering, and with each day, and each game they dither, they set us back more and more.

We need the FA Cup badly. They need to act now before they lose a lot more fans.

So far, on the handling of their first major issue, they are not doing very well.

Just because it hasn't happened now, doesn't necessarily mean that they are waiting until the summer, that is just some people's interpretation of what is happening.

Exactly, it's all just speculation . One thing for sure Torres will be off, we get relegated and get another no mark manager . Rest of our "squad" decide there are "bigger" clubs like Blackpool who can offer PL football with a chance of Europe :P

Most of that post is a joke, you decide what that was ;)

A guy I know with Fulham connections tells me Hodgson has gone and he knows it. Timing of announcement may have something to do with confirming a replacement - short or long term.

I think it is much too early to comment on how FSG has handled this; a little bit of patience and thought is generally a good thing, prevarication is'nt

Rightly or wrongly, the situation now exists where everyone - Roy, the players, the owners, the fans - know Roy's a dead man walking. There is no point prolonging the agony, it only fosters uncertainty. The swifter they act, the easier it will be to mitigate the effect on the team. They may well be thinking well who should replace him; to an extent since the news leaked that Roy was on his way out, their hands have been forced.

The owners have to act now.

Patience is something Liverpool fans used to have. The fuck is wrong with you people?

We have the worst manager in the history of the club in charge, his away record is awful, its always been awful and it always will be awful, mainly because the awful managers tactics are outdated and yes you got it right awful.

We have one win away from home so far in the league, we are out of the league cup because we lost to Northampton and now we are going to play the mancs AWAY in the FA Cup.

Going into the game with Roy in charge can be seen as just folding and its almost like we are giving the mancs a walk over to the 4th round.

Before the abysmal game against Blackburn we actually had a good chance at getting 4th if we had sacked him and brought in a manager with a more positive attitude and approach.

He needs to go before he ruins this season completely and obviously unlike you I`m not prepared to write off this season halfway through, if we continue with Roy in charge thats exactly what ww will do.

He has delieverd exactly what you could expect though so its really not his fault, but the fans should not stand still and accept it because we are not Fulham and our expectations should be and always will be higher than what Roy will be able to deliever.

This is a manager who has the worst away record in the league, Blackpool under Holloway have won more away games this season than Roy has the last 3 seasons, during his long winded career he has got more than 60 points once, back in 2001 when he got 63 points with Copenhagen, in his last two seasons with Fulham his team scored 39 goals, after 20 games this season we have scored 24 and we are on par to get the lowest goals scored since the PL was invented.

Thats why we are impatience, because he shoudl never have been put in charge in the first place because he`s simply not good enough and so far out of his depth its scary.

He needs to go and he needs to go now.

So another day comes around, and nothing. And at this point I don't think there can be any doubt that our owners are going to allow us go to Old Trafford with Hodgson in charge.

We were told to judge them on their actions. If I am to do that now, ...........

So far, on the handling of their first major issue, they are not doing very well.

Come on Johnny, you're better than that - you're far more intelligent than that. I know you're frustrated, I know you can see the damage hodgson is doing but to judge them now on their actions after only 3 months is a very "Geordie" thing to do. As red in sweden said, just because we've heard nothing doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Let's not all turn on them and show them the worst side of football fans at this stage. We have to allow them the space to deal with this their way.

If they do mess it up, then we can judge them.

We have the worst manager in the history of the club in charge, his away record is awful, its always been awful and it always will be awful, mainly because the awful managers tactics are outdated and yes you got it right awful.

We have one win away from home so far in the league, we are out of the league cup because we lost to Northampton and now we are going to play the mancs AWAY in the FA Cup.

Going into the game with Roy in charge can be seen as just folding and its almost like we are giving the mancs a walk over to the 4th round.

Before the abysmal game against Blackburn we actually had a good chance at getting 4th if we had sacked him and brought in a manager with a more positive attitude and approach.

He needs to go before he ruins this season completely and obviously unlike you I`m not prepared to write off this season halfway through, if we continue with Roy in charge thats exactly what ww will do.

He has delieverd exactly what you could expect though so its really not his fault, but the fans should not stand still and accept it because we are not Fulham and our expectations should be and always will be higher than what Roy will be able to deliever.

This is a manager who has the worst away record in the league, Blackpool under Holloway have won more away games this season than Roy has the last 3 seasons, during his long winded career he has got more than 60 points once, back in 2001 when he got 63 points with Copenhagen, in his last two seasons with Fulham his team scored 39 goals, after 20 games this season we have scored 24 and we are on par to get the lowest goals scored since the PL was invented.

Thats why we are impatience, because he shoudl never have been put in charge in the first place because he`s simply not good enough and so far out of his depth its scary.

He needs to go and he needs to go now.

So, what you are saying is that you think all that Roy needs is a bit more time to sort this all out?