You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am struggling to buy this logic about Dalglish taking over on Monday. So we are saying that Hodgson will effectively be caretaker manager until Dalglish can get back on Monday to become the caretaker manager and he will then fulfil this role until the owners decide who they want to take us forward long term? As much as I think Roy's time is up (have since the Derby) that does not really sound plausible to me.

I am hoping that there is a lot going on behind the scenes and that the owners are just making sure that the replacement is the right one to take us forward as we don't want to be in this position in a couple of months. However if a change is going to made it makes sense to have made it now. Going to Old Trafford with say Kenny in charge would have given everyone a lift as it patently is not working with Roy. I just don't believe the players are behind Roy at all. Furthermore when is there going to be a better time - over the next couple of weeks we are playing every couple of days so the fact that the next match preparations are being disrupted is always going to happen. As stated above it could even be beneficial.

If they make the change imminently the new man can at least make some changes in the transfer market, i.e. new centre half, striker but if they wait until say after the Wolves game or god forbid February we are likely to be stuck with what we have.

Randy, I don't think he's claiming that removing Roy is a knee-jerk reaction. Like me, he doesn't like the hysterical demands made by some of our fans for FSG to act quickly. It not what the fans want that's the problem (I also want Roy out), it's the way in which some of them are going about it that doesn't sit right. Trying to back FSG and John Henry into a corner just because they believe that not hearing a peep equates to idleness.

Randy, I don't think he's claiming that removing Roy is a knee-jerk reaction. Like me, he doesn't like the hysterical demands made by some of our fans for FSG to act quickly. It not what the fans want that's the problem (I also want Roy out), it's the way in which some of them are going about it that doesn't sit right. Trying to back FSG and John Henry into a corner just because they believe that not hearing a peep equates to idleness.

If I've misinterpreted the post then fair do's, my apologies. I have read it back though and I stand by what I've said.

At the current stage of play, FSG have my backing. They've impressed me so far, massively so infact. I fully understand their position, and their obvious reluctance to make uninformed decisions. It's refreshing and I applaud them for that because it's a world away from the other two cunts. Because of my trust in them, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm putting 2 and 2 together and telling myself that the delay is caused by Kenny's other engagements in the middle east. When he's back, things will fall in to place and Roy will go. If that's the case then great. If it isn't, and Roy is still here this time next week, then I'll be asking questions.

I know mate, it was a general rant at some of the muppetry and bile that's being aimed at our new owners already, its not deserved, its not fair and it is really pathetic.

Great to have you back Monkey, some quality posts over the last days. Can't rep you again, so owing you a couple already.

I totally disagree with the parts in bold.

Why is removing Roy a knee jerk reaction? Removing him after the defeat to Northampton could be classed as knee jerk. How is wanting rid of him after our 9th league defeat of the season, after losing to two of the shittest teams in the fuckin league in the past week, one of them at home, a knee jerk reaction? And everyone demanding Roy's removal is an internet keyboard warrior who get's their views from SSN? Bollocks. Every red I know wants shut of him now, and cannot believe how on earth he's still here.

Why should we write this season of now, with half of it still to play? A change in manager, a positive outlook and a bit of pride back in the shirt and we'll quickly move up the table. No, we won't get CL football but we can atleast ensure that we have a positive note to build on next season. We also have 2 cups that we can still win. If they are already rendering this season as a write off then they are effectively sticking two fingers up at the 25k season ticket holders who have already paid there money to watch the season which they couldn't care less about.

It's clear to everyone that a change is needed. even if just on a temporary basis. If they have decided Hodgson isn't their man, then they have a duty to make that change.

Removing Roy isn't a knee jerk reaction, and, as I said it will be done. But it needs to be done in the right way, with the right plan in place and at the right time, just like it used to be done. There is no point, no point at all in sacking Roy Hodgson until we have someone lined up to take over and/or a decent backroom staff in place to pick up the slack from when he is gone. Its clear we haven't got a decent backroom staff at all to do this if he goes, and the one man at the club who has the credentials to lead the club while we find a new manager has other engagements to fulfil.

