You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but if you think FSG can't make difficult decisions, then you have no idea about their history with the Red Sox. This is the same ownership group that traded away one of their most popular players (Nomar) in the middle of the World Series winning season. This is the same ownership group that once ok'd a trade for A-Rod and taking on the majority of his $252M contract. This is the same ownership group that spent $51M just for the rights to negotiate with Matsuzaka. These guys jettisoned Pedro, Lowe and Damon (all fan favourites) once they realized that they could no longer produce at the levels that Red Sox needed them to in order to stay competitive. Firing Roy Hodson probably won't even make the Top 10 list of "massive" decisions these guys have had to make over the past 10 years. Chill out and let nature take its course.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The owners have sent a message to whomever takes the job in the future; we won't kneejerk over your position. I like it. I like the way that we've returned to a closed shop. Nothing is being said, things are being dealt with behind closed doors, as it should be, and (some) internet babies are crying over it.

absolutely stunning. so if FSG don't sack Roy basically immediately they risk losing the supporters.

and when this public favour shifts, then what happens? a petition, a protest?

Actually, yes. RAWK are trying to organise a boycott of games whilst Roy remains in charge as well as open editorials and petitions to the owners.

As I've said before, the idea of a boycott in the era of G+H - when the very future and fabric of the club itself was at stake - was readily dismissed on the grounds of 'affecting the team', and yet now the fans are so angry and so moved as to try to organise this? Unbelievably short-sighted and so very sad.

The owners have sent a message to whomever takes the job in the future; we won't kneejerk over your position. I like it. I like the way that we've returned to a closed shop. Nothing is being said, things are being dealt with behind closed doors, as it should be, and (some) internet babies are crying over it.

Good post.

You forgot to call Strontium Dog a cunt, though!

All in jest, of course.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's a good post.

You forgot to call Strontium Dog a cunt, though!

I love Stronts really. I love him anally. I mean annually.

Brian Reade tweeting, he's in charge for the United match.

What's clubs has Reade managed at?

If Hodgson is in charge at United, it'll be absolutely clear they want to hang on to him for the rest of the season unless it becomes completely impossible. They might hope we'll give him until June, for example, on the back of a win.

I'm officially running out of patience on this. He should've been sacked a couple of fucking months ago and results have proven that. All this bollocking around around is painful and if we get bent over and dry-fucked at Old Trafford with Roy in charge, people will start losing faith in the owners.

I completely understand they want their first appointment to be the right man and that that person might not be available at this moment. I also believe that they shouldn't make their decisions on the basis of fans stamping their feet and chucking their toys out of the pram. What they are forgetting, perhaps, is how completely sick we are of the lack of respect for our club and our traditions over the last few years, and they won't be given as much leeway coming into the situation as they would in other circumstances.

They might be happy to just write this experience off as a learning curve, and if Roy keeps us in the premiership playing the same insipid shit week in week out, so be it. Unfortunately, with the way the last couple of years have gone and the obvious alternatives (i.e Kenny) at hand, I don't think many people will look at the situation as pragmatically - myself included.

What I really hope they are doing at the moment is thrashing out a compensation deal with Roy and a caretaker contract with someone else - hopefully Kenny.

Can't stomach us getting smashed by United at the moment - I really can't.

We go to utd on sunday for a game we could lose on any given day. When Roy leaves and Kenny comes in it will undoubtably lift the whole club. The downer off the back of a defeat in his first game against them cunts wouldn't do any of us any favours, so fuck it leave Roy until the monday win or lose. He can have nice cosy up with his pickled buddy safe in the knowledge he's fucking history.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Actually, yes. RAWK are trying to organise a boycott of games whilst Roy remains in charge as well as open editorials and petitions to the owners.

As I've said before, the idea of a boycott in the era of G+H - when the very future and fabric of the club itself was at stake - was readily dismissed on the grounds of 'affecting the team', and yet now the fans are so angry and so moved as to try to organise this? Unbelievably short-sighted and so very sad.

Fuck me, those of us shouting for a full club boycott, in order to force the financial hand of Hicks and Gillet, were treated like mental outcasts. You're spot on. It is short-sighted, you're right. If we'd got Hicks and Gillet out sooner, we might very well have avoided this position.

You've missed my point.

