You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Beecroft on Talk Sport has just said the deal for Hodgson to go is done and that Kenny will take over for the rest of the season, the thing is Dalglish has work arrangements until Monday and is contractually obliged. He also said that FSG had identified the manager they want to takeover permanently in the summer, and have gone a long way to putting everything in place.

I don't know the credentials of Beercroft, my brother in law seems to think he's sound. Also I don't know where that would leave us for Sunday's game, as I can't see Hodgson in charge.

Probably nothing but at 3pm today LFC tv schedule for 9pm was "the press box", just switched over to press the sky + and its not on the schedule anymore it's replaced with a repeated programme.

There was something on twitter earlier about journalists being told that there may be a change to LFC.TV's line up, why it would effect them I don't know. Didn't think much of it at the time.

Graham Beecroft on Talk Sport has just said the deal for Hodgson to go is done and that Kenny will take over for the rest of the season, the thing is Dalglish has work arrangements until Monday and is contractually obliged. He also said that FSG had identified the manager they want to takeover permanently in the summer, and have gone a long way to putting everything in place.

I don't know the credentials of Beercroft, my brother in law seems to think he's sound. Also I don't know where that would leave us for Sunday's game, as I can't see Hodgson in charge.

My question answered cheers mate.

Its plausible is it not? Would fit in with the rumours of Roy having left by mutual consent but owners trying to get Kenny back in today/tonight tomorrow. Suppose they cannot say tomorrow we have decided to part company with Roy Hodgson by mutual consent. We wish him well for the future but team performances have not been good enough. Kenny Dalglish will take the role as interim manager but unfortunately he is in Dubai at the moment....so yeah."

Oh i hope!! Clutching though.

There was something on twitter earlier about journalists being told that there may be a change to LFC.TV's line up, why it would effect them I don't know. Didn't think much of it at the time.

How long is that press box show? 1 hour? so something may happen between 9-10?

I wont hold my breath.

It's speculation, but it's at least plausible speculation as Kenny is in fact still in the Gulf.

Just read the clip from the Dalglish thread.

Football legend Kenny Dalglish is set to appear on a Silversea Cruises voyage in the Middle East in January 2011.

The former Scottish international will speak about his career and join fellow passengers for dinner on the Silver Wind, TravelMole reports.

Dalglish spent 12 years playing for Liverpool between 1977 and 1989, winning seven league titles and three European cups and establishing himself as one of the club's greatest legends.

He will travel on a seven-day cruise due to depart from Dubai on January 3rd, which will feature calls in Abu Dhabi, Khasab, Muscat and Bahrain.

How binding are these contracts? I'd imagine that if they wanted him back on Merseyside, they'd arrange it sharpish regardless of a few sportsman's do's he's scheduled to attend. I'm clinging on to the hope that Kenny is en route as we speak, and this will be done in the morning. The longer it drags on, the more fearful I am of Sunday. This has the potential to be one of the greatest days of Ferguson's life and that scares the shit out of me.

Guest davelfc
Just read the clip from the Dalglish thread.

How binding are these contracts? I'd imagine that if they wanted him back on Merseyside, they'd arrange it sharpish regardless of a few sportsman's do's he's scheduled to attend. I'm clinging on to the hope that Kenny is en route as we speak, and this will be done in the morning. The longer it drags on, the more fearful I am of Sunday. This has the potential to be one of the greatest days of Ferguson's life and that scares the shit out of me.

Imagine you'd just paid £3000 for a cruise that promised you, amongst others, Kenny Dalglish. Then you discover he has flown off and won't be there.

Don't know how binding they are but can see the problems with him getting away.

Guest San Don

beecroft said owen was re signing for Liverpool when he went from Madrid to Newcastle.

I would take anything he says with a big pinch of salt, much as I want hodgson gone.

Maybe sack him after we are safe enough not to be relegated?

If we sack Roy what is the guarantee that the new manager will get results? As it is the number of candidates with big enough profiles are limited. Dalglish hasn't managed for over a decade and I fear a Shearer-Newcastle like situation with him incharge. All the foreigners will be a massive risk. What if the newly appointed manager manages to lose 5 games in a row? We will be sure shot for relegation then. O'Neil can probably keep us up with his dour football, but having the cunt anywhere near us is depressing. Forget Europe next season, we have to fight out the next few games and avoid being relegated. I know these words are a bit bitter to swallow but we cannot overlook the relegation monster that is lurking in the background.

I prefer a managerial change but only if we are guaranteed that we will survive.

You, sir, are talking sense. I firmly believe they want to sack him, but this is a monumental decision. Who do they get in? If they sack him and his temporary replacement is even worse, then what happens? Do we fans turn on them because of that? I have no problem at all with NESV taking their time on this rather than pander to baying fans. It's about getting the decision right, not how fast it takes.