You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No offense, but if you think FSG can't make difficult decisions, then you have no idea about their history with the Red Sox. This is the same ownership group that traded away one of their most popular players (Nomar) in the middle of the World Series winning season. This is the same ownership group that once ok'd a trade for A-Rod and taking on the majority of his $252M contract. This is the same ownership group that spent $51M just for the rights to negotiate with Matsuzaka. These guys jettisoned Pedro, Lowe and Damon (all fan favourites) once they realized that they could no longer produce at the levels that Red Sox needed them to in order to stay competitive. Firing Roy Hodson probably won't even make the Top 10 list of "massive" decisions these guys have had to make over the past 10 years. Chill out and let nature take its course.

What's the hold up then? If they hold on to Hodgson we might go down, and that means not an increase in revenue but a decrease...(a major one) If they want to test their new brands customer loyalty, this is not the way to do it! Expect more people to vite with their feet...

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poised to inflict a humillating scoreline? Check

Opportunity to effectively end our season in January? Check

Famously patient Liverpool fans driven to Newcastle-like behaviour? Check.

Close friend and surrender monkey managing us? Check.

Almost certain to beat us to no 19? Check.

Baconface has been waiting his entire adult life for this moment.

I've only been mildly irritated with FSV's dithering thus far. However, if they allow this twat to lead us to the slaughter on Sunday, they fuck right off back to Boston.

I am shit scared tbh. :(

This just an end result of the lame duck situation. The owners haven't denied the press reports, neither have they acted to confirm them. It comes down to making a decision based on the best information available and continuing full blast. But a decision is needed, it helps no one to continue like this.

But I can see why NESV are waiting, I get the impression they know who they want but they know they are not available until the Summer, Kenny could make that appointment a nightmare. Whether you agree or not, you have to give NESV the time to evaluate that possibility, it is not an easy decision from their point of view.

This is what I believe too. They know exactly who they want, but they can't get him until the Summer. Who knows, perhaps this person has already indicated they would take the job.

They were hoping that Roy could last the season but it is fast becoming a nightmare. The football is awful, the players are clearly unhappy and the manager is looking way out of his depth managing our great club.

If this is indeed the scenario, what do the owners do? It's a choice I don't envy them with. Of course all this supposition could be rubbish.

This just an end result of the lame duck situation. The owners haven't denied the press reports, neither have they acted to confirm them. It comes down to making a decision based on the best information available and continuing full blast. But a decision is needed, it helps no one to continue like this.

A right decision is better waiting for though! As, I am sure, you know. Sacking him is clear cut, when and the replacement isn't.

Maybe sack him after we are safe enough not to be relegated?

If we sack Roy what is the guarantee that the new manager will get results? As it is the number of candidates with big enough profiles are limited. Dalglish hasn't managed for over a decade and I fear a Shearer-Newcastle like situation with him incharge. All the foreigners will be a massive risk. What if the newly appointed manager manages to lose 5 games in a row? We will be sure shot for relegation then. O'Neil can probably keep us up with his dour football, but having the cunt anywhere near us is depressing. Forget Europe next season, we have to fight out the next few games and avoid being relegated. I know these words are a bit bitter to swallow but we cannot overlook the relegation monster that is lurking in the background.

I prefer a managerial change but only if we are guaranteed that we will survive.

Guarantee!!! I've heard it all now!

Guest San Don

FSG are making this situation worse by doing nothing. I spoke to several fellas who went the game last night. They all told me a 'bit of an atmosphere' started to brew between the different factions of our support at the game.

Some people were singing 'getting sacked in the morning' while others told them to shut up or sang songs to drown them out. someone was supposed to be heard chanting for benitez and was promptly told to shut up or there'd be fisticuffs.

Eventually, everyone sang to give the team support rather than get at hodgson.

anyway, the point is, by saying nothing, FSG are allowing these factions to develop within our support. They need to act quickly or our support could quite possibly turn on one another.

If they say he's gone, its sorted. If they say he's staying until the end of the season, its sorted. People then know all they can do is get behind the team.

One other thing, it pisses me right off that finance may be the deciding factor in sacking hodgson. That is if fans vote with their feet, that may make them sack him.

We should only sack a manager because he's crap. The day finance starts to determine whether we retain r sack the manager will be a bad one imo.

Personally, I think FSG should sack hodgson cos his results are crap. He's not motivating the players and, his away form is abysmal.

A lot of sense being spoken, from both sides. For me, this is fast becoming the worst case scenario and I think that is what a lot of people are alluding to.

We are not midtable and we do not seem to be able to progress, Wolves and Blackburn are six points that would have meant we are two points behind Chelsea with a game in hand, a new manager can make that tangible.

But I can see why NESV are waiting, I get the impression they know who they want but they know they are not available until the Summer, Kenny could make that appointment a nightmare. Whether you agree or not, you have to give NESV the time to evaluate that possibility, it is not an easy decision from their point of view. Sadly Fans live in the moment, we pay money for the next match not the next five years, I am more than happy to see how they manage this situation. All I will ever ask from any owner is that they make decisions, rightly or wrongly, with the good of the club at the heart of any decision.

Good post.

Theres obviously more to it than just bringing in Kenny.

Though if he was a success (plausible) that should be the end of it.

Still sack the OFC tonight though.

Our top flight survival depends on it.

Maybe they're waiting for us to get porked in the next 2 games before bringing in the new guy.

So the new incumbent can hit the ground running.

Though i can think of NOTHING better than a win at OT to kick off a new reign. The Scum are just the best of a rather shit bunch this year.

They are NOWT special. Very annoying.

Deal with the rest later.