There is no point at all to the abuse that is directed towards FSG just because they are doing things behind closed doors and don't respond to every last rumour out there doesn't mean they are doing shit all with their thumbs up their asses. Fact is we know Hodgson will be replaced, ever since John Henry said on TV that results were unacceptable we knew that Hodgson was on notice unless things improved and things haven't so Hodgson is on hs way out.

My point is Liverpool fans used to know this sort of shit, now you get the immature kind of muppetry which is being shown on this forum this season and that, for me, is unacceptable.

Like it or not, we can write off this season, winning an FA cup and/or UEFA cup, although being a nice day out in London or Dublin really will not rescue it, we still won't be in the champions league next season which is our minimum requirement and what Rafa was sacked for not delivering. The new owners are here for the long haul, and seem like they are prepared to do things the right way and if it takes writing off a season, then so be it.

Anyone else not going the game or not watching?

FSV can shove the income up their arse, IF they get up off it that is.

Not putting another penny into the club until they actually start talking to us, listening to us, and sacking off the manager or backing him.

Sick of being made to feel like we're out of order by complaining about this.

Out of order? Yer fucking wha? You're fucking lucky Hodgson has been so shit that he's deflected this much attention off you so far, but very soon it'll click for the majority that the problem is no longer Hodgson.

I'm not going to watch it if Roy is still in charge, nothing against the owners I just cant bare the thought of watching us defend a six goal deficit against them

Academy technical manager Jose Segura has a coaching CV that boasts success at both youth and first-team level.

The Spaniard started out as a teacher of physical education at Lleida University before making his first steps into the world of coaching at FC Barcelona, where he was involved with both their youth system and Barca B team.

His role with the Catalan giants saw him help develop players of the calibre of Andres Iniesta, Victor Valdes, Gerard Pique, Bojan Krkic, Cesc Fabregas and Mikel Arteta.

When his spell with Barcelona came to an end he returned to his job at Lleida before leaving for AEK Athens in Greece.

After a successful stint with AEK he was installed as assistant coach at Olympiacos before succeeding Takis Lemonis as manager and leading them to a Greek league and cup double in 2008.

He left Olympiacos soon after and arrived at the Academy in June 2009. Segura reports directly to the youth base's director, Frank McParlan.

Decent CV ,would do me as caretaker until the summer.

I thought about this point a few months ago. If we were to sack Hodgson we should have done it as soon as the new owners came in (clean break - maintain reputation etc), having him here here has cost us financially on those two to the tune of £30M at least.

However, Torres is akin to Michael Owen 2004-2005 for me - his body is shot. Reina has plenty of time to play and he's top of his game but does having the best keeper in the world really matter that much? Ask Real Madrid fans their opinion of that.

Generally, I don't think player power is a good thing. If Pepe wants to hang around brilliant but if not, so be it. We shouldn't ruin our reputation for these two even if the financial hit is considerable; some things are more important than money.

Ruin our reputation??? Fuck me mate that wen't a long time ago, we've had players slagging off the last manager through the media whilst he was still in the job, we had the family silver sold to a couple of yank shitehawks, we had the LMA Manager of the Year forced upon us by the media and we've had an absolute arsehole from the financial world playing championship manager behind the scenes - how apt that we've ended up so close to the chamipnship??? Move away from the console Christy yer fucking shite. We now flirt with relegation zone on a weekly basis, and so far as I can see we look to be Carsey Werners latest comedy vehicle, because to the rest of the football world, right now, we're a fucking laughing stock. Our reputation is fucking shot, if we go out against united Sunday with the clown in charge, it will be a fait accompli for the rest of football, the scousers will have finally imploded. We are in a shit load more trouble footballwise than at any point last season. So far we've got a manager who doesn't understand the club or the modern game, we've got an unproven DOFS, we've got owners who by their own admission know fuck all about the game, and they are being advised by the worst championship manager player the world has ever seen, is there anybody at the club who can be trusted in a football sense?? Only one man, and so far no fucker appears interested in what he has to say.

Removing Roy isn't a knee jerk reaction, and, as I said it will be done. But it needs to be done in the right way, with the right plan in place and at the right time, just like it used to be done. There is no point, no point at all in sacking Roy Hodgson until we have someone lined up to take over and/or a decent backroom staff in place to pick up the slack from when he is gone. Its clear we haven't got a decent backroom staff at all to do this if he goes, and the one man at the club who has the credentials to lead the club while we find a new manager has other engagements to fulfil.

