You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My personal belief is he'll be gone this time tomorrow.

How he's still around is beyond me.

This is my positive logical head speaking.

Maybe the American contingent are travelling to Liverpool first, will hold a board meeting tonight with all members present, and make an official announcement then. Maybe Kenny is travelling back from his holiday in Dubai and they wan't to make an official announcement with him present. These are the only logical reasons I can see for there still being no official announcement for his sacking, or 'mutual separation' as they'll probably call it.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly the thing though that got us in trouble in the first place.

We are not looking for someone whos not as bad as Hodgson and Kelly. Christ, a pair of garden knomes would be an upgrade. We want people who can get us back up the league while it's still shite and give us an outside chance of getting back into Europe next season. We need proven talant. Now is not the time for Newcastlesque thinking similiar to the clamour for Shearer.

The major difference between us calling for Kenny, and the barcodes calling for Shearer, is, Kenny has the experience, the knowledge, the respect, and the ability to change the dressing room big boys in to players who will do as they are told, not as they are asked, is a proven manager, and has big enough bollocks to tell certain players they dont deserve the shirt.

Shearer just thought he did.

The major difference between us calling for Kenny, and the barcodes calling for Shearer, is, Kenny has the experience, the knowledge, the respect, and the ability to change the dressing room big boys in to players who will do as they are told, not as they are asked, is a proven manager, and has big enough bollocks to tell certain players they dont deserve the shirt.

Shearer just thought he did.

It's us calling for Carragher having some role that I am likening to Newcastle calling for Shearer.

I want Kenny.

It is, but I don't see why the delay.

This should have been done this morning. Thank's Roy, here's your few million pay off, now pack your bags. No questions asked, no pissing about, no indecisiveness. We've fallen too low now, and FSG are in grave danger of eroding people's early support and trust if they allow his reign to continue. They still have that support and trust, but we are at the point now where if they don't make the change, the public favour for them could soon turn. I'll be absolutely astounded and disgusted if he is still in the dug out on Sunday.

You know the people saying "They haven't got a clue, they should have sacked him?" These are all good things. The reason why is that if they sacked him and didn't know what the fuck to do next, what would everyone be saying after that?

He'll be gone. You don't have to be an expert in any sport whatsoever to realise the gravity of the situation. We've a squad that is of at least mid table quality. And we're nowhere near that standard. Therefore, the manager must go.

He'll be gone by tomorrow. Without a shadow of a doubt. People need to take a step back and look at the evidence at hand:

- We got our arses handed to us by a Newcastle side. 3-1.

- We've got outplayed at home by a bottom of the league Wolves side. Got beat 1-0.

- Got our arses handed to us by Blackburn 3-1 away from home.

- He's packed his bags at Melwood.

- His press conference tomorrow has been more or less cancelled.

He's gone. Definately.

You know the people saying "They haven't got a clue, they should have sacked him?" These are all good things. The reason why is that if they sacked him and didn't know what the fuck to do next, what would everyone be saying after that?

He'll be gone. You don't have to be an expert in any sport whatsoever to realise the gravity of the situation. We've a squad that is of at least mid table quality. And we're nowhere near that standard. Therefore, the manager must go.

He'll be gone by tomorrow. Without a shadow of a doubt. People need to take a step back and look at the evidence at hand:

- We've got outplayed at home by a bottom of the league Wolves side. Got beat 1-0.

He's gone. Definately.

Just to comment on the two in bold. His car was left at Melwood last night (some say he'd had a drink) thats why he was given a lift in. The bags are supposed to be the ones he took to Blackburn with him and he was just taking them home. If he emptying his office would he put everything into gym bags?

And secondly his press conference hasnt been cancelled and one reporter asked Liverpool if his conference was still going ahead tomorrow, and was told that they where not going to answer the question (as they do with MOST questions)

So the two points in bold are in no way any reason to be 'certain' that he is gone tomorrow, or any other day for that matter.

there would still probably be an improvement

not that I'm slagging off the owners

You think Sammy Lee could do better?

I don't.

I'm not defending the owners, but I think they need to be judged on how they fix the situation, not how long it took them to fix it.

I don't.

I'm not defending the owners, but I think they need to be judged on how they fix the situation, not how long it took them to fix it.

I genuinely dont think anyone who has any substantial experience in football could do any worse

He's gone. Definately.

Mate, I really hope you're right and he will be gone by tomorrow but I still think the question needs asking about the reason for delay.

Last night wasn't a surprise to anyone. We could see it coming a mile off. After Wolves last week, every noise coming out was that he was a dead man walking. Contingency plans should have been in place before we even kicked a ball last night. In my opinion, we should have woken up to the news he had gone and Kenny should have been taking training today so he'd atleast have 3 days to get this micky mouse team ready for a massive game on Sunday. Given all that's gone on in the past week especially, there should be no reason why the plan for his dismissal wasn't already in place.

Maybe there are plausible reasons why we've heard nothing, as I discussed a few posts back, but I still think we've waisted a day here whatever happens. Last night has came as no shock to anyone, and people are rightly worried that the delay represent's FSG's desire for him to continue as manager.

Sorry, but they are now officially dithering. There is no clear message coming out of the club and it is really damaging. Clearly they are very reticent to give Kenny or anyone else the job on a caretaker basis - though why this is I have no idea. In case he's successful? Isn't that the whole fucking point? They can't possibly believe that Roy is right for the job, or that things will improve in any way if he's left in the position. Therefore I just don't know what the fuck they're thinking or what is going on. Leaving him in the job until the end of the season just isn't viable, and finding a long-term replacement mid-season is obviously going to be difficult, so the simple - and obvious - answer is to give Kenny either on a long-term basis or with the strict and clear proviso that someone else will be coming in in the summer.