FSG are making this situation worse by doing nothing. I spoke to several fellas who went the game last night. They all told me a 'bit of an atmosphere' started to brew between the different factions of our support at the game.

Some people were singing 'getting sacked in the morning' while others told them to shut up or sang songs to drown them out. someone was supposed to be heard chanting for benitez and was promptly told to shut up or there'd be fisticuffs.

Eventually, everyone sang to give the team support rather than get at hodgson.

anyway, the point is, by saying nothing, FSG are allowing these factions to develop within our support. They need to act quickly or our support could quite possibly turn on one another.

If they say he's gone, its sorted. If they say he's staying until the end of the season, its sorted. People then know all they can do is get behind the team.

One other thing, it pisses me right off that finance may be the deciding factor in sacking hodgson. That is if fans vote with their feet, that may make them sack him.

We should only sack a manager because he's crap. The day finance starts to determine whether we retain r sack the manager will be a bad one imo.

Personally, I think FSG should sack hodgson cos his results are crap. He's not motivating the players and, his away form is abysmal.

Great post.

The one man to bring the factions together is Kenny.

The man can take us down, we are 5 points off bottom, the people whinging at people complaining he's not been sacked yet is bizarre, how much worse do things have to get? If we cant appoint the right manager yet then no one cares but we need this man out and someone else in before he does any more damage and halves their investment.

Guest San Don
Laurie Sanchez has also just said that Portsmouth and Tottenham are bigger clubs.

How the fuck can sanchez think that? Portsmouth a bigger club? that would be the Portsmouth who nearly went bankrupt and were in admin plus are now in the Championship?

Spurs? What the fuck have they won in the last 10 years? So being in the CL now determines what a big club is eh sanchez you prick?

And best of all, trophy wise, Liverpool arent a big club?

Better stay of the white powdery stuff, sanchez mate.

A lot of sense being spoken, from both sides. For me, this is fast becoming the worst case scenario and I think that is what a lot of people are alluding to.

We are not midtable and we do not seem to be able to progress, Wolves and Blackburn are six points that would have meant we are two points behind Chelsea with a game in hand, a new manager can make that tangible.

But I can see why NESV are waiting, I get the impression they know who they want but they know they are not available until the Summer, Kenny could make that appointment a nightmare. Whether you agree or not, you have to give NESV the time to evaluate that possibility, it is not an easy decision from their point of view. Sadly Fans live in the moment, we pay money for the next match not the next five years, I am more than happy to see how they manage this situation. All I will ever ask from any owner is that they make decisions, rightly or wrongly, with the good of the club at the heart of any decision.

A very valid point that, and one that I hadn't thought through if I'm honest. The owners do seem to be making measured decisions and that would explain the careful handling they have given to things today. Sacking a manager is a big deal and the decision should never be made in response to a defeat, no matter how dire. It should be carefully considered with a sound rationale behind it.

I've come to the decision myself that he needs to go now on commercial grounds, reputational grounds, footballing grounds, you name it. I think they do want to make the right appointment and that is likely to be in the summer but I had thought that a caretaker manager was now a wise decision. The idea that that could complicate their long term plans is again a valid point which needs to be carefully examined before they do make that decision.

I just hope we have that decision tomorrow so that we know where we stand before Sunday's game.

How the fuck can sanchez think that? Portsmouth a bigger club? that would be the Portsmouth who nearly went bankrupt and were in admin plus are now in the Championship?

Spurs? What the fuck have they won in the last 10 years? So being in the CL now determines what a big club is eh sanchez you prick?

And best of all, trophy wise, Liverpool arent a big club?

Better stay of the white powdery stuff, sanchez mate.

Sanchez, Bright, Barclay.

Eternal bitters.

Whatever the potential flaws of appointing Kenny, the flaws of keeping Roy and doing nothing now far outweigh them.

We all know it's not an ideal situation for the owners, but tough. That's football. The situation needs addressing whether it's ideal or not.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Maybe sack him after we are safe enough not to be relegated?

If we sack Roy what is the guarantee that the new manager will get results? As it is the number of candidates with big enough profiles are limited. Dalglish hasn't managed for over a decade and I fear a Shearer-Newcastle like situation with him incharge. All the foreigners will be a massive risk. What if the newly appointed manager manages to lose 5 games in a row? We will be sure shot for relegation then. O'Neil can probably keep us up with his dour football, but having the cunt anywhere near us is depressing. Forget Europe next season, we have to fight out the next few games and avoid being relegated. I know these words are a bit bitter to swallow but we cannot overlook the relegation monster that is lurking in the background.

I prefer a managerial change but only if we are guaranteed that we will survive.

I really don't understand this point of view one bit. Dalglish has four league titles to his name as Manager and has probably forgotten more about management than Shearer will ever know.

The game hasn't changed as much as people seem to think in my opinion and Dalgish has been round the club for the best part of a couple of years, so I'm pretty sure he's kept abreast of the latest developments.

Sanchez, Bright, Barclay.

Eternal bitters.

Whats funny is, we could not give a flying f'k what those or anyone else when they clearly think their say is right. All we care about is LFC and if it continues to go the way it has been we have every right to complain and we will continue to do so until we have the right set up.

Barclay, Bright and Sanchez hope you read stuff like this because quite frankly we could not give a shite what you think.

You can tell I am reaching the end of my tether a bit myself with it all now. I still hope.

Just been passed anfield in the car it's swarming with press and camera's not sure why though nothing on ssn yet,unless they are expecting news tonight or 1st thing in the morning,here's hoping eh.

They're expecting him to be sacked. Looking like its not happening though. Can't fucking believe hes going to be in charge one minute longer.