There is no point at all to the abuse that is directed towards FSG just because they are doing things behind closed doors and don't respond to every last rumour out there doesn't mean they are doing shit all with their thumbs up their asses. Fact is we know Hodgson will be replaced, ever since John Henry said on TV that results were unacceptable we knew that Hodgson was on notice unless things improved and things haven't so Hodgson is on hs way out.

My point is Liverpool fans used to know this sort of shit, now you get the immature kind of muppetry which is being shown on this forum this season and that, for me, is unacceptable.

Like it or not, we can write off this season, winning an FA cup and/or UEFA cup, although being a nice day out in London or Dublin really will not rescue it, we still won't be in the champions league next season which is our minimum requirement and what Rafa was sacked for not delivering. The new owners are here for the long haul, and seem like they are prepared to do things the right way and if it takes writing off a season, then so be it.

Thanks for clarifying mate.

I still believe that we shouldn't yet regard this season as a write off because a trophy could hopefully be enough to satisfy our crown jewels for another year and prevent our rebuilding process from being 100 times harder. Otherwise, great post and I totally agree.

Who thinks Ferguson despite his supposed new commitment to the FA Cup and determination to put the boot into us as evidenced in the papers today won't ACTUALLY select a thirty second XI from the ranks of their youths, has-beens, tea-ladies and Gary Neville come Sunday ENTIRELY by accident and resulting in a 'miracle' (ha ha) victory for Royston and his classic 'defensive - 35 year old' methods.

Who then believes that in collusion with their friends at the LMA that the media will then USE this as they did the Chelsea win back in November to come out with the FULL media/PR barrage and all guns blazing in Roy's support about the values of patience, time and giving Roy as many seasons as possible to thoroughly ruin the One club they REALLY fear returning to put United BACK in the shade?

I do - I can see EXACTLY that happening in 3 days time and wouldn't be suprised at All if we win in odd circumstances at Old Trafford - Actually the one thing I think WON'T happen in view of all this? Is an absolute battering and Roy being subsequently sacked - Sunday is just To good an opportunity for The Media, the LMA and dare I say it? Ferguson? To not just strengthen Roy's position at Anfield but to CEMENT it for the foreseeable - Don't be surprised if they take it whatever We think of him.

In fact most Probably BECAUSE of what we think of Roy I think the media would Love to inflict him upon us for a Long time to come. Why? Well, Never forget that WE, the fans the ones who retain the memories of just WHAT this club once was (as United's fans did in Their league drought) and we to are the ones who (very often) unite the club and ourselves against the media and all-comers.

Our friends in the media hate us to the bone, fear above all else us finding what United did in 1992/93 - A road back to the Very top and are desperate to stop it happening during their time. In view of this - I think they actually actively Try to prevent that 'road back' happening to us and if possible, push us down further and when we DO Fail? I'll tell you now - They just Can't WAIT to rub it in, consign us to 'second-tier' status for as long as possible and DESTROY our view of what we were and where we want to be now - making us not only 'just another club' but silencing our fans to.

Yes, They DO hate us THAT much and if you think about it? Sunday is an unmissable opportunity for that lot (LMA, Media, United, Ferguson All of them) to ensure that by Ferguson suffering FA Cup short-term pain against us? That We suffer YEARS of misery with Woy as manager who would render himself unsackable by providing the one thing we would Never expect of him - a win on the road...... and There of all places.

I think to that all of this might just happen and Roy Will cement himself unfortunately, thanks to a win at OT - As I said above, this is an unmissable opportunity for those with our club's fall at heart and a hatred of us to actively help Roy in his hour of need. To make him in fact almost bomb-proof by doing just that and helping him deliver a 'miracle win'. Don't be surprised if they take it.........................

Who thinks Ferguson despite his supposed new commitment to the FA Cup and determination to put the boot into us as evidenced in the papers today won't ACTUALLY select a thirty second XI from the ranks of their youths, has-beens, tea-ladies and Gary Neville come Sunday ENTIRELY by accident and resulting in a 'miracle' (ha ha) victory for Royston and his classic 'defensive - 35 year old' methods.