There is being fair with Roy and affording him the chance to turn us around, that's all well and good, but we are past that now. Enough is enough, they have to be decisive. He's lost the fans totally, act now and they'll be applauded. Wait until we've been destroyed by the mancs and people will rightly ask, why wasn't this done earlier? Him being here is damaging us more and more each day and they have a duty to stop the rot. Fans are asking questions, and rightly so. Nothing about petitions or protests.

They sack him then what? There's a collective hysteria amongst the Liverpool support which you can sense when you're at arm's length. The calls to appoint Dalglish as if the club is imploding is testament to this.

We're going through a rebuilding phase. We've got new owners, they seem competent. We've just rid ourselves from a group of parasites that really could have sunk us. Why are we crying over a season of mediocrity? It's clear that we've had some shady shit going on but that doesn't mean we should run round like fucking headless chickens. Hodgson will be gone as soon as the season has finished. That's it, the rebuild job starts there.

I can't help but feel that this panic is part of a deeper malaise within our support: a) Mancs overtaking us; b) a taste of fanpower rearing its ugly head; c) guilt over Benitez.

It's fucking Purslow. It's clear that he doesn't want Kenny and he is trying to save his own arse and his appointments arse. He's taking advantage of their lack of knowledge of the game. I really hope the owners don't listen to people like Purslow, or the media. They know nothing, they publish shite for the masses. The shite eventually becomes common wisdom for every Journo/dick at work/back-stabbing ex players.

They sack him then what? There's a collective hysteria amongst the Liverpool support which you can sense when you're at arm's length. The calls to appoint Dalglish as if the club is imploding is testament to this.

We're going through a rebuilding phase. We've got new owners, they seem competent. We've just rid ourselves from a group of parasites that really could have sunk us. Why are we crying over a season of mediocrity? It's clear that we've had some shady shit going on but that doesn't mean we should run round like fucking headless chickens. Hodgson will be gone as soon as the season has finished. That's it, the rebuild job starts there.

I can't help but feel that this panic is part of a deeper malaise within our support: a) Mancs overtaking us; b) a taste of fanpower rearing its ugly head; c) guilt over Benitez.

Very good post.

When Hodgson is sacked, I'll celebrate. For all of 6 seconds.

But the big issue is who replaces him, and how well he is supported.

Personally I think its easy to predict early on what an owner will be like. Sure NESV have learnt from the errors of those 2 cancers. But bizarrely there was a bit of a honeymoon period with those 2 scumballs.

Really there's only 1 option. Its overwhelmingly clear that we need Rafa back. For every possible reason.

If its this Kenny bullshit, or some "up and coming" ( read "not very good") manager, then I don't know if I can be doing with it any more.

I'm a gigantically passionate fan, for getting on 3 decades. All those days travelling, all that money, it was the fans that built this club. Not Christian Purslow, or a few Americans with spreadsheets and "brand advisors".

I think we'll soon see what NESV are about...

re: FSG - they just want to do things properly and avoid any reprecussions further down the line - they want the next manager to be here for the forseeable - we don't want to be like Chelsea changing their manager every other season

also there's no CEO in place yet and the CEO would have be consulted re: any new manager coming in

despite the logic of above i think they should have had someone lined up from day one to come in and take over from Roy

as for where they should go grom here i think they should just get in Dein now that he's been knocked back by the FA and appoint Kenny as caretaker til the end of the season

Yes there's panic. But do you really want to see Pepe leave? Torres gone? Gerrard fading, disinterested?

I think this is a great post but I am terrified of these things. I don't want to spend half of next season rebuilding from the terrible backward progress we made in this "transitional" one.

Repped.

It's fucking Purslow. It's clear that he doesn't want Kenny and he is trying to save his own arse and his appointments arse. He's taking advantage of their lack of knowledge of the game. I really hope the owners don't listen to people like Purslow, or the media. They know nothing, they publish shite for the masses. The shite eventually becomes common wisdom for every Journo/dick at work/back-stabbing ex players.

I'm sorry... what? If he had that much influence, then he'd still be in his role at the club.

Purslow is utter scum. As much as Hicks and Gilette. A vile "man" in every way.

But its also this twit Comolli. Rafa (or anyone else thats more than vaguely competent)in charge of transfers = Comolli getting his P45.

And there's Inner Circle Sports ( who also advised G&H in their takeover).

Yanks who know nothing about football, merely experts in exploiting fans for "brandbuilding" purposes.

Finally, how the hell do we believe that all 19 NESV members are suddenly

interested in us winning trophies?