You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just rid ourselves from a group of parasites that really could have sunk us. Why are we crying over a season of mediocrity?

We could be relegated under Hodgson.

You'll say we have a team that's too good to be relegated, but the fact is you need fight to avoid being relegated, teams like Wolves, Everton, Newcastle etc have this fight, we don't.

And if we get relegated under Hodgson because the owners decided to keep him until it's too late, then it won't just be a season of mediocrity, it will be decades of mediocrity.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
When Hodgson is sacked, I'll celebrate. For all of 6 seconds.

But the big issue is who replaces him, and how well he is supported.

Personally I think its easy to predict early on what an owner will be like. Sure NESV have learnt from the errors of those 2 cancers. But bizarrely there was a bit of a honeymoon period with those 2 scumballs.

Really there's only 1 option. Its overwhelmingly clear that we need Rafa back. For every possible reason.

If its this Kenny bullshit, or some "up and coming" ( read "not very good") manager, then I don't know if I can be doing with it any more.

I'm a gigantically passionate fan, for getting on 3 decades. All those days travelling, all that money, it was the fans that built this club. Not Christian Purslow, or a few Americans with spreadsheets and "brand advisors".

I think we'll soon see what NESV are about...

Ta-ra then chuck.

They sack him then what? There's a collective hysteria amongst the Liverpool support which you can sense when you're at arm's length. The calls to appoint Dalglish as if the club is imploding is testament to this.

We're going through a rebuilding phase. We've got new owners, they seem competent. We've just rid ourselves from a group of parasites that really could have sunk us. Why are we crying over a season of mediocrity? It's clear that we've had some shady shit going on but that doesn't mean we should run round like fucking headless chickens. Hodgson will be gone as soon as the season has finished. That's it, the rebuild job starts there.

I can't help but feel that this panic is part of a deeper malaise within our support: a) Mancs overtaking us; b) a taste of fanpower rearing its ugly head; c) guilt over Benitez.

those are good points and i think the original plan was for Roy to get us through the season and hopefully qualify for the europa league. i don't think anyone envisioned a relegation battle, not even good ol cecil

its clear the club is stale at the moment and if we were playing decently but not quite good enough then i'm sure Roy would be good through til the summer.

but we've hit a nadir and FSG have been forced to act even though i don't think they want to. i don't think its the financial repercussions either, i think its the timing and the feeling they have that they aren't as well versed as they need to be yet to have the right people in place.

i don't think a CEO is important in this equation, i think this is Comolli's call to make.

i think the supporter part of the equation is highly financial. bad teams mean empty seats and its already begun.

They sack him then what? There's a collective hysteria amongst the Liverpool support which you can sense when you're at arm's length. The calls to appoint Dalglish as if the club is imploding is testament to this.

We're going through a rebuilding phase. We've got new owners, they seem competent. We've just rid ourselves from a group of parasites that really could have sunk us. Why are we crying over a season of mediocrity? It's clear that we've had some shady shit going on but that doesn't mean we should run round like fucking headless chickens. Hodgson will be gone as soon as the season has finished. That's it, the rebuild job starts there.

I can't help but feel that this panic is part of a deeper malaise within our support: a) Mancs overtaking us; b) a taste of fanpower rearing its ugly head; c) guilt over Benitez.

Probably none of the above for many. The real panic comes when we hover week after week roughly 1 game from relegation, as people have said above. Then there's the rest of the stuff about accepting mediocrity, but we'd have to mediocre consistently first, as the manager says...

It never works out well when you retain a manager with the mood dire and relegation a possibility - the situation invariably gets worse and a change is only made when panic sets in at all levels of the club. We're more or less certain to go down if Roy manages for another league game - that needs to be accepted.

The thought of that bad impersonation of a Liverpool football manager being in the dugout against the scum on Sunday and costing the new man an FA cup shout makes me physically sick...the guy has no right to stay in the job, he is universally despised by the fans and is embarrassing the club around the world

I remember during the kenny huang fiasco and the NESV will they won't they thing, fcuking checking the net at all hours, always checking my phone, f5 fcuking addiction....I am sick of the club putting us through this shit, this is the third fcuking drama in a year played out in the media (fourth if you count the Rafa dismissal) and it's an insult to the fans, come out and say you are backing that joker or sack him, I can't take this staying up late, constantly checking the net routine.......give us a fcuking break and make a decision one way or the other and stop putting the fans through the wringer once again, it honestly does affect lives, working and personal, as the club is so important to so many of us yet the way things gets played out shows us the absolute minimum of respect - sick of this shit, I want my fcuking life back!

Edited by Nathanzx

It never works out well when you retain a manager with the mood dire and relegation a possibility - the situation invariably gets worse and a change is only made when panic sets in at all levels of the club. We're more or less certain to go down if Roy manages for another league game - that needs to be accepted.

Last time I checked it wasn't the end of the season, and we weren't in the that much danger of relegation.

The thought of that bad impersonation of a Liverpool football manager being in the dugout against the scum on Sunday and costing the new man an FA cup shout makes me physically sick...the guy has no right to stay in the job, he is universally despised by the fans and is embarrassing the club around the world

The bit in bold is pertinent and a good point...

I remember during the kenny huang fiasco and the the NESV will they won't they thing and I am fed up of these dramas, fcuking checking the net at all hours, always checking my phone, f5 fcuking addiction....I am sick of the club putting us through this shit, this is the third fcuking drama in a year played out in the media (fourth if you count the Rafa dismissal) and it's an insult to the fans, come out and say you are backing that joker or sack him, I can't take this staying up late, constantly checking the net routine.......give us a fcuking break and make a decision one way or the other and stop putting the fans through the wringer once again, it honestly does affect lives, working and personal, as the club is so important to so many of us yet the way things gets played out shows us the absolute minimum of respect - sick of this shit, I want my fcuking life back!