Me. Because he'll never want to lose a game where he can kick us while we are down, as well as offering up faux sympathy for his 'friend'.

As I said above, this is an unmissable opportunity for those with our club's fall at heart and a hatred of us to actively help Roy in his hour of need and deliver him from the calls for his head by making him unsackable in FSG's eyes via him delivering the miracle no-one thinks he can via knocking United out of the FA Cup at their own ground. Everyone thinks he won't survive and it's a matter of days until he's gone - that a win at OT is far beyond him and even the media cheerleaders and the might of the LMA can't help now. Me? I think it's their chance (and Ferguson's - Never forget him in all this) to make him in fact almost bomb-proof by doing just that - Helping him and doing so after he's delivered a 'miracle win' that would make him untouchable for a while and hamper the campaign to sack him no end. Don't be surprised if they take it either - I won't, I will not be surprised at all.

I'll just finish by saying that this, the way our fall has been accelerated almost at turbo speed since Roy came and the circumstances of his appointment, his behaviour since it; In fact Everything regarding Roy himself? Well it stinks of Far more than just Roy Hodgson - All of it since the very moment he was appointed, his media champions, 'friends' amongst the LMA, his ignorance of what our managers Should be like, how hostile he is to our fans and most of our best players and how hostile WE are to him, his indifference to losing matches and selling off our promising youngsters ALL of it - I have the feeling that since Roy pitched up last July? That NONE of what has happened has been an accident, none of it at all. Yes he Will go eventually, he has to - He's the last remnant of the old regime and is as much a disgrace as they ever were - He should share their fate now, his disgraceful conduct as our manager demands it if nothing else and as I said, he WILL go in time - but the question is how much time and damage until FSG say Enough is Enough? That is the real question and as yet? It Still has no answer ........................

NB Scouse Missionary. Regarding Ferguson. He may never want to lose a game but didn't he lose one at home ON PURPOSE about 10 seasons ago that just 'happened' to send Manchester City down? I believe it was Derby County who until then were relegation bound who just Happened to win at Old Trafford with a Malcolm Christie Goal that condemned City in their place. Further to this, what about OUR loss to Chelsea in May? Surely he'd want his own back for that and if WE lost a game on purpose (Possibly) to give Him something he didn't want - A lost league title. Then why shouldn't HE lose one on purpose to inflict on us something WE would hate - A long term Woyston managership? In a disturbed, damaging, weird and worrying (i.e. Ferguson) sort of way, that point of view would almost see this chance as poetic justice on us FOR that Chelsea game.

We all know that Ferguson hates Liverpool and their fans more than ANYTHING else in football no? So If he sees our fans actively hoping we lose games to get rid of Roy (you're not telling me that penalty miss on Wednesday was an accident are you? Since When did Gerrard Not aim his penalties at the corners and just blast down the middle). Also since we actively hoped to lose to Chelsea to STOP United winning the league - Then what's the ONE thing Ferguson (whose probably laughing himself to sleep every night with the damage Roy's done and is doing to us) will Know deep down we Don't want on Sunday as It WOULD strengthen Roy immensely? Yep, a victory at OT. And it's not like he's not done something similar before - Remember when he lost to us in the League Cup final in '03 with a weak side but how that same side somehow did the double over us in the league en route to the title? And this after we'd beaten them about 6 times on the bounce prior to that season. Does anyone remember what he said when interviewed about that final a few months after the season had finished? I do, he said something along the lines of ''the loss of a minor cup final to Liverpool or the 6 points we took off of them in the league - Which do you think I preferred? The points every day of course'' or something similar.

Anyway, As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if we DO win come this Sunday taking all that into account, nor should you. I believe Ferguson is JUST twisted enough to do something like that and the FA Cup means stuff-all to him anyway, hasn't done for more than a decade now - I've a feeling Sunday WON'T quite turn out as everyone is currently predicting is all I'll say for now - I.e. Don't be surprised at a 'surprise' result in our favour yes? I don't know why I think like this - I suppose I've just got a feeling that Lady Fate/Luck - She who has been so nasty to and unremittingly against us since May '09 isn't done with throwing up horrible quirks, evil little twists and nasty surprises for Liverpool FC and it's fans Just yet. Either way? We shall see soon enough..............