It is, but I don't see why the delay.

This should have been done this morning. Thank's Roy, here's your few million pay off, now pack your bags. No questions asked, no pissing about, no indecisiveness. We've fallen too low now, and FSG are in grave danger of eroding people's early support and trust if they allow his reign to continue. They still have that support and trust, but we are at the point now where if they don't make the change, the public favour for them could soon turn. I'll be absolutely astounded and disgusted if he is still in the dug out on Sunday.

absolutely stunning. so if FSG don't sack Roy basically immediately they risk losing the supporters.

and when this public favour shifts, then what happens? a petition, a protest?

the reason that Hicks and Gilett sold the club wasn't because they lost the supporters favour, it was because they were financially fucked.

the reason that everyone knows what kind of leeches they were and their shady dealings WAS because of the supporters and supporters groups. and fair play to every group and person who had a part in it.

the only 2 things that are going to cause us to lose supporters are:

1.) we are playing shit losing football and people aren't going to pay money to watch it

2.) fairweather supporters who jumped on the bandwagon after istanbul are going to fall by the wayside.

if 4 weeks from now we were still in 12th position BUT FSG finally sacked Roy and replaced him with say Jurgen Klopp, today's ridiculous opinions would be tomorrow's wastepaper.

i could understand if ownership was blindly backing Roy and saying he was the right man for the job and everyone was overreacting. but they aren't.

its fairly obvious he'll be sacked at some point but bringing on a temporary manager isn't as easy as it sounds in retrospect. think joe kinnear and alan shearer during newcastle's debacle.

about the only real solution i've heard was appointing borrell from the academy. i just don't think Kenny is a good idea. there are way too many potential negatives.

I don't.

Good point.

I also think we should all take a minute to think rationally about this.

The owners are not fans, why would they be? this is a business to them, not a born and bred heartfelt lifestyle.

They in no way feel like the majority of us feel about the current situation, how could they?

How many of them have followed everything we have done in the last 37 years? (personally speaking there)

How many of the owners have seen/been through/highs/lows etc that we have in that time?

We all have to take a moment here, and stop to realise, they are the owners of something that is worth more than anything most of us will ever own, and im talking monetary there not feelings.

They are in this as a business prospect, they will do what they think is correct, when they think it is right to do it.

That doesnt mean they dont care, or that they dont get it, it just means they will do things as and when they deem it correct to do it.

NESV/FSG are known for making the best of the thing they own, be it the Redsoxs, or indeed now us, but we, as fans have to realise, it will take them a hell of a long time to think with their hearts about LFC as we do.

So all those calling them this that or the other, just stop and think about reality.

They arent Scousers, they dont understand what being a Kopite is, they dont make a decision based on feelings, they make decisions that make sense for the long haul.

So despite what we all think feel and want, we should all stop with the "NESV are cunts if they dont do this" or "if they dont do this by then, then FSG are what we think"

That is just shite.

They are our clubs owners, and I for one think we owe them a bit more respect than to keep slating them, because they didnt do what WE wanted right away.

Especially when WE, dont have a clue what is going on behind closed doors, and are all clutching at straws because we are all in a mood to kill an owl.

So calm down people, and lets see what happens.

And cheers btw, im on the vino collapso as I cant bare being sober while I await to hear that hes gone ;)

Hodgson should hang in there until the end of the season. All the crying in the world shouldn't change that. The owners are right to 'dither', what the fans want doesn't necessarily mean what is best for the club.

Most of the morons on here wanted "anyone but Benitez", those clowns should hang their heads in shame. Instead some of them continue to post fucking offensive garbage on here: yes I'm looking at you Antynwa you little tit. Fuck off.

absolutely stunning. so if FSG don't sack Roy basically immediately they risk losing the supporters.

and when this public favour shifts, then what happens? a petition, a protest?

the reason that Hicks and Gilett sold the club wasn't because they lost the supporters favour, it was because they were financially fucked.

the reason that everyone knows what kind of leeches they were and their shady dealings WAS because of the supporters and supporters groups. and fair play to every group and person who had a part in it.

the only 2 things that are going to cause us to lose supporters are:

1.) we are playing shit losing football and people aren't going to pay money to watch it

2.) fairweather supporters who jumped on the bandwagon after istanbul are going to fall by the wayside.

if 4 weeks from now we were still in 12th position BUT FSG finally sacked Roy and replaced him with say Jurgen Klopp, today's ridiculous opinions would be tomorrow's wastepaper.

i could understand if ownership was blindly backing Roy and saying he was the right man for the job and everyone was overreacting. but they aren't.

its fairly obvious he'll be sacked at some point but bringing on a temporary manager isn't as easy as it sounds in retrospect. think joe kinnear and alan shearer during newcastle's debacle.

about the only real solution i've heard was appointing borrell from the academy. i just don't think Kenny is a good idea. there are way too many potential negatives.

You've missed my point.

There is being fair with Roy and affording him the chance to turn us around, that's all well and good, but we are past that now. Enough is enough, they have to be decisive. He's lost the fans totally, act now and they'll be applauded. Wait until we've been destroyed by the mancs and people will rightly ask, why wasn't this done earlier? Him being here is damaging us more and more each day and they have a duty to stop the rot. Fans are asking questions, and rightly so. Nothing about petitions or protests.