...but then you go and spoil it all with this childish fcuking load of drama queeny shite.

Very good post, even if I disagree with the bottom line. Roy's tactics are eroding any semblance of chemistry on the pitch. Player's are struggling to settle into a rhythm in any game, subs generally undermine momentum or derail efforts. His conduct in the media is embarrassing and his downgrading of expectations is directly contradictory to what the club is about. "Aim for the sky..."

I honestly can't what would be gained by keeping him on, but I can see him doing genuine damage by remaining.

RAWK are being utter tools once again, and I can only see their zeal (no doubt with that taste of fan power in mind) making FSG dig their heels in for the wrong reasons.

Very interesting and thoughtful post.

Whilst I agree with it in a logical sense, football is an extremely emotional game and logic is a small part of it. I am not sure whether Anfield as a collective can be pragmatic and stay quiet as this 'rebuilding phase' happens. I don't know what will happen if support is watching us game after game, dropping the points that could keep us in the Europa League (or even, dare I dream, in touching distance of the Champions League places). I don't know if fans can keep quiet when Lucas throws his arms up because he's spent 80 minutes playing on his own in centre-mid and still doesn't have anyone to pass to. I don't know if we can look at the malaise on Torres' face as he trudges out onto the field, and know he is leaving at the end of the season because of how utterly depressing the whole thing all is.

You can remind yourselves during those moments that we are going through a transition, but it doesn't really help with that feeling of sickness and loss that arises in the gut and the desperation to try and change something; save a part of what you're losing.

During those moments when loss is epitomised, whether it is the loss of a player or the loss of an ethos, a greatness, a history: passion takes over. That is a human thing. If somebody attacks you and tries to kill you, do you think of your legal right to defend yourself and how your actions will look in court, or do you do whatever you can to fight them off? That may be the difference between surviving and being killed.

I agree that their is probably a deeper psychological root to the cries for Kenny, and the almost hysterical desperation for change, and I am not nearly qualified to assess what that would be. What I do believe, though, is that a crowd of 40,000 people is probably not equipped to deal with that problem in a logical way, and the long-term damage of them trying to do so might be a far greater problem in itself.

We have half a season left to play. We can still salvage a respectable league position and we still have 2 cup competitions to play in. "Hodgson will be gone as soon as the season has finished" you say, but why should we wait that long? Him staying renders this season a write-off. It's as simple as that. That is unacceptable and does a dis-service to those who've paid their money for 19 home league games.

You're right, the re-build job does start next summer. But before that, it's up to the board how extensive that re-build job is going to be. If you keep Roy then never mind a re-build, we'll need mouth to mouth. We are 5 points off the bottom, and we're playing teams who will have a hell of a lot more fight and bottle for the scrap than our shower have. One thing that the past few years have taught me is never to think that things cannot get any worse, because as we've saw for too long now, they bloody well can. Have you seen anything to suggest that we'll finish comfortably this season, because I haven't.

Get rid now, and give it to Kenny. He's more qualified than anyone and I guarantee he'll do no worse than the current man. We have to try and salvage this season, because re-building with Nando and Pepe is a damn site easier than re-building without them.

So we lose Reina and Torres for a combine 65-70 million...

So? Rationally, who's to say we can't replace them with quality? Just playing devil's advocate here.

Because others want to play alongside players of this standard, not in place of them. That rational enough?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So? Rationally, who's to say we can't replace them with quality? Just playing devil's advocate here.

First things first, we've still got to get around to adequate replacement for Keegan. It's not going to be easy, that's for sure.

Because no one in there right mind would come to play with Poulsen and Konchesky.

Look at United, they knew what message it would send if Rooney left so they bent over backwards to keep him.

Because others want to play alongside players of this standard, not in place of them. That rational enough?

Suppose so, but that doesn't allay my suspicion that a lot of this hysteria about players leaving is grossly overblown. Torres will probably go regardless.

Because no one in there right mind would come to play with Poulsen and Konchesky.

Look at United, they knew what message it would send if Rooney left so they bent over backwards to keep him.

Correct. What will our selling point me when these two leave?

Champions League? No

Europa League? Probably No

It is imperative we keep these two. Keep Roy until May and we won't. Then FSG can add 5 years on to that huge re-building process.

And here's why I feel the way I do.

Hodgson is leaving. Anyone with two eyes and gray matter can see that. So, assuming that our football and position in the table improves significantly over the next 5 months, is there really going to be a mass exodus of stars that weren't already agitating for a move or were disillusioned? I doubt it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Suppose so, but that doesn't allay my suspicion that a lot of this hysteria about players leaving is grossly overblown. Torres will probably go regardless.

The only way we really have a shot of keeping the remaining world class players, having already lost some, is to bring in a good manager and give him a fucking huge whack of cash. Ribery, Benzema and others. Those are the sort of players needed to keep Torres et al., I reckon. Top class up and coming talent, at the very least.

Correct. What will our selling point me when these two leave?

Champions League? No

Europa League? Probably No

It is imperative we keep these two. Keep Roy until May and we won't. Then FSG can add 5 years on to that huge re-building process.

Read your post back with the quote, and it sounds like you are talking about Poulsen and Konchesky.

I was so confused.