Edited by Redshadow

FSG are coming across as somewhere between very weak and extremely badly advised now.

Infact who is advising FSG? Comolli? A glorified scout with a record of more misses than hits who's 'networked' his way into a job here. Good luck with trusting someone like that to be your eyes, ears and brain on Merseyside.

All this Kenny/Dubai stuff...if they wanted him back and in place for Sunday then he would be on his way back now. Doing some guest speaking is hardly the most binding of committments. I've had the feeling all along that FSG/Comolli are still clinging to the hope Roy can somehow turn things around to the point where we can just amble along until May.

Roy still being here will take the shine off every victory we now manage for me, knowing it will have prolonged his being here. As bad as that sounds. We've got a cracking run of games coming up, which normally I'd be looking forward to, but I'm dreading them.

There's One big BIG difference between FSG and H & G therevivalist - That is? That NOW we use OUR profits for nothing but Our club and since we always made More than enough to look after ourselves until H & G started siphoning it away and always Will make such amounts under reasonable management? (Which we'll get soon enough) We'll be fine.........In time. In fact, he may be widely hated now and rightly so given his sale to H & G but I believe if David Moores had still been in charge or another owner who gave Rafa' the amounts he had in his first few seasons here during his LAST few seasons? Rather than the negative spend nightmare our transfer dealings became - we'd probably be discussing number 19 by now and if we got to that position ONCE without a sugar daddy and with NO threat of imminent bank foreclosure/seizing of the club/administration - As there is now? Then we can do so again - However long it takes.

Overall I'm happy with how we are behind the scenes now - Just relieved we still HAVE a club after what happened to the likes of Leeds United and so nearly us in that nightmare 3 and a bit years from Feb' 07 to Oct' 10 under G & H. We'll be back - Rich owners or not and given the rules that are coming in soon enough regarding that very subject? Our current owners and their experience of winning without fortunes being lavished right, left and centre? Might just prove to be an advantage in the long run (for all United and Arsenal's rise over 20 years, Chelsea and Man City's newfound wealth and power? We are still bigger than ALL bar one of them and they know it as do the media - Hence their fans' current crowing before we recover - If we meant nothing? They'd say nothing to or about us, yet instead? They never shut up - Wonder why that is? And yet we've had NO money in all that time compared to say Chelsea - yet are still FAR bigger as a club - We will be to when the City, Chelsea et al money runs out or fortune turns on them again and they know it - Hence enjoying it while they can).

Anyway, where we are now is where United for example would LOVE to be in terms of NO debt on us at all as compared to there's which is something like the GDP of a Brazil-sized nation by now and you know what? Eventually, it Will bring them down. To know that they and their fans Wish they had what we did regarding no debt is fine by me. You know why? Because their debt WILL destroy/topple them and we Will get better, both with time...........We might even pass them on our way up but there's only ONE way they can go from here and that's down, dragged there by their unbearable debt - We thankfully don't have to worry about that any more and as I said - There will come a day, VERY soon when they will Yearn to be in our shoes with regard to debt. I can be patient until then as I know that United and their position will be destroyed by the one thing that is supposed to preserve a Football Club - Their Owners. Whilst we, the ones who were supposed to go first and be ruined by debt whilst they and their fans laughed and found a way out as they always do? Are in fact the ones who smile and wave them goodbye as they flounder - I can't think of anything MORE satisfying than that eventuality actually as an LFC fan and believe me - It is just that - An eventuality - It WILL happen. The statistics and financial realities say so - United CanNOT survive their current debt whatever lies their PR department tell, it Will pull them down whatever they do and as we now have No debt? We can watch it happen safe in the knowledge that we will Not now be following or preceding them. How that must gall their fans. Be calm my friend therevivalist, be calm and most of all? Be patient;

For example here, just consider the England Cricket Team and what they've just done in Aus' only 4 hours ago as I write. And this after FIVE successive batterings down there since '87 (reading 0-3, 1-3, 1-3, 1-4 and 0-5) and none worse than the last in '07. And all this in addition to watching Aus' come Here and destroy us in '89 to set it all in motion (our home results since and including then read 0-4, 1-4, 2-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-1) Did anyone honestly believe after such batterings as England got with such close wins when we Did win that this time we'd damn near Reverse the results of the '89 Ashes IN Australia? But we did. Thrashing them by an innings in THREE Test Matches (and it would have been four if we'd had enough time in Brisbane) when they've not lost by more than one match at home to Anyone since Before the '89 Ashes (1 - 3 to the West Indies in the 1988/1989 Test Series before you ask) Since the very Start of '89 actually. What's more? We won this series whilst setting records galore tumbling left, right and centre all over the shop - None more than with our batting (E.g Two Double Centuries this tour after one on the last tour and None before that for 8 decades or so). As I said, look at the England Cricket Team if you want to see the value of time. It took 24 years in their case but it Did happen that they turned it all around and were triumphant in the end. I believe that it will similarly happen at Liverpool to given time - Though quite clearly NOT given Roy Hodgson.

As I said Patience brings its own reward and it will here to. United Will go down in flames - Their current (and always rising) level of debt renders that inevitable - Whatever help they get from 'friendly ref's, media hounds, starstruck fans etc - None of it will save them in the end. They ARE doomed this time thanks to Malcolm Glazer and his family; Their denouement IS now only a matter of time and we will get to watch it in no danger thanks to our new owners destroying H & G's odious reign here, removing them AND our debt and saving our club all at once despite H & G attempting numerous legally dubious countermeasures and even once the outright illegal tactics of attempting to overrule a High Court in one nation with a district court in another. Despite all this it all came to nought and they along with their 'misunderstood' (in Tom Hicks strange little world) reign and the horrible debt it brought are now All gone for good thanks to John Henry and FSG. Whatever they may or may not do in the future and in Their ownership? We should always If nothing else thank them for that. They saved us from certain destruction - The Roy Hodgson affair is small beer compared to that and thanks to the lack of any debt now? We Will recover in time, I'm not to sure if you could say the same of United. Anyway - I expect we'll find out what FSG'S intentions are soon enough, Time will tell as it always does, sooner or later? Time WILL tell.................

NB: Despite being grateful to them for sorting out the H & G Debacle - I agree with the majority view that FSG are either badly advised (By Purslow no doubt) or indecisive re Hodgson - He SHOULD have gone after the Everton game - Never mind all that's happened since then and I've a feeling now it might take a Really Big public backlash on Hodgson that even the media (who often deliberately turn down the sound on the crowd when they do that or studiously ignore them with cameras) CAN'T ignore as well as FSG losing still More revenue via lost fans missing games as they're Sick of Hodgson in order to FORCE them to act and pull the trigger. And make no mistake - Sooner or later, they WILL have to pull the trigger. If Roy Won't go on his own? He'll Have to be FORCED out but go he must...............

Edited by Redshadow

FSG are coming across like they actually took purslow seriously.

I have a sneaky suspicion hes the reason Roy has lasted so long. Alot of people think he was thrown out with the bathwater when FSG came in. But I'm not so sure about that. He was instrumental in getting the yanks out and Fenway in. Theres a fair chance hes been advising them from day one and everyones been thinking the exact opposite.

I can imagine him chatting with Werner and Henry

"Nothing to worry about lads, Roy knows his stuff. He'll get it right"

All the while he knows rightly he fucked up big time giving Hodgo his last big pay day.

I've always thought, fair play Chris you got cancer&aids out. But fucking hell you didn't half balls up with Roy. We're only about 1 defeat away from being in a relegation scrap.

If he has anything to do with Roy still being in the job (i.e telling Werner and Henry to sit tight) he can get to fuck forever because make no mistake about it, now is not the time to be desperately trying to save face hoping things will go right.

Don't think they (FSG) are getting advice from Purslow. Doesn't make sense to me.

If they trusted him and believed in him to that degree then surely he'd still be a full time employee?

Infact, I'd be very worried if they were making footballing decisions based on the advice of a non football man who doesn't even work here full time any